View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Emma EVER get back together?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 27.48%
  • No

77 58.78%
  • It depends

18 13.74%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How the hell Scott and Emma cheating is humiliating to Jean? That's humiliating to Scott and Emma. That of all the things they've been through, that instance is what is referenced the most. Here's an idea. How about sometimes mention that Jean also went to Logan and kissed him and would've done way more if he hadn't refused her? That would be humiliating for her. But of course, it's never mentioned. Why? Because... I'll leave it at that.
    Humiliating to her fans maybe? I dunno.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think there is anything real to Scott and emma
    Funny you should say that. Because IRL I know quite a few couples like that. I just can't for the life of me figure out how they got together, or what makes their marriage work. But work it does. For them. It's not something that anyone outside of the relationship can see, but whatever that attraction/bond/force/dynamic is, it's everything to them. That is how I see Scott and Emma. People see them and go, "WTF?!?" But they see each other and it's, "Oh God, yes, yes, yes!!!!"

Scott and Jean are just too scripted and overwrought for my liking. I'd like to see both Jean and Scott find lasting love in someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Funny you should say that. Because IRL I know quite a few couples like that. I just can't for the life of me figure out how they got together, or what makes their marriage work. But work it does. For them. It's not something that anyone outside of the relationship can see, but whatever that attraction/bond/force/dynamic is, it's everything to them. That is how I see Scott and Emma. People see them and go, "WTF?!?" But they see each other and it's, "Oh God, yes, yes, yes!!!!"

Scott and Jean are just too scripted and overwrought for my liking. I'd like to see both Jean and Scott find lasting love in someone else.
    I like your enthusiasm; personally, as with Jott, I would be more okay with the split if it had been handled better. I would like Scemma to happen again - but only if it's done better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Oh did those couples get together cause one party duped the other into thinking they were trying to help them when they were only interested in driving a wedge in between their supposed patient and the patients previous significant other so they could muscle in?

Geez man I know they are fictional but stay out of of other peoples lives. Who are you to tell these people who they can be happy with or not (Who am I for that matter but I degress). Scott and Jean could be the most boring couple on the face of the Earth, what it to you? Being boring works for some people especially costumed adventurers. Don't you think they get enough excitement out in the field to not want it at home too?
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 10-27-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Oh did those couples get together cause one party duped the other into thinking they were trying to help them when they were only interested in driving a wedge in between their supposed patient and the patients previous significant other so they could muscle in?

Geez man I know they are fictional but stay out of of other peoples lives. Who are you to tell these people who they can be happy with or not (Who am I for that matter but I degress). Scott and Jean could be the most boring couple on the face of the Earth, what it to you? Being boring works for some people especially costumed adventurers. Don't you think they get enough excitement out in the field to not want it at home too?

A certain fan base is always crying over something. The minute you do anything less than worship the ground their favs walks on, they start criticizing you. I don't think JudicatorPrime opinion is negative. He/She simply believe something different than you believe and I could be entirely wrong, but so could you.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

No! Emma trying to be...a nice housewife is the same thing with MJ trying to be Pepper Pots II.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    No! Emma trying to be...a nice housewife is the same thing with MJ trying to be Pepper Pots II.
    Scott could be a stay at home dad, and Emma could be a businesswoman? Their relationship isn't like Jott, Emma wouldn't be a simple housewife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Scott could be a stay at home dad, and Emma could be a businesswoman? Their relationship isn't like Jott, Emma wouldn't be a simple housewife.
    True at that. They were times that i could have sworn that i was seeing Shannon Tweed's new movie everytime i was seeing these two together.

What in Scott Summer's workaholic nature leads you to believe he'd be a good stay at home dad? You'd have to mind wammy him into it and since it goes against his very nature he'd fight against the wammy every step of the way leading to anger and resentment that you'd have to constantly edit out turning a once proud driven man into a hopeless shell of a human doormat.

BANNED

I voted... no. I like both characters, but I felt it never really... clicked. It was a well-written ship, for the most part, but... it always bugged me. I will say that during that period Cyke developed, but Emma... sorta. As someone who's a big fan of the "arrogant, bitchy, awesome and s/he knows it" trope, I didn't like the fact that she essentially turned into a love-sick puppy with "kinda bitchy but not really" lines and a "heart of gold". It was a bit too... Big 2-y. From my sig it's pretty evident what kind of characters I prefer (hint: grey morality at best), so I think there was a better way to develop Emma.

So, yeah, like I said, I voted no. She'd work better as field leader of her own team. As for ships, well...

spoilers:
    This will get me crucified here, but I still ship Emma & Tony. Too many similarities to ignore (especially if you consider her, now forgotten, electronics past), and I think it'd make forsome dang great story-telling, considering they're both Alphas. I'm not expecting anybody to agree, but... yeah.
    end of spoilers

Cyke could go for Frenzy. I liked that over at AoX, and I feel it's worth exploring.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 10-28-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    What in Scott Summer's workaholic nature leads you to believe he'd be a good stay at home dad? You'd have to mind wammy him into it and since it goes against his very nature he'd fight against the wammy every step of the way leading to anger and resentment that you'd have to constantly edit out turning a once proud driven man into a hopeless shell of a human doormat.
    He doesn't have to be a 100% only at home dad, but I think of the two, he's more likely than Emma to accept parenthood with open arms. Especially since he keeps being robbed of the opportunity. He accepts AU, alternate timeline children quite easily.Or maybe he's become used to it.

Astonishing Member

I always saw Emma as a businesswoman with a lot of maids

BANNED

Pepper Potts was always a fucking awful person. She improved in the 90s,but the fact that Bendis wrote this bullshit infuriates me to no end:

ShutthefuckupRee-Ree.jpg

Fuck Ree-Ree, Pepper, and Bendis...

Either way, yeah, agreed, Emma is most definitely NOT the stay at home type of person... And she really shouldn't be, that's not her character.

PS: Χαρούμενη 28η!

Riri is the worst. Second behind Bendis.

BANNED

Riri is the worst. Second behind Bendis.
    You got that right Old Boy, you got that right... First he kills off Rhodey, then he forgets Lila, then he character-assassinates Tony, then he gives him SHIELD Agent parents, then... Alright, I'm gonna stop here, because I could trash Bendis for hours, and this is not the thread to do it. But both Bendis and Ree-Ree belong in the trash...