Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Rogue truly loves him in that way. That was made evidently clear in Legacy in my opinion. When all their problems and situations were resolved and laid bare to each other she choose Magneto and immediately jumped in bed with him over Gambit after Gambit said how much he loved her. All their pasts were dealt with, all their secrets were dealt with, all their family situations were dealt with, Rogue finally had full control over her powers, Gambit's Death persona was gone for good, and Gambit had just gone through the ringer to save Rogue and they both came out of it and in the end she didn't want to be with him. Not because she loved Magneto so much but once her powers and everything were fixed I think she realized she didn't want to be with Gambit and Magneto was also an escape from that. This has never been addressed in the comics since it happened too.

Also what made it worse was after Rogue dumped Gambit and picked Magneto to start dating him Gambit was forced to keep being in Legacy with her for some reason while Mags moved over to Uncanny where his new relationship with Rogue was ignored. So Gambit was stuck in Legacy when it made all the sense in the world for him to leave, but he only left the X-Men when Rogue left the X-Men to go join the Avengers. It made it seem like the only reason Gambit was in the X-Men was because of Rogue and it showed just how much his character had truly fallen off in terms of relevance and ties to other X-Men.

There, a post that isn't just me being sarcastic asshole, lol.
    Are you suuuure that wasn't the result of Rogue simply being a trophy for the whoever is writing her and their favorite ...uhh, wet dream pairing? Seriously. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Are you suuuure that wasn't the result of Rogue simply being a trophy for the whoever is writing her and their favorite ...uhh, wet dream pairing? Seriously. Gross.
    Pretty much her situation right now in UA, she’s just being paired off with the writer’s favourite: first Duggan and Deadpool, and now Zub with Johnny Storm. This is just like Monet being paired off with any man on the team back in X-Factor and also Guggenheim’s creepy obsession with Kitty, projected through Piotr.

Astonishing Member

In this the spirit of debate, a) she was 'brainwashed' at that time (technically, Gambit was still somewhat 'brainwashed' too, that could explain some his 'off' behavior.). B) Deathbit wasn't gone for good, it wasn't gone at all, having only recently returned. C) Her family problems were pretty much the same as they always were.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Pretty much her situation right now in UA, she’s just being paired off with the writer’s favourite: first Duggan and Deadpool, and now Zub with Johnny Storm. This is just like Monet being paired off with any man on the team back in X-Factor and also Guggenheim’s creepy obsession with Kitty, projected through Piotr.
    Zub's faves are Rogue & QS. Just for clarification.

BANNED

Duggan actually put in a lot of effort with setting up Rogue and Deadpool and then immediately ended it.

Whether true or not, that's not the in story reason because you can't use the writer as an excuse for why a character does something in story. So in story, Badou's explanation is pretty much the canon. Rogue made her choice when there was nothing keeping them apart. That choice wasn't Gambit. Not sure a mini is long enough to suddenly make them a viable pair again. Of course, people in relationships forgive affairs and betrayals all the time so Gambit just letting that shit slide is not unbelievable. It's just not a Gambit I have much interest in reading because it just continues the current narrative of him being a chump when it comes to Rogue. The fact he can still be chasing her in Astonishing is just galling to me.
    Last edited by remydat; 10-20-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I would much rather them come out of this as fantastic friends with the deepest understanding of each other, rather than being a couple.

BANNED

Badou :
    I don't think Rogue truly loves him in that way. That was made evidently clear in Legacy in my opinion. When all their problems and situations were resolved and laid bare to each other she choose Magneto and immediately jumped in bed with him over Gambit after Gambit said how much he loved her. All their pasts were dealt with, all their secrets were dealt with, all their family situations were dealt with, Rogue finally had full control over her powers,
    Maybe all their problems were resolved off panel but they weren't resolved on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Duggan actually put in a lot of effort with setting up Rogue and Deadpool and then immediately ended it.
    Febuary 2017 - Marvel changed their strategy because of weak sales (Marvel Now 2.0). She was kicked from valentine Deadpool issue(she was in solicitations). Deadpool was turned evil and we had Legacy and Avengers No Surrender. That was editorial decision.

