View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    135 votes later, and

Not. A. Single. Vote.

For Black Widow.

Dang, do the movies have zero overall effect here. If its death, well, this is comics. Nothing is forever.

If I knew how to change the polling options, I'd swap out Black Widow for, I dunno, Rogue.

Kinda embarrassed I even put BW as an option now ...
    Lol you should be ashamed. Lmao jk

Spectacular Member

Many years from now after the MCU has ended or their MCU characters retired, characters like Black Widow and Gamora will go back to the C and D list. They are not iconic. Their current MCU popularity is temporary...

Astonishing Member

For me spectrum

But from the list sue richards

Ultimate Member

I think i'll go with Storm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol you should be ashamed. Lmao jk

It had occurred to me that maybe people haven't voted for her coz of the movies, maybe seeing it as too obvious

Of course it could be that she's almost an antihero assassin type and maybe people don't want that as the lead

But I agree, it's very interesting

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I know I'm late, but I've cast the first vote for the Widow. I'm shocked that Natasha hadn't gotten any love until now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I know I'm late, but I've cast the first vote for the Widow. I'm shocked that Natasha hadn't gotten any love until now.
    The problem with Natasha is that even though she's a fantastic character, she operates more from the shadows / the dark side.
    She doesn't have the same commanding heroic presence that many other Marvel characters have, but that's by choice / her history. It would be sort of like choosing The Punisher as the best representative of a male Marvel hero.

Voted for Jean but it’s looking like Marvel wants the mantle to go to Captain Marvel esp for phase three.
    First X-Lady

Marvel sure is pushing Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) into that role, and I'm okay with that, though I still think she should have remained her own woman as Ms. Marvel (I think the legacy angle of the Captain Marvel name is much more intresting with one of his children).
    That said, I voted for She-Hulk, for I always thought she was a better character, especially when they made her the exact opposite of what the Hulk was (her powers were seen as a gift, not a curse, and she was all about fun, and someone who mostly fought with her intellect, not her brawn, though she excelled at that too).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Exactly. It's a totally wrong headed argument. I mean the telepaths have incredibly invasive powers as well. And what if the magic powered folks? The Phoenix & Wanda can change other people and reality at will. To single out Rogue is just a sad troll post.
    can you spread a cold sore through telepathy?

It's a tricky question as Marvel's lore is so contingent on team books that so many of the most iconic characters such as Sue, Jean, and Storm are inexorably tied to ensamble casts and haven't had anywhere near enough opportunity to shine solo as Wonder Woman has. Marvel WANTS it be Carol, but has never managed to make that land as they wished it would. Kamala Khan is arguably closer to that spot than her idol is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's a tricky question as Marvel's lore is so contingent on team books that so many of the most iconic characters such as Sue, Jean, and Storm are inexorably tied to ensamble casts and haven't had anywhere near enough opportunity to shine solo as Wonder Woman has. Marvel WANTS it be Carol, but has never managed to make that land as they wished it would. Kamala Khan is arguably closer to that spot than her idol is.
    I think you make a hood point here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Too true. It's exactly why, instead of SOLELY pushing Carol, also push the women that have the massive exposure that comes with the "team setting." What would it hurt? Storm, Jean, Sue, and Rogue deserve as many chances to succeed as Carol. What could it hurt? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Too true. It's exactly why, instead of SOLELY pushing Carol, also push the women that have the massive exposure that comes with the "team setting." What would it hurt? Storm, Jean, Sue, and Rogue deserve as many chances to succeed as Carol. What could it hurt? Seriously?
    Unfortunately all of them have one thing in common. Their film rights aren't owned by Marvel.
    Which will stop Marvel giving them a push like Carol's.

It's also really sad that it took Marvel this long to realize that they needed a female lead and better female representation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Unfortunately all of them have one thing in common. Their film rights aren't owned by Marvel.
    Which will stop Marvel giving them a push like Carol's.

It's also really sad that it took Marvel this long to realize that they needed a female lead and better female representation.
    I know. It doesn't lessen the sting, though. Fans of these great women of Marvel should not be deprived of their faves because Marvel entered into a terrible deal to escape bankruptcy. These women deserve better treatment period. They managed to attract fans of a vast variety. It simply makes no sense to not capitalize on it. That's just me.