Incredible Member

Default So Peter is dating Bobbi in ASM and another woman in spectacular as spidey?

Was this meant to cause confusion? I know currently spectacular takes place before Secret Empire but Peter was still really talking to Bobbi, is this going to catch up post SE or are we going to continue these conflicts?l

The thing with Rebecca London doesn't seem serious in the slightest so I wouldn't focus too much on it.

BANNED

Three different women for three different Spidey books

ASM-Bobbi
    Spec-Rebecca
    RYV-His wife MJ

It’s always good to have a backup
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Amazing Member

Play-on playa

On a serious note...it does seem weird that Peter does have a different love interest in all three of his main books.

Quote Originally Posted by nx74205 View Post
    On a serious note...it does seem weird that Peter does have a different love interest in all three of his main books.
    Well, RYV is in its own continuity, so it's not a problem that Spider-Man's love life is vastly different than the other ones. In fact, that is one of the main reasons it exists in the first place (beyond helping to fill Marvel's coffers ). As far as ASM and SSM (which are, ostensibly, in continuity with each other), that is really an odd circumstance that Peter would have two different girlfriends. I mean, I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to see him as a two-timer. Is there any indication what the internal chronology is in regards to how the two series fit together? It is possible that the SSM takes place well after ASM, so the premise was that Spider-Man broke up with Mockingbird and then later began taking an interest in London (or whatever the character's name is), but ASM hasn't depicted the Mockingbird breakup yet, or vice versa, or something else like that.

It could also just be some kind of oversight or unavoidable problem when you have multiple authors contributing to the same world. I recall that in the Ultimate comics, the Ultimate Power miniseries depicted Spider-Man and Kitty Pryde as a couple, despite the fact that the internal chronology slotted that story between the Ultimate Clone Saga and Ultimate Knights story arcs of USM proper, the former of which showed Spider-Man breaking up with Pryde when he rekindled his relationship with Mary Jane Watson, and the latter establishing the fallout between Spidey and Pryde over that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

you dont get it, man, it's about the stories.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Three different women for three different Spidey books

ASM-Bobbi
    Spec-Rebecca
    RYV-His wife MJ

yeah, but RYV is a alternate universe. ASM and Spec should be more consistent.

Spec is still set before Secret Empire - and it seems still will be even in January. The whole plot with Teresa doesn't work with SHIELD kiboshed. So maybe this thing with Rebecca London is done before he got serious with Bobbi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It is possible that the SSM takes place well after ASM, so the premise was that Spider-Man broke up with Mockingbird and then later began taking an interest in London (or whatever the character's name is), but ASM hasn't depicted the Mockingbird breakup yet, or vice versa, or something else like that..
    It was already confirmed by Nick Lowe last week that Spectacular is behind ASM in terms of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, but RYV is a alternate universe. ASM and Spec should be more consistent.
    What part about that post did you not detect was partially sarcasm? Here's a clue, it's the smilie.

I say "partially sarcasm" because even RYV has a connection to 616 Peter and MJ anyway, or did you not read Power Play?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-19-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It was already confirmed by Nick Lowe last week that Spectacular is behind ASM in terms of continuity.

What part about that post did you not detect was partially sarcasm? Here's a clue, it's the smilie.

I say "partially sarcasm" because even RYV has a connection to 616 Peter and MJ anyway, or did you not read Power Play?
    I know this is a two month reply(and sorry to mods if this isn't allowed), but I was reading old posts and just noticed this reply. And funny enough, I just read power play and most of slott's "ASM worldwide" run today. I did notice that connection and wonder if that was actually important or not. I do feel if Bobbi ends up having any competion, it will likely be MJ since I don't see anyone else Slott could hook Peter up with at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spec is still set before Secret Empire - and it seems still will be even in January. The whole plot with Teresa doesn't work with SHIELD kiboshed. So maybe this thing with Rebecca London is done before he got serious with Bobbi.
    It was set before Secret Empire. But the recent issue mentioned that Black Widow is dead. But that doesn't really add up with everything else.

The continuity is all over the place in Marvel.