Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Gold #14 discussion

So why exactly are Kitty and Rachel condemning the 05 for working with Magneto? Especially Kitty, who was saved from death & rescued from space by Mags, and Rachel, who was just working with him against the Inhumans in Civil War II?

LOL. In other news, I liked Jeen's moment against Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    So why exactly are Kitty and Rachel condemning the 05 for working with Magneto? Especially Kitty, who was saved from death & rescued from space by Mags, and Rachel, who was just working with him against the Inhumans in Civil War II?
    Hypocrites or bad writing. Take your pick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It could just be that they think the kids will fall for Magneto's manipulations whereas adults working for him don't run that risk as greatly? If I was an adult in the Marvel universe, I'd probably want to work with Magneto. If I had kids, I wouldn't want them working with him though....

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This arc Is bile inducing. Meta and reliving the past. It's part three and nothing's happened. I'm over it
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Hypocrites or bad writing. Take your pick.
    Maybe she's holding a grudge, because he knew where she was the whole time and never helped or told anyone else until he needed to kiss up to Scott.

This issue was mostly an excerise in nostalgia, but I still had fun with it regardless. Phenoix Sentinels though? Uhh, ok.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lackluster across the board with both dialogue and action sequences. The art was okay, and that was it.

And I can't at them killing off Storm's team. Like, you know Bloodstorm is gone, and then you take out the other Storm as well? My heart goes out to Storm fans.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Wasn't Magneto on Cyclops team along with the O5 and Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    It could just be that they think the kids will fall for Magneto's manipulations whereas adults working for him don't run that risk as greatly? If I was an adult in the Marvel universe, I'd probably want to work with Magneto. If I had kids, I wouldn't want them working with him though....
    IDK they didn't seem to care leaving Erik alone with the students during the Utopia era.

Best part: seeing Kitty get knocked unconscious by Cap's shield in an issue written by Guggenheim.
    Full review to come later but I absolutely loved the issue.

kitty gggh.jpg
    Is it me or is Kitty trying to call out to Guggenheim as she gets knocked out? "Gggh--"
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-18-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    IDK they didn't seem to care leaving Erik alone with the students during the Utopia era.
    True, but these are the time displaced O5, the most important teens to ever teen!

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I could kind of see the differences that would make Kitty and Rachel uncomfortable with the idea of the O5 kids working with Magneto. Yes, Kitty and Rachel have both worked with him recently but as allies, the O5 are following his orders and being used as pawns.

Also, all this talk about Magneto rescuing Kitty makes me upset that we never got a proper scene between them discussing it.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Meh, this is boring, nothing substantial has really happened since the first issue

Maddie getting sucker punch was so op lol why did she reply when jeen ask her to say it again it was a big trap lol