View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    googled "Storm kissing." there were a surprising number of lip locking moments; most of them with Wolverine (like meme worthy). she has her libertine moments; like hanging out in a hot tub with Callisto's tentacles all over her.
    Eh, what women under Claremont weren't implied to be bisexual? Kitty and Rachel, Danielle Moonstar and Wolfsbane, gotta be more I can't remember

Being bisexual is a requirement for the "Marvel Queen" title? Because in that case Sue is out of competition. Dunno about Carol. And why is not Medusa in the list? Is a little tricky question. Ask for a Queen and the only one with a royal title is Storm. Almost like subconcious manipulation.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There really isn't one like there really isn't a Superman or Batman. The DC Trinity are unique in comics the only three golden age heroes to really survive into the Silver Age without reboots.
    They do have a Batman though. Peter Parker Spiderman is their cash cow and most popular character. He might not be as long standing as Bruce but they share the same spot in their companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Being bisexual is a requirement for the "Marvel Queen" title? Because in that case Sue is out of competition. Dunno about Carol. And why is not Medusa in the list? Is a little tricky question. Ask for a Queen and the only one with a royal title is Storm. Almost like subconcious manipulation.
    Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I think it's just bringing up similarities between WW and Storm. tbh I wasn't even consciously aware that they were even that similar till you pointed out but yeah.

Godly association, royalty connection, warrior, possibly LGBT, etc...

Huh.

But there are obvious differences too, one's a solo character vs team based character, royal through marriage (divorce), plus the pretty different origins and history in general.

Rogue is a better Wonder Woman option than any of these guys on the list. She was basically the second or third biggest X-girl behind Storm and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by 16andCanadian View Post
    Rogue is a better Wonder Woman option than any of these guys on the list. She was basically the second or third biggest X-girl behind Storm and Jean.
    But her power is sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To get back to the main point of this thread, I really think Marvel should have their own Wonder Woman, at least in so much as she's just as strong as the upper tier males, Thor, Thing, etc without owing her origin to being a male knock off.

Marvel doesn't really have that, IMO. Carol got her powers as a result of collateral damage in a battle with Mar-vell. The Hulks, I shouldn't have to explain.

I think the new Ms. America would have worked perfect in many respects, but I fear Marvel's made her at least partially irrelevant by turning her from a patriotic legacy character to an extra dimensional brawler who's just passing through certain realities. Seriously, WTF?
    When was she patriotic?

I'm pleasantly surprised that Sue is in second currently.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised that Sue is in second currently.
    im surprised that no one has voted for black widow even though some argue she is marvels leading lady.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-21-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im surprised that no one has voted for black widow even though some argue she is msrvrks leading lady.
    Yeah that is surprising.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im surprised that no one has voted for black widow even though some argue she is marvels leading lady.
    Ditto, and also surprising the number of votes for Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. She's clearly got some fans, even if they seem to be keeping their heads down, with the current trend of disliking her. (Much like fans of Hank McCoy, or Medusa, or other characters who aren't hugely popular at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ditto, and also surprising the number of votes for Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. She's clearly got some fans, even if they seem to be keeping their heads down, with the current trend of disliking her. (Much like fans of Hank McCoy, or Medusa, or other characters who aren't hugely popular at the moment.)
    Maybe no one picked BW because they thought everyone else would?

And it must suck to be fans of characters that are being written so badly, Beast, Captain Marvel, etc deserve better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    When was she patriotic?
    When Joe Casey introduced her, she was a legacy to the original Ms.America.

Now, any connection to the US is pure coincidence (blasted lack of eyeroll emoj!)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    though I have no interest in the character I think she is fine and wouldn't be opposed to her being the face of marvel. however, i think what is annoying is this push to make her marvels wonder woman and it seems forced. i feel if they are going to do it for her, do it for other characters as well and let the fans drive who ends on top.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-21-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think most all the women in Marvel are spectacular
    Love Storm and Captain Marvel and Black Widow and Spider Woman and Rogue and Invisible Woman and Medusa and She Hulk
    and the newer crew like Ms Marvel and Spider-Gwen and Thor and Wolverine
    The clips for the 2019 Captain Marvel movie look cool and exciting