Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    YUP! The only part of their histories I would like to see resolved or clarified is

Sub-Inhuman groups like Bird People. How did they come about? How did they get their floating island, etc.

Possible historic/ancient connections to Eternals or Deviants?

Do we really know for sure that "mutant x-genes and Inhuman genes" cancel each other out - or what are the possible variations that could occur?

The Externals? Said to be Mutants who live forever or very, very long. Selene, etc. What is that true low-down? Are their gene/mixing from other off races; Eternals, Deviants, etc.

Just for starters.
    The flyer Inhumans history was told in an annual in the 60s. Bringing them back would be cool.

They don't cancel each other out, in Extraordinary X-Men (cringe) Mr Sinister made a Inhuman Mutant hybrid clone of Cyclops.

It is an "un-acknowledged" back story of sorts (though I recall something from an old, old Marvel Handbook listing)

The Inhumans did not really have to worry about intrusion or their hidden city until the 20th century when it became far easier for them to be 'found'.

So the Inhumans of recent years live in a society where the threat of discovery is now new or newer than it may have been for hundreds, thousands of years.

So they are rediscovering themselves in this process and possibly trying and trying various strategies to adapt and/or respond to what is happening.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Possible historic/ancient connections to Eternals or Deviants?
    Connection in origins? Is this even relevant anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    A single title would leave too much ground uncovered, a book for the royal Inhumans and a book for the Nuhumans would be fine.
    I don't think there's that much demand for it though, which has been part of the problem since the relaunch. The Inhumans aren't at the level yet where they can be supporting all these titles. Start small, and then build from there.

After Wanda and Pietro were retconned to be non-mutants, but I guess sorta similar, my own fanfic is that High Evolutionary probably had some marker or gene-thing that prevents traits or genes from being inherited? Since Wanda's births were magical they are out of that situation.

I think it generally makes more sense that they don't cancel each other out. All human genes may bear markers, codes from their original modifications with Celestials, which opened up the possibilities for future mutations and/or future experimentation (Kree)

Why not. Earth is a small planet that has had thousands of year of various alien races coming here to much around. Malestrom, is an INhuman/Deviant offspring (unless that's been retconned).

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think there's that much demand for it though, which has been part of the problem since the relaunch. The Inhumans aren't at the level yet where they can be supporting all these titles. Start small, and then build from there.
    Because they're two seperate elements of the franchise, it's not like X-Men where everyones an X-Man and you can just swap them out.

There are clear differences between the Inhumans from Attilan/other cities and the Nuhumans. They also have rather clear differences in demographic, since the nuhumans would be the ms marvel, moon girl, AOS type demo and the royals are for the old timey fans.

Consolidating the franchise down to one single book just wouldn't work, and would do a disservice to the franchise imho.

Because they're two seperate elements of the franchise, it's not like X-Men where everyones an X-Man and you can just swap them out.

There are clear differences between the Inhumans from Attilan/other cities and the Nuhumans. They also have rather clear differences in demographic, since the nuhumans would be the ms marvel, moon girl, AOS type demo and the royals are for the old timey fans.

Consolidating the franchise down to one single book just wouldn't work, and would do a disservice to the franchise imho.
    Ms. Marvel could also delve into this subject in her own series. It would even fit in with the "community" theme of her title.
    Last edited by Skedatz; 10-19-2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

have some super powerful Inhuman wake up from the weird dream he was having that he was manifesting on the world and everything resets to what it was from their original concept.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Why not have them simply accept their past history and grow from that? Don't turn them into Ben Affleck. Don't try to hide it or suppress knowledge of it. Instead, through their current and future actions, live to make a better day. A better world. That's all that they really can do. Well, they could revert to their bass-ackwards ways, but you did say that you wanted to improve the Inhumans.

Yes, but like I've said the problem is there doesn't appear to be enough demand to justify that. If the actual well known Inhumans like Black Bolt and Medusa are barely enough of a draw to keep a book from cancellation, I can't see how there'd be enough interest in characters like Flint, Iso or Reader to continue trying to give them their own title. If need be you can still focus on what it's like to be a man on the street Inhuman in something like Ms. Marvel or Moon Girl.

Priest has written the royal family in an entertaining fashion.

I say than Priest is doing a good job right now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

just my opinion but I think the problem started with that canceled Fraction story. I don't know if they got cold feet or what. but they should have, either, stopped him before he killed Karnak or let him finish telling his story. and I don't think the T-Mist spreading everywhere helped the concept of the Inhumans. the royal family were marketable; as a unit or as solo characters. they needed to be explored, further (as Karnak has now been explored). instead, they tried to mimi the mutants. and that was never going to work because there aren't that many Claremonts running around. instead of Storm, we got a bunch of D-list new Inhumans. and there was seemingly no concern for redundancy; Toro, Human Torch, and Inferno?!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm probably not going to be a huge help here because I think some of the more problematic aspects make them interesting. One way to do it is the way the show does it - it's done out of necessity due to lack of resources and they don't have an explicit slave race (just very strict limits on jobs).

One idea I had, which isn't necessarily a change, but would be a different spin is to bring in Hindu philosophy as a metaphor. In Hinduism, the idea that mankind was created from the body of one being. That being was split into four parts. His mouth became the Brahmans (priests), the arms became the Kshatriya (warriors/rulers), the thighs became the Vaishya (merchants), and the feet became the Shudra (servants). The interesting thing is the first three castes were called "twice born." The fourth caste (the Shudra) served the twice born.

To me, that fits very easily with the Inhumans. Those who go through Terrigenesis and get useful powers because of it are "twice born." The difference is it's more egalitarian. It's done (in theory) by useful skills they bring and not their place of birth. I would make the four castes "Scientists," "Warriors," "Craftsmen," and "Laborers" with the Laborers either being just unpowered individuals or Alpha Primitives. Giving it more of a philosophical bent with clear analogies to Eastern Religion would make it more interesting. It helps soften the ugly aspects of it without compromising on what makes them interesting.

Just imo.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?