Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    This needs to lead up to a wedding. Rogue needs to be off the market and have a kid already...with her TRUE love, Gambit.
    I would rather it lead to an ongoing rather than a wedding.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

This needs to lead up to a wedding. Rogue needs to be off the market and have a kid already...with her TRUE love, Gambit.
    Might be reaching there... juuust a bit. Baby steps.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Might be reaching there... juuust a bit. Baby steps.
    but why? They've had deep feelings for each other since the early 90's. Heck in real life people get hitched after a few months together.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I would rather it lead to an ongoing rather than a wedding.
    why not both? Uncanny was ongoing after Jean and Scott's hitchin'

(that's probably a bad example)

I doubt that any characters in any series are going to get married anytime soon. Weddings don't seem to be very popular with the executives. Though Colossus did just propose to Kitty.

I really really want them to be together again but I'm alright with them not getting married, baby steps!

Astonishing Member

Not popular is probably an understatement... just hearing about this title, I thought it had to be a trick, lol....

Well, I was 99% going to get this anyway, but now it's a 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Not popular is probably an understatement... just hearing about this title, I thought it had to be a trick, lol....

Well, I was 99% going to get this anyway, but now it's a 110%.
    I was right there with you for a while lol.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

but why? They've had deep feelings for each other since the early 90's. Heck in real life people get hitched after a few months together.
    why not both? Uncanny was ongoing after Jean and Scott's hitchin'

(that's probably a bad example)
    There's a difference between always loving someone, sharing a past with someone and being ready to commit to someone for the rest of your life. They're not exactly there, nor do I expect them to get there after 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There's a difference between always loving someone, sharing a past with someone and being ready to commit to someone for the rest of your life. They're not exactly there, nor do I expect them to get there after 5 issues.
    Yeah the last time one of them did that, one of them ended boning a senior citizen, somehow. A psychologist would say that person panicked and ran.
    Guild Member

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No kids please.
    X-Men Forever

I wonder why Kitty specifically assigned them this mission though

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Ok... We get it. All hope is lost with you. Dead horse bro.
    If anything is a dead horse it is the Rogue and Gambit relationship.

I don't think Rogue truly loves him in that way. That was made evidently clear in Legacy in my opinion. When all their problems and situations were resolved and laid bare to each other she choose Magneto and immediately jumped in bed with him over Gambit after Gambit said how much he loved her. All their pasts were dealt with, all their secrets were dealt with, all their family situations were dealt with, Rogue finally had full control over her powers, Gambit's Death persona was gone for good, and Gambit had just gone through the ringer to save Rogue and they both came out of it and in the end she didn't want to be with him. Not because she loved Magneto so much but once her powers and everything were fixed I think she realized she didn't want to be with Gambit and Magneto was also an escape from that. This has never been addressed in the comics since it happened too.

Also what made it worse was after Rogue dumped Gambit and picked Magneto to start dating him Gambit was forced to keep being in Legacy with her for some reason while Mags moved over to Uncanny where his new relationship with Rogue was ignored. So Gambit was stuck in Legacy when it made all the sense in the world for him to leave, but he only left the X-Men when Rogue left the X-Men to go join the Avengers. It made it seem like the only reason Gambit was in the X-Men was because of Rogue and it showed just how much his character had truly fallen off in terms of relevance and ties to other X-Men.

There, a post that isn't just me being sarcastic asshole, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I wonder why Kitty specifically assigned them this mission though
    If they are going undercover as a married or newlywed couple, their arguing will actually be real! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No kids please.
    Hey, it worked in Amazing Spiderman: Renew your vows!