View Poll Results: Is Blink Being Over-Sexualized in CABLE?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this outfit choice is inappropriate for the character. She needs a re-design.

63 63.00%
  • No, I think she looks fine the way she is.

28 28.00%
  • It's not our place to say either way.

9 9.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

blink is literally pushing her chest out at whatever they are all staring at. it is obscene on its face, with or without male objectivity and artistic virility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine doesn't need to be naked in these panels, but he is. You can also make an argument he's being objectified in these panels which clearly show Kitty and Jubilee being "marveled" at his suggested large penis. It's especially bad since those are suppose to be his daughter figures... smh Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jean objectifying Gambit.

I can think of several more and it's not as far and between as some would believe.
    Yeah, ok, but both those examples are obviously jokes, situation comedy. The Cable cover isn't a parody, it's (supposed to be) serious.

Ehh... Hello

Her boobs looks the same here, but different costume.

+ nobody say nothing about this one.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Pretty clickbaity, getting attention off the work of an artist putting his dues in on a new series. I mean it's really not a hill worth dying on. This one low cut, heavily styled outfit for a minor character. I don't remember outrage when selene wore worse, especially under Clayton Crain. It's really not worth harassing a guy trying to just do his work. The issue out now has some dynamite expression work.

Let the man live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Pretty clickbaity, getting attention off the work of an artist putting his dues in on a new series. I mean it's really not a hill worth dying on. This one low cut, heavily styled outfit for a minor character. It's really not worth harassing a guy trying to just do his work. The issue out now has some dynamite expression work.
    [/img]

Let the man live.
    who do you imagine is "dying" on this hill in this case? the blink fans or the artist?

BANNED

Malin dealt with his detractors well by not giving them an inch. The outfit is perfectly fine, and so are the big tits.

Ugh, Malin... He's talking about how men's bodies are "disrespected" in comics. I 100% agree. Look at these sexualized male characters.
    IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1277.JPG

I mean, if he really wants to prove that males are just as sexualized, he can always just have Cable showing his chest too!

BANNED

She looks ridiculous, but I don't see anything wrong. No different than the Emma and Magik redesigns from a few years ago.

That panel of Jean talking about Gambit is literally just that, her talking about him, while he's just running around in his regular costume. I don't see how characters themselves talking about another character's attractiveness has anything to do with what we're discussing here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Ugh, Malin... He's talking about how men's bodies are "disrespected" in comics. I 100% agree. Look at these sexualized male characters.
    IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1277.JPG
    How many men do you know who have the physical build of any of those characters? Even the 'thin' ones like Cyclops and Spidey are extremely buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    How many men do you know who have the physical build of any of those characters? Even the 'thin' ones like Cyclops and Spidey are extremely buff.
    There's a difference between the male power fantasy and sexualization.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    They're superheroes, all of them are in shape, men and women. But their physical condition is different from what they're wearing to display or not display that physical condition. If the argument is that the men are sexualized by being buff, then the women get that same point, they usually have curvy bodies too. Difference is that the women have costumes that show off more skin, and the men don't.

kind of reminds me of the frank cho vs spider-woman days

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    who do you imagine is "dying" on this hill in this case? the blink fans or the artist?
    Whoever is publishing several articles on this one cover specifically (no mention of the rad cover already out on the published #150) or using their Twitter account to insist that Jon Malin is putting a misogynistic bent into a genre that features worse examples (that are still pg 13). Funny enough I saw that someone linked to a BC solicitations page for what looks like an entire line of comics much too racy for mainstream sites.