More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Default Symbiotes who are NOT Venom, Carnage, or Toxin Appreciation Thread

This is for all the symbiotes that are often forgotten, yet have made their mark in various ways:

Last edited by Venomous Mask; 10-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member

The five symbiotes of the Separation Anxiety story are the best ones beside Venom,Carnage and Toxin.
    Why?
    Because they featured in a cool Spider-Man vídeo game.

Separation Anxiety was a great game, especially with co-op, though it's story was more based on Lethal Protector than the Separation Anxiety comic. Scream was actually on her way to becoming an antihero in The Hunted and Tooth and Claw before being put into limbo for years and them killed by Remender. The host is dead, but I hope the symbiote comes back.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, speaking of, it's a shame we haven't seen Scorn since Carnage USA. Raze from the Carnage series by Gerry Conway had some interesting potential, too, I thought.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hybrid could have been something, too bad he was killed off (in one of the most unceremonious ways possible).
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Separation Anxiety was a great game, especially with co-op, though it's story was more based on Lethal Protector than the Separation Anxiety comic. Scream was actually on her way to becoming an antihero in The Hunted and Tooth and Claw before being put into limbo for years and them killed by Remender. The host is dead, but I hope the symbiote comes back.
    Yeah,Separation Anxiety was a great game.
    It was odd to me back then that the five symbiotes of Lethal Protector comic book and the video game had not apeared in more comics during that time.
    Anyways they looked quite cool in the video game or the Venom limited series.

It wasn't just that game they were cool in.

http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Scream
    http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid

Hybrid did become a hero in that game. Scream was shown to be under the symbiote's control in the game. It seemed like the sort of thing the devs may have been thinking about using as a plot hook to make hero a hero later.

Anyways, next on my list of cool symbiotes was April Parker(aka Mayhem). She's actually a sort of spider-mutate hybrid actually, so she doesn't actually NEED a host, she can wander around on her own.... and shapeshift to look like practically anyone, or temporarily merge with another person. I hated how they killed her in the comics. :/ It was just a dumb way to kill off a character.

Man, I don't know about you but my top five symbiotes could be Mania, Anti-Venom (He is awesome in Future Fight), Scream (Mainly because of the desing), Scorn (The desing as well) and Mayhem/April Parker.
    In terms of characterization April and Mania are go to girls. I love the characters and for me I was sad that April died in the MC2 however I do belive that she might come back with her dad as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Hybrid could have been something, too bad he was killed off (in one of the most unceremonious ways possible).
    I agree how unfortunate it was that they got rid of him.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Hybrid did become a hero in that game. Scream was shown to be under the symbiote's control in the game. It seemed like the sort of thing the devs may have been thinking about using as a plot hook to make hero a hero later.

Anyways, next on my list of cool symbiotes was April Parker(aka Mayhem). She's actually a sort of spider-mutate hybrid actually, so she doesn't actually NEED a host, she can wander around on her own.... and shapeshift to look like practically anyone, or temporarily merge with another person. I hated how they killed her in the comics. :/ It was just a dumb way to kill off a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRstarkiller360 View Post
    Man, I don't know about you but my top five symbiotes could be Mania, Anti-Venom (He is awesome in Future Fight), Scream (Mainly because of the desing), Scorn (The desing as well) and Mayhem/April Parker.
    In terms of characterization April and Mania are go to girls. I love the characters and for me I was sad that April died in the MC2 however I do belive that she might come back with her dad as well!
    I'm still holding out hope that April comes back whenever Tom DeFalco decides to revisit MC2. Clones and symbiotes don't tend to stay dead, after all, and I could see April striking out on her own after seeing where her vicious and slightly unhinged behavior ultimately leads, trying to reform herself and become a better person. As for Mania, I am desperately hoping Andrea Benton doesn't get killed off in Venom, Inc. Otherwise . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, speaking of, it's a shame we haven't seen Scorn since Carnage USA. Raze from the Carnage series by Gerry Conway had some interesting potential, too, I thought.
    They definitely need to make a comeback; I think Scorn would be great as a member of a team, while Raze might be put in a more horror environment.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yeah,Separation Anxiety was a great game.
    It was odd to me back then that the five symbiotes of Lethal Protector comic book and the video game had not apeared in more comics during that time.
    Anyways they looked quite cool in the video game or the Venom limited series.
    Scream was in The Exile Returns, the debut of the Scarlet Spider. She actually wasn't the villain, and was trying to get Venom to help her control her symbiote, but Venom was too hostile towards other symbiotes due to Carnage and just tried to kill her repeatedly. She was also in the Venom mini Tooth and Claw. The hosts of the other four symbiotes were murdered by Scream in the Separation Anxiety comic.

I didn't know they were in Avengers Alliance, that's pretty cool. And Mayhem definitely needs to come back; I'm still hoping for a version of Venomverse where we see 616 Venom interact with other versions of himself like Mayhem, Ultimate Venom, Madness Venom and Earth X Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that April comes back whenever Tom DeFalco decides to revisit MC2. Clones and symbiotes don't tend to stay dead, after all, and I could see April striking out on her own after seeing where her vicious and slightly unhinged behavior ultimately leads, trying to reform herself and become a better person. As for Mania, I am desperately hoping Andrea Benton doesn't get killed off in Venom, Inc. Otherwise . . .
    In Planet of the Symbiotes, it was stated that symbiotes could only fully die when they committed suicide, and even if that wasn't the case, she "died" in an explosion; Venom once took a rocket launcher and several grenades in quick succession and was fine.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the info.
    I did not knew they were in that vídeo game.Looks cool.
    The last aliance vídeo game i played was the 2009 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Scream was in The Exile Returns, the debut of the Scarlet Spider. She actually wasn't the villain, and was trying to get Venom to help her control her symbiote, but Venom was too hostile towards other symbiotes due to Carnage and just tried to kill her repeatedly. She was also in the Venom mini Tooth and Claw. The hosts of the other four symbiotes were murdered by Scream in the Separation Anxiety comic.
    Thanks for the info.
    I am still behind in Reading the 90s Venom limited series,so i dont know much info about the symbiotes that apeared in those limited series.