Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Just make them the villains of your story. No fixing required.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Thank you, but I'm not gonna do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Ms. Marvel could also delve into this subject in her own series. It would even fit in with the "community" theme of her title.
    Given Wilson's propensity to use analogs as representations to real life events, I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. There was that recent arc of Ms. Marvel, Mecca, that had stuff involving Nuhumans and the ongoing gentrification conflict in Jersey City, but that was it.

Are we talking about the TV Show? The answer to that is simple.

Stop trying to make them the X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Are we talking about the TV Show? The answer to that is simple.

Stop trying to make them the X-Men.
    I was referring to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    I was referring to the comics.

Cancel the TV Show, Give them an MCU movie and cast Vin Diesel as Black Bolt and Charlize Theron as Medusa.

Channel so much attention with the movie, that more people want to buy the comics and then take advantage of the new attention to it by writing better stories.

Dangnabit, I would like at least ONE Inhuman thread where there's no needless pissing contests between Inhumans and X-Men, if you don't mind.

I agree with keeping the bad parts and either having them move past it through character development or dig into why things are the way are. Tbh a caste system would be an ideal way to deal with a society where everyone can be described as "each individual is their own species".

You can dig into the culture clash the nuhumans would feel being inducted into inhuman society. You could focus on different groups trying to recruit them to their sides like what happened in the main inhuman book before the uncanny relaunch.

The inhumans could be trusted by the humans but they should never fully trusted.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-19-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Dangnabit, I would like at least ONE Inhuman thread where there's no needless pissing contests between Inhumans and X-Men, if you don't mind.
    You KNEW that wasn't going to happen. Bitter fans are just that bitter fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    How about no. Also, they were never X-men subsitutes, the X-men are still around no need to be paranoid and threatened by the Inhumans.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 10-20-2017 at 05:48 AM.

With the royal family there is the concern of the characters being inaccessible to the audience so there are a few ways to deal with that.

You have another character be the focus and keep the royal family in the background. It could be outside the family like the Agents of SHIELD team or the FF. It could be Crystal because she's the youngest and most likely to desire change.

Uncanny Inhumans worked because Black Bolt loved ahura but couldn't choose him over his duties as king and it cost him dearly. That gave him a strong internal conflict and made him relatable as a character. Finding a similar throughline with the other characters (it's in the comics) could help make them accessible. Thor's the god of thunder but we can relate to him because he is just a son trying to deal with his father.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    just my opinion but I think the problem started with that canceled Fraction story. I don't know if they got cold feet or what. but they should have, either, stopped him before he killed Karnak or let him finish telling his story. and I don't think the T-Mist spreading everywhere helped the concept of the Inhumans. the royal family were marketable; as a unit or as solo characters. they needed to be explored, further (as Karnak has now been explored). instead, they tried to mimi the mutants. and that was never going to work because there aren't that many Claremonts running around. instead of Storm, we got a bunch of D-list new Inhumans. and there was seemingly no concern for redundancy; Toro, Human Torch, and Inferno?!
    The Fraction Inhuman run was pretty far along, like a whole arc or two. It'll probably never see the light of day.

One of the annoying things about the Soule run is it retconned the mists from Infinity, in Infinity the mists go world wide instantly and then seem to fade into the atmosphere. It doesn't become some rolling cloud mass, which is what Soule retconned it into.

Someone needs to find and befriend Fraction, ply him with booze and get him to share all the details of the cancelled Inhumans run.

Niffleheim

It was Hickman who actually made the mist into a permanent thing by having Maximus and BB create a bomb that would map Terrigen into Nitrogen. I'm glad Fraction never wrote anything more than he had for the Inhumans wasn't he responsible for writing Karnak's suicide?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sub-Inhuman groups like Bird People. How did they come about? How did they get their floating island, etc.
    There have been a few other 'repeat offenders' as well. Multiple plant/tree Inhumans (Timberius, Rootar?), at least three 'centaurs' (Stallior, Chiron and his brother), so I suspect that there's some manner by which someone can 'target' Terregenesis, so that a bird-people mommy and a bird-people daddy can have bird-people kids, and not spin-the-wheel-and-hope-for-the-best. That sort of selected options would *seem* to fly against the whole religious/spiritual aspect of Terregenesis, where one is supposed to sort of surrender to the process, and not try to make entire sub-races of bird people and centaur people and tree people.

Perhaps this sort of thing, which would have happened primarily pre-Black Bolt, would have been one of the sketchy/dubious practices of the Unspoken, that led to a number of people supporting Black Bolt's coup?

If Black Bolt was promising a return to 'traditional values' or a more fair and equitable system, where everyone, no matter how in favor with the king, had to take their chances at the Terregenesis lottery, and not get to custom-design their kids, I could see a motley crew of both religious traditionalists and more 'we want a fair process' types uniting to want to see the Unspoken ousted.

Do we really know for sure that "mutant x-genes and Inhuman genes" cancel each other out - or what are the possible variations that could occur?
    That was canon, back in the day, but who knows, these days.

Back in the '80s, in Days of Future Past, the Sentinels had divided humanity up into mutants, latents with the potential to become mutants (so if a radioactive spider bit them, or they were exposed to cosmic rays or gamma rays or whatever, they'd 'mutate' and gain super-powers) and 'pure' humans (who, for whatever reason, utterly lacked the potential for mutation that the Celestials had engineered into proto-humanity, making these 'pure' people the rare individuals who, if exposed to gamma rays or cosmic rays or bitten by a radioactive spider, would lose their hair, crap out their guts and die a horrible death, and not gain super-powers...). It was *implied* that even a latent or a mutant got *one* of these things, and so there wouldn't be Spider-Hulks, or Mutants who were exposed to Cosmic Rays and became Fantastic Mutants, or Inhumans modified by the Super-Soldier formula, or any other crossing of the 'origin story' streams.

But that was decades ago, and there have been all sorts of weird hybrids since them, such as Maelstrom, who, IIRC, was a mutant Inhuman/Deviant hybrid, or the more recent 'American Kaiju' who gets his powers from a 'witches brew' of Super-Soldier formula, Gamma radiation, etc.

I prefer the 80s 'canon,' but it's a ship that's sailed, hit an iceberg and sank to the bottom of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm probably not going to be a huge help here because I think some of the more problematic aspects make them interesting. One way to do it is the way the show does it - it's done out of necessity due to lack of resources and they don't have an explicit slave race (just very strict limits on jobs).
    I'm of the same opinion. I want them to be 'problematic.' It's what makes them interesting, like an *alien culture* should be. It also helps to differentiate them from mutants, which, IMO, is a good thing. We already have mutants. We don't need inhumans to be a metaphor for them.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-20-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    It was Hickman who actually made the mist into a permanent thing by having Maximus and BB create a bomb that would map Terrigen into Nitrogen. I'm glad Fraction never wrote anything more than he had for the Inhumans wasn't he responsible for writing Karnak's suicide?
    Under Hickman the mists were released then faded into the atmosphere. They weren't consolidated into roaming clouds. They just became diluted into the ecosystem making anyone who could go through terrigenesis, go through terrigenesis all at once.

This was retconned by Soule/Marvel but in Infinity, it's pretty obvious this was how it was.