BANNED

Lol@this ridiculous narrative. Every time a writer brings up something Claremont started, he's magically demonized, Rogue is all of sudden not herself, and it's the writer's "favorite ". Long before Magneto was back in Legacy, this entire board claimed that Rogue and Gambit were Carey's favorites. Always moving the field goal posts. And just because they resolved all those silly 90s issues didn't mean she choose him over Magneto. Rogue has consistently, under famous x writers, chosen Magneto over Remy LeBeau. Even in two alternate realties. Should be no shock...he's a goofy liar who can't stay loyal for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Duggan has unlimited Deadpool issues to continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Lol@this ridiculous narrative. Every time a writer brings up something Claremont started, he's magically demonized, Rogue is all of sudden not herself, and it's the writer's "favorite ". Long before Magneto was back in Legacy, this entire board claimed that Rogue and Gambit were Carey's favorites. Always moving the field goal posts. And just because they resolved all those silly 90s issues didn't mean she choose him over Magneto. Rogue has consistently, under famous x writers, chosen Magneto over Remy LeBeau. Even in two alternate realties. Should be no shock...he's a goofy liar who can't stay loyal for nothing.
    It seems it is really hard for die hard AOA fan to see R&G book, LOL. Rogneto is ugly, canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Rogue truly loves him in that way. That was made evidently clear in Legacy in my opinion. When all their problems and situations were resolved and laid bare to each other she choose Magneto and immediately jumped in bed with him over Gambit after Gambit said how much he loved her. All their pasts were dealt with, all their secrets were dealt with, all their family situations were dealt with, Rogue finally had full control over her powers, Gambit's Death persona was gone for good, and Gambit had just gone through the ringer to save Rogue and they both came out of it and in the end she didn't want to be with him. Not because she loved Magneto so much but once her powers and everything were fixed I think she realized she didn't want to be with Gambit and Magneto was also an escape from that. This has never been addressed in the comics since it happened too.

Also what made it worse was after Rogue dumped Gambit and picked Magneto to start dating him Gambit was forced to keep being in Legacy with her for some reason while Mags moved over to Uncanny where his new relationship with Rogue was ignored. So Gambit was stuck in Legacy when it made all the sense in the world for him to leave, but he only left the X-Men when Rogue left the X-Men to go join the Avengers. It made it seem like the only reason Gambit was in the X-Men was because of Rogue and it showed just how much his character had truly fallen off in terms of relevance and ties to other X-Men.

There, a post that isn't just me being sarcastic asshole, lol.
    Ignore the relationship? or rather Rogue put an end to that absurdity, Rogue was the one who decided not to stay with the mutant groupwith Cyclops ( and old Mags ), and decided to move away from magneto, barely shared bed, Rogue ended his "relationship" with MAgs XD. Besides that Rogue was briefly with the genocide, it did not feel natural or real, but when she was infected by the memories of Ageof X, so that as much value does not have.

I also remember perfectly a Magneto humbling kneeling before Rogue, in a subterraneous and Rogue saying lord. And finally rejecting it as well.

I think that was the sweetest thing that was seen in XML, Rogue regaining sanity and ending with an old genocide, that in the first place that relationship should never be given.

But fortunately she entered the path of sanity.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 10-21-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Nope. Same issue. She gets both bumped off a cliff into the lake AND a charged up pie to the face. Good times!

Attachment 56612

Attachment 56613
    Cool. Forgot that part that issue and issue 5 when Gambit picks Rogue up for their date are some of my favorite X-men issues ever.

Astonishing Member

Lol, at the trying to claim 'Claremont'. Claremont flat out said in interviews, that he wasn't trying to start something with magneto/rogue. That was not his 'fault.'

Those 'early' Xmen issues were fun, even the infamous boysenberry pie incident...

BANNED

I just want to see them whoop ass and have fun together.

I can see Rogue not wanting to deal with more Gambit crap, but Remy can be good and keep himself out of trouble these days. Maybe. Lol