View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel (aka their Wonder Woman)?

Marvel beats DC at a LOT of things a LOT of the time.

But, one area that Marvel falls far, far short of DC is their support and promotion of an alpha female superhero. One who has her own independent support cast, rogues gallery and locales.

Granted, DC only has one of these themselves, but 1 is infinitely better and greater than 0, which is what Marvel has.

So, let's clarify things for them: who SHOULD, iyho, be supported and promoted as an alpha-tier superhero from their female ranks?

Head to the poll and vote!

Edit: sorry for the delay with the poll. And sorry if I missed anyone obvious, I'm not as familiar with Marvel as I am with DC.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-19-2017 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

This shouldn't even be a topic, no offense. It should just be whoever sells like it, a character who could stand on their own without any backing from other characters.

I'd honestly give Marvel time to figure that out themselves. Arguably Harley has that role currently alongside Diana.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well they keep trying to make Carol happen, but no one really cares.

I'd still contend it's Rogue.

Looks like Marvel is content with the concept of, "Front and center kick-ass female" belonging to Carol. Probably have to give it another five years or so before people are either happy/whatever about it or Marvel changes their mind.

Wait. What poll?

I would laugh so hard if all the ones that are obvious like Storm, Sue, Black Widow, or even MJ are passed over in favor of somebody completely unexpected.

Have Squirrel Girl take that honor.

Niffleheim

They have the Alpha Female Fascist down thou nobody is going to take that away from Marvel.

I voted Storm, with the caveat that she be departed from the X-Men and Wolverine and Black Panther.

Give her her own supporting cast, rogues, romantic interests and locales that are hers and hers alone.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-19-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Given the Fantastic Four are the first of the modern Marvels I've always figured it'd be Sue's spot if they ever took the idea seriously.

But at the moment Carol is probably the closest in use and front and centerness.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

While I don't always approve of her personal morals, I think Jessica Jones deserves to be at least towards the top. Her story is a great tale of survival, redemption, and humanity.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Given the Fantastic Four are the first of the modern Marvels I've always figured it'd be Sue's spot if they ever took the idea seriously.

But at the moment Carol is probably the closest in use and front and centerness.
    I voted for Sue but in many ways being in the FF is like an anchor around her neck. She Hulk has had the most success with solo titles until recently. I think that's because of the creative choices they've made in writer/artist assignments. It would be fun if she were the Queen of Marvel but I think her power set is a bit limited.

I think Medusa and maybe Gamora should have been on the poll, though I do realize you're limited to fifteen options.
    (By the way, I voted for Invisible Woman).

Incredible Member

I voted other because Marvel will probably never have a female character like Wonder Woman. They will always have many popular female characters but I don't think there is going to be an "alpha" character.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Voted for She-Hulk, obvious bias aside, Jen has the most solo issues of any Marvel superheroine. She is chosen to lead most of the female only super teams. She has brains and brawn leading to a variety of story possibilities from courtroom to even the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe. While her powers are from Bruce, it was her decision to take a stand against Trask and his gang that caused her bullet wound, leading Bruce to react as he did. She-Hulk has mad many connections all throughout the marvel universe from being on teams such as the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Heroes for Hire, A-Force etc. as well as doing legal work for Superheroes such as Steve Rodgers, Charles Xavier, Medusa, etc. With She-Hulk comes several firsts for the Marvel universe such as 1st female character to just have physical powers, 1st character to break the 4th wall, She-Hulk also broke the mold for body types having a muscular frame standing at a minimun of 6'7" and 650 lbs which increases with her anger etc.

Honestly, I am surprised by my own vote. I voted for Jessica Jones. She is not my favorite character. Even I dislike a lot of Bendis works, but I admit than Jessica Jones is an excellent character and represents the best the spirit of the Marvel characters, the hero who still do the right thing depiste his/her own faults. She started in her own solo, not under the patronage of other character and has grow her own character beyond being associated to an specific team. In power level she is not in the top but neither is Spider-man and he still is the archetypical (and most popular) Marvel character. Maybe Black Widow is the closest to her or even above her in many other characteristics, (including the legacy aspect) but being death right now was a handycap in the vote decision.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin