View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 16andCanadian View Post
    Rogue is a better Wonder Woman option than any of these guys on the list. She was basically the second or third biggest X-girl behind Storm and Jean.
    I agree. Leaving her off as an option was wierd. She is more popular and powerful than many on the list. Also she has lead both X-Men and Avenger squads.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    though I have no interest in the character I think she is fine and wouldn't be opposed to her being the face of marvel. however, i think what is annoying is this push to make her marvels wonder woman and it seems forced. i feel if they are going to do it for her, do it for other characters as well and let the fans drive who ends on top.
    My personal problem with Carol's push is that she's the only one getting such a push. I have no problem with marvel wanting her to be their female lead, I just think they should at least push other female characters too. There are many great female characters who could use a push like Carols, especially team based heroes, the push may not result in them being Marvel's female lead but it may make them great solo characters.

Also, I agree with others that Rogue should've been on this list, but I also understand that there is a limit of only 15 options and sometimes you forget a character or two.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-22-2017 at 04:12 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Lol @ this even being a question. http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=4046...e-her-the-most

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    But her power is sexual assault
    Her power really isn't. She seems to have more depth and agency than either Storm or Carol. With better stories to boot. It really sucks no one has done anything interesting with Storm since she actually was my favourite X-woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Oh, please . . . that's one person's opinion who wasn't even a major policy maker at Marvel. Just because that was what Cockrum said about when he was involved in Storm's creation back before many people here were even born doesn't mean that she's the DEFINITIVE Marvel female character.
    (Hell, aside from Storm's appearances in X-Men, Dazzler, Squirrel Girl, Patsy Walker, and Moon Girl have been more successful with solo titles!)

..........Wow!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, please . . . that's one person's opinion who wasn't even a major policy maker at Marvel. Just because that was what Cockrum said about when he was involved in Storm's creation back before many people here were even born doesn't mean that she's the DEFINITIVE Marvel female character.
    (Hell, aside from Storm's appearances in X-Men, Dazzler, Squirrel Girl, Patsy Walker, and Moon Girl have been more successful with solo titles!)
    Lmao you seem so angry that her creator envisioned for to be the most powerful and beautiful WOMAN in ALL of comics. It's pretty much written into her comic DNA. I'm sure that the writer that's responsible for the bulk of her history didn't help your inferiority complex when I comes to Storm. Seeing as he gave her a track record that your fave couldn't measure up to even if she got 50+ years of a comic to her name. At the end of the day, take shots at Storm not being able to sustain a solo. Ok, and? How does that change the fact that your favorite Marvel female hero can't hold a candle to her history or accolades? It doesn't. It just further proves that you're in your feelings about being a fan of a basic bitch that can't stand next to Storm with their resumes side by side and not seem terribly outmatched. It's ok tho.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Invisible Woman for me.

Imagine if there were a male character (I'll call him Scoundrel) whose powers required him to kiss people.

Ultimate Member

Imagine if there were a male character (I'll call him Scoundrel) whose powers required him to kiss people.
    Scoundrel is a great name for a gender-flipped Rogue. Points for that.

His first choice, 'the Creeper,' was, oddly enough, already taken...

BANNED

Rogue's powers require her to kiss people?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Rogue's powers require her to kiss people?
    You're making my case, for me. It was a choice on her part.

Eh, I guess (?) you could make a case that Rogue commits sexual assault/harrassment everytime she kisses someone without their consent but technically heroes break all sorts of laws just being heroes. Violence, property damage, getting away with murder and genocide, etc..

As long as she's not randomly kissing people in the street (lol Bishop), I don't think you can say her choosing to steal powers through a kiss as opposed to a hold or punch (because it's more fun for her) on the battlefield is sexual assault.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-22-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Niffleheim

If you view Rogue's power as a sexual assault i wonder what you would think of a telepath's power?

I would support Storm over Carl Manvers anyday... :-p