Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    We need an Asgard Leading Ladies book, with Brunhilde, Angela and Sif going on adventures and secret missions. Why can't I have this?
    +Thor Jane Foster & Enchantress please

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Eh. I liked it in the movies but not in the comics. I do like consistency. It strengthens the bond between the old stories and the new. The new stories mean less if they lose their continuity with the preceding catalog. I know there are opposing viewpoints, that the stories can stand on their own as long as the major themes are maintained (e.g. Batman's parents are killed, Peter Parker, socially awkward, bit by spider, etc). A little too jarring for me
    As he is quite an underused character, often one note, it is hardly changing a lot to change the way he is coloured in, between lines that render him entirety differently like every other character in comics ever. How a character looks is often totally different in different arcs or sometimes the same comic (as seen in this one). The only concern I could possibly see is his familial connections, but as I stated, we don't know what skin colour signifies in a race like the Asgardians. It may be entirely normal for siblings to have different skin colour. In other words we can just make stuff up, like we always have.

We need an Asgard Leading Ladies book, with Brunhilde, Angela and Sif going on adventures and secret missions. Why can't I have this?
    They could title it The Warriors Three. Sorry couldn't resist that one.

Does anyone else think that the Infinity Stones story will probably be in an entirely different Aaron book, and not part of this story. It just feels tangential to this tale, and how he would even fit it all in is a puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    +Thor Jane Foster & Enchantress please
    Enchantress to play off Valkyrie, yes, but Jane already has a solo. I'd prefer Kelda, she's been wallpaper for so long now

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Infinity Stones story will probably be in an entirely different Aaron book, and not part of this story. It just feels tangential to this tale, and how he would even fit it all in is a puzzle.
    Loki is hunting them down in Guardians of the Galaxy, and might follow it up in Doctor Strange when he becomes sorcerer supreme

They could title it The Warriors Three. Sorry couldn't resist that one.
    I'd rather they got their own name lol

Although, it could work, they're like the female version of that Team. The Red head, the Blonde and the Brunette. It would be funny to see the guys annoyed with them stealing their name or replacing them, but apart from the joke part, it would be bad taste.

I don't think the Warriors three shtick works for them
    Volstagg - voluminous food guzzler, big teddy bear, angry when the ones he protects are attacked, likes to Bluster and is humorous with funny jokes and antics
    Fandral - dashing handsome swordsman, a bit vain, womanizer, Witty and humoirous , brave
    Hogun - stoic warrior, grumpy and quiet, underrated badass you would not expect, don't let him get angry, dry wit/humour, plays the straight man
    Last edited by Del torro; 10-19-2017 at 03:05 AM.

I'd rather they got their own name lol

Although, it could work, they're like the female version of that Team. The Red head, the Blonde and the Brunette. It would be funny to see the guys annoyed with them stealing their name or replacing them, but apart from the joke part, it would be bad taste.

I don't think the Warriors three shtick works for them
    Volstagg - voluminous food guzzler, big teddy bear, angry when the ones he protects are attacked, likes to Bluster and is humorous with funny jokes and antics
    Fandral - dashing handsome swordsman, a bit vain, womanizer, Witty and humoirous , brave
    Hogun - stoic warrior, grumpy and quiet, underrated badass you would not expect, don't let him get angry, dry wit/humour, plays the straight man
    Well you gave it far more thought than I did. It could work in an annual though. Lets pitch it as a single page story.

Well you gave it far more thought than I did. It could work in an annual though. Lets pitch it as a single page story.
    Lol, you said single page and my mind overdid it, sorry

After the Whole Mangog fight, Volstagg the voluminous is injured and the Asgardian version of the ICU/comma. Fandral and hogun are both depressed by the situation. Both also sustained bad injuries from the battle and are in low spirits.
    A Quest is sent to the Warriors 3 by the dwarves to help them venture into (insert one of the exotic nine realms) and retrieve something, Fandral and hogun at first decline, not wanting to leave Volstaggs side. But then they hear the makes mention a rare fruit/plant/potion with healing abilities that can also be found in that realm too and decide to go.

Unfortunately, the Chief Mage deems them too injured and unfit to go on an adventure. Lady Sif who has been in the background through all this, then speaks up that she will hold on the dwarf quest and bring the potion/fruit. She then declares to the messenger that the Warriors 3 will fulfill the quest. Then she gets Brunhilde (who wants to help) and Angela (who demands payment and they haggle over It, she at first rejects the offer, then consults Sara, collects payment and joins them). They had out on the adventure, shenanigans ensue.
    They first get the artifact but fail to get the potion/fruit as it gets eaten/destroyed/stolen/something. Angela double crosses them, she has Sara set up an ambush, sells the dwarf artifact to a higher bidder (storm Giants and their Bersek werewolves), takes her money and Sara teleports them out.

Sif and Brunhilde fight their way through, retrieve the artifact and get out. pissed, they return to asgard disappointed, but find Volstagg in better condition, turns out Angela sent Sara to heal Volstagg, and left a note saying "now we're square".

Could work as an Annual.

Could work as an Annual.
    As a whole annual maybe! I do worry that Volstagg will be dead by then.

As a whole annual maybe! I do worry that Volstagg will be dead by then.
    They would never kill Volstagg, I would lead the riots

Spectacular Member

The Ego stuff in the middle of this issue read like embarrassing fan fiction done by a 15 year old. Best stuff is Dauterman's art on the double page spreads.

BANNED

It's a storyline in Guardians of the Galaxy. Whether it will also cross over with Thor, time will tell. I imagine it's going to be a story big enough to reach across a few books.

As for this issue, Holy Fu*king God!! This was absolutely tremendous. In a run that's been as consistently strong as Aaron's Thor, I could have forgiven this anniversary issue for not standing higher than the typical issue but I need not have worried. Aaron and the collected artists involved truly brought the thunder with this one.

Given the various artists, I expected that this issue would be divided into separate chapters and each artists would have their own short story but I really liked how the various stories were woven together with different artists on each one but all of it flowing throughout the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    The Ego stuff in the middle of this issue read like embarrassing fan fiction done by a 15 year old. Best stuff is Dauterman's art on the double page spreads.
    Woe to anyone who cannot delight in the gloriously mad sight of Ego the Necroworld.

Great read.

I'm only a tad disappointed with the idea of a "rematch" between Thor and Hulk that didn't quite get all the way there. Wish that had its own issue.

They could even bring Hildegarde back, involve Sera, and possibly have some appearances by Dani Moonstar.