Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Why isn't Jean getting her answers from Rachel? Rachel actually hosted the Phoenix the longest? Rachel bonded with the Phoenix to the point that it permeated every cell in her body. Rachel has the most intimate connection to the Phoenix next to Jean Grey but young Jean is wasting time having pointless with every other member of the Marvel Universe for entertainment value. There could be some great headway made in character development for both Rachel, Jean and the Phoenix but noooo let's just convolute the Phoenix storyline with frivolous meandering pointless subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthra View Post
    Why isn't Jean getting her answers from Rachel? Rachel actually hosted the Phoenix the longest? Rachel bonded with the Phoenix to the point that it permeated every cell in her body. Rachel has the most intimate connection to the Phoenix next to Jean Grey but young Jean is wasting time having pointless with every other member of the Marvel Universe for entertainment value. There could be some great headway made in character development for both Rachel, Jean and the Phoenix but noooo let's just convolute the Phoenix storyline with frivolous meandering pointless subplots.

stop tring to force logic, sense and continuity where it doesn't belong!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nobody else happy to see DUMMY?

Or,...have all of you forgotten him?
    Isn't he No-Girls brother?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Man I love the Morrison days. New X-men beast was his best design imo. Wonder what Jean going to get from this.

Something like how emma branwashed scott to "fall in love with her"
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Because Marvel is giving Jean and the Phoenix a higher profile throughout Marvel Universe.

So it can't all be about her going to Rachel. A lot has been done establishing Jean's relationships with other people outside of the Summers/Grey family.
    Though Rachel will be back in the book soon enough, it seems.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Because Marvel is giving Jean and the Phoenix a higher profile throughout Marvel Universe.

So it can't all be about her going to Rachel. A lot has been done establishing Jean's relationships with other people outside of the Summers/Grey family.
    Though Rachel will be back in the book soon enough, it seems.
    That. And the book is about Jeen coming to grips with who she is, who her adult self was, and the potential destiny that awaits her. Not Rachel. The editors made it clear from the beginning (when they first brought the O5 back) they didn't want Jeen to have relationships with her "family" (i.e. Rachel and Cable) as they didn't want the character bogged down with old "baggage". And Rachel's relationship with the Phoenix is the exact opposite of the narrative they have been pushing since AvX, so they won't highlight that either. I'd rather see adult Jean interact with Ray at this point since the teenage one isn't interested, and it's not a story Marvel wants to engage with. Ray will appear in the January JG issue in prison with the other hosts, which sounds to be a good issue.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Similar things have been said about Jean. Sublime-Beast said that the Phoenix was in Jean's blood and genes. Dark Beast said that each of Jean's cells was its own center of power and connected to white fountains of cosmic energy or some such.

They did acknowledge in Rachel's last appearance in the Jean Grey solo that the Phoenix Force was not a negative for Rachel. She was the only one that didn't have a negative perspective about it. She alluded to how it saved and healed her.

I do agree that there should have been more interaction between Teen Jean and Rachel. I want to see adult Jean and Rachel interact as well. To me, Jean and Rachel are the truest Phoenixes. They are more than hosts, they are avatars in the truest Hindu sense of the word.

I don't see why Jean and Rachel can't both be Phoenixes, just with their own imagery. Jean can have the Phoenix codename and the fire or pink raptor effect. Rachel can be Prestige or Marvel Girl (if Teen Jean leaves) or Starchilde or Askani and have either the fire or blue raptor effect.

But if it makes sense, there is a safe bet that they won't do it.

Astonishing Member

I really like Rachel as a cosmic hero with the Phoenix. Someone Gladiator/Black Bolt level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I really like Rachel as a cosmic hero with the Phoenix. Someone Gladiator/Black Bolt level.
    There should be no good reason why Rachel isn't as powerful as Jeen who has dropped Gladiator and a number of Imperial Guardsmen, solo.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Man I love the Morrison days. New X-men beast was his best design imo. Wonder what Jean going to get from this.
    Naw I'll always love classic blue beast
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Naw I'll always love classic blue beast

What?!? How could you not love "Strength: Class 75", Hank?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-20-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Link added.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Similar things have been said about Jean. Sublime-Beast said that the Phoenix was in Jean's blood and genes. Dark Beast said that each of Jean's cells was its own center of power and connected to white fountains of cosmic energy or some such.

They did acknowledge in Rachel's last appearance in the Jean Grey solo that the Phoenix Force was not a negative for Rachel. She was the only one that didn't have a negative perspective about it. She alluded to how it saved and healed her.

I do agree that there should have been more interaction between Teen Jean and Rachel. I want to see adult Jean and Rachel interact as well. To me, Jean and Rachel are the truest Phoenixes. They are more than hosts, they are avatars in the truest Hindu sense of the word.

I don't see why Jean and Rachel can't both be Phoenixes, just with their own imagery. Jean can have the Phoenix codename and the fire or pink raptor effect. Rachel can be Prestige or Marvel Girl (if Teen Jean leaves) or Starchilde or Askani and have either the fire or blue raptor effect.

But if it makes sense, there is a safe bet that they won't do it.
    Sometimes Rachel does have a fiery aura. She's also written as one of the team's big guns. She took out advanced sentinels, Thor, the Minotaur, etc.

I don't think there should have been that much interaction between Jeen and Rachel initially. Jeen wanted to change her future and for awhile rejected any relationship with Scott. The last thing she would have wanted was to be around Rachel or Cable. She's just now reconciled with Scott, and I think this does leave open a door for more of a relationship with Rachel. Still the point of reintroducing Jean Grey as a teenager is to reintroduce who Jean is as a person to the wider Marvel audiences, and for them to get see her primarily as a hero, not as someone's mother or wife!

The negative part of the 90s portrayals of Scott and Jean's marriage is that in the 90s, the Nates and Rachel were the real heroes meant to get rid of Apocalypse. Jean and Scott where just the parental DNA donors. Never mind the fact both had done a lot of heroic work on their own, and Jean as plain Jean and as Phoenix had saved the world multiple times.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

What?!? How could you not love "Strength: Class 75", Hank?
    the version I first saw is the look from the 90's. Who h is why I prefer it
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 10-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That. And the book is about Jeen coming to grips with who she is, who her adult self was, and the potential destiny that awaits her. Not Rachel. The editors made it clear from the beginning (when they first brought the O5 back) they didn't want Jeen to have relationships with her "family" (i.e. Rachel and Cable) as they didn't want the character bogged down with old "baggage". And Rachel's relationship with the Phoenix is the exact opposite of the narrative they have been pushing since AvX, so they won't highlight that either. I'd rather see adult Jean interact with Ray at this point since the teenage one isn't interested, and it's not a story Marvel wants to engage with. Ray will appear in the January JG issue in prison with the other hosts, which sounds to be a good issue.
    Only Marvel would refer to a character's daughter as baggage. So Jeen want's to understand her adult self but thinks she can do that while avoiding her immediate family, and this makes sense to someone? Marvel's idea of storytelling is completely morally bankrupt at this point.