View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Sue Storm has a mini now and it disproves the notion that she's too attached to her family to work as a solo hero. Which was a common notion in this thread and others.

Sue's current book proves that Reed and the kids don't need to show up and that she can work by herself with no problem. It doesn't feel like something is missing and no one is calling for the other members to show up.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Amazon

by Jcabi

Nubia

Wonder Woman's twin sister

Storm and Wonder Woman

Friends

If Marvel can have more than one top Male character, they can can have more than one top Female character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If Marvel can have more than one top Male character, they can can have more than one top Female character.
    Agreed, but it would be nice if they had least had one or two super strong female characters who didn't owe their origins to a male character (Carol) or were some outdated, misinterpretation of feminism (Thundera).

I mean, God damn, 30 plus years we've been waiting now!

BANNED

Look at my girl shining like the bright lady she is. BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue Storm has a mini now and it disproves the notion that she's too attached to her family to work as a solo hero. Which was a common notion in this thread and others.

Sue's current book proves that Reed and the kids don't need to show up and that she can work by herself with no problem. It doesn't feel like something is missing and no one is calling for the other members to show up.
    Yeah! I voted for Sue way back when and now that her solo is out and so damn good I double-down on my choice. Invisible Woman all the way!!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Marvel beats DC at a LOT of things a LOT of the time.

But, one area that Marvel falls far, far short of DC is their support and promotion of an alpha female superhero. One who has her own independent support cast, rogues gallery and locales.

Granted, DC only has one of these themselves, but 1 is infinitely better and greater than 0, which is what Marvel has.

So, let's clarify things for them: who SHOULD, iyho, be supported and promoted as an alpha-tier superhero from their female ranks?

Head to the poll and vote!

Edit: sorry for the delay with the poll. And sorry if I missed anyone obvious, I'm not as familiar with Marvel as I am with DC.
    I think the thing is that Wonder Woman was popularized during a time in 1942 when there really weren't that many popular superheroines in comic books, and I think it was also such a distinction made known to many reading All-Star Comics #8, which featured already popular male heroes such as the Flash and Green Lantern, that contributed quite a bit to the popularity she was gaining. Marvel could have done something similar with Miss America and her solo series, but that had ended up going more of a romance route than a superhero one.

At any rate, Wonder Woman is published in quite a different comic industry now than how it was in the 1940s, because as popular as she still is, she's not as unique anymore in terms of being the only popular woman published by DC. I think it was in the 1990s and 2000s that we started seeing considerably more women at DC getting their own solo series that each lasted for quite a number of issues, and I think a similar statement could be made for Marvel as well.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-16-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yeah! I voted for Sue way back when and now that her solo is out and so damn good I double-down on my choice. Invisible Woman all the way!!!!
    I personally don't need or want her to be the "queen" of Marvel, but I want her to get more attention and a push. The mini and cameos in other books proves that she doesn't need to be attached at the hip to Reed and the team. She can and should have her own stories.

I hope this won't be her last book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    This shouldn't even be a topic, no offense. It should just be whoever sells like it, a character who could stand on their own without any backing from other characters.

I'd honestly give Marvel time to figure that out themselves. Arguably Harley has that role currently alongside Diana.
    This...x 1000. But it goes back to the creative team. The right writer with the right artist can make a character the hottest property. But take away one of those and the book fails.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    She-Hulk doesn't have the same level of respect or pop culture awareness as Wonder Woman; pop culture status definitely effects whether a character is iconic or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I've never considered She-Hulk to be obscure. what, in your opinion, would be a sign of mainstreamness?

off the top of my head, i can think of 4 actresses who have publically stated that they want to play her and a couple of directors interested in her.
    I have no worries at the moment regarding the actress for the role or the director for the Disney+ show but I am highly concerned regarding the show's writer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjwQfDoWxeI