Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    There should be no good reason why Rachel isn't as powerful as Jeen who has dropped Gladiator and a number of Imperial Guardsmen, solo.
    Don't forgot one punching Galactus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Don't forgot one punching Galactus.
    Jean, and Rachel has "One-Shotted" Galactus -- please, post said pic/frame you refer to... Thanks

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Seeing cat Beast made me feel a bit nostalgic for the Morrison run, a sentiment that I have not felt until recent years.

Jean, and Rachel has "One-Shotted" Galactus -- please, post said pic/frame you refer to... Thanks
    He was talking about Jeen. When you mentioned Jeen being powerful enough to take on Gladiator and some of the Imperial Guard, he was reminding you to not forget when Jeen blasted Galactus in the Generations: Phoenix book as another example of how powerful she is.

BANNED

Ah, thanks... Sadly, I found Generations a great big disappointment over all... What was it again that Generations: Phoenix accomplish canonically?

BANNED

generations wasn't canon. kobik took them all into a fantasy construct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Ah... So, I can ignore it, huh?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No, it's canon - just not for the old Phoenix of the 1970's. It's still canon for teen Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah. Carol Danvers was in two of them. She remembers her adventure with Mar-Vell, but won't remember meeting Kamala (either as Ms. Marvel or the intern at the magazine) early in her career.

Ah, thanks... Sadly, I found Generations a great big disappointment over all... What was it again that Generations: Phoenix accomplish canonically?
    How was it a "disappointment" to you, please? How could it have been improved?

Are we absolutely sure of this? I remember in the Captains America one, it had been established that Sam Wilson's alter ego didn't exist in the record books. But that doesn't mean that all the others' were "fake realities". And do we know why Kobik did this to these particular individuals?

Perhaps. But, I seriously doubt it. Not only was it a fun, enjoyable story - except where Teen Jean chickened out at the end; but it may have been a test attempt to see how an adult Phoenix story would fly with the fans.

We shall soon see.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    No, it's canon - just not for the old Phoenix of the 1970's. It's still canon for teen Jean.
    Maybe for the "old" Phoenix, too? Especially considering all the massive reality warps that have gone down lately ...

I had only bought the Generations: Phoenix, and the Generations: Captain Americas - just to get the last 4 pages where the Generations crew were sharing notes after returning from their trips. What were the conclusions of the other issues, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Carol Danvers was in two of them. She remembers her adventure with Mar-Vell, but won't remember meeting Kamala (either as Ms. Marvel or the intern at the magazine) early in her career.
    So, the senior incarnation doen't remember meeting their younger counterparts/successors? But the successors remember meeting them? Something tells me that, at least ONE predecessor remembers those experiences ...
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 10-22-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error

The Watcher wouldn't have come if the choice that Jeen had to do wasn't important and counting.

BANNED

Apparently, I have to read Generations: Phoenix again... Still, if this has all been a Kobik reality tantrum -- why should it have long term effects on only a few select people?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    The Watcher wouldn't have come if the choice that Jeen had to do wasn't important and counting.
    Indeed! Still, I wonder if that was really The Watcher? Or, just another part of the simulation?

Apparently, I have to read Generations: Phoenix again... Still, if this has all been a Kobik reality tantrum -- why should it have long term effects on only a few select people?
    Probably because these were the last victims of a massive reality warp done by a former hero who has been "Dark Phoenixed" himself?

Speaking of which, I find it suspicious that apparently for the most part, reality in the MU has been restored, with a few obvious exceptions. But, what if something far bigger was going on in the background, which no one knew about?

Yet, that is ...

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I agree, if it wasn't the real adult Jean/Phoenix then why would the Watcher intervene and give Teen Jean the choice to change history or not?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    He was talking about Jeen. When you mentioned Jeen being powerful enough to take on Gladiator and some of the Imperial Guard, he was reminding you to not forget when Jeen blasted Galactus in the Generations: Phoenix book as another example of how powerful she is.
    Too bad Galactus didn't have a pebble handy to throw at Jeen. That's apparently her one weakness.