This was a good start to a new series, so plaudits to Bendis as I was feeling this could be a no show. What’s going to happen? Stark comes back! Wow. Big surprise, yes? But it was more than that. Bendis put together Iron Heart and the Infamous Iron Man, Doom, in one book. Now we get two stories for the price of one and it still follows Dooms intention to remain a good guy. I thought we might lose that Fantastic Four connection with Ben Grimm and Doom as the only ones remaining from the FF. What we did get is a huge picture of the original FF as a display at the Stark expo, so Bendis did like to keep that connection going in this story.

Spoilers

Nothing much happens besides what Bendis has been doing all along, and that is the tension between the Stark company women and Mr Lynch, Chairman of the Board, who just fired all the women. But the real interesting thing about this is that hand touching Starks coma casket in the first page. Now who could that be? The Rykers Island villain escape is another phenomenon we aren’t going to be used to soon, now that SHIELD doesn’t exist anymore, so prison security is so bad they can’t hold super villains now without SHIELD to help? Really?

End of Spoilers

I imagine the guy who scrambled out of the closet at the end will be Tony, but I think he’ll be the one with the shrapnel still lodged in his heart, and that’s why he was so relieved to put on the armour. He is going to hunt down the criminals that escaped, to my mind.