View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think Medusa and maybe Gamora should have been on the poll, though I do realize you're limited to fifteen options.
    (By the way, I voted for Invisible Woman).

Medusa was a member of the X-men then??
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Storm & Wonder Woman =

AMAZON

Susan Storm gets my vote. She's a classic Marvel character and one of the first. She's also never been a side-kick or second string, the Four are the Four (although sometimes it does feel like Mr. Fantastic and Backup). Just about everyone else on the list came later and was support for another major Marvel character with the exceptions of the X-Men characters because it's another team mag (Jean and Storm especially are iconic) and Jessica Jones, but she's such a new addition to the Marvel Universe it's hard to make her a contender in my mind. And Squirrel Girl... well she did defeat Dr. Doom that one time.

Black Widow - Iron Man Villain
    Captain Marvel - Mar-Vell Support and underwent an unexplained personality change making her almost a back-up character to her old self...
    Elektra - Daredevil Support
    Jane Thor - Thor Support
    Ms. Marvel - Carol's Support, making her another link in Mar-Vell's legacy
    She-Hulk - Hulk Support
    Spider-Woman - I wouldn't call her a Spider-Man support but still... they were banking of Spidey's success with that name
    Wasp - Ant-Man Support

I also really like the fact that Sue is a skilled fighter and a parent in a pretty stable marriage (not too much of that in any other comic), has possibly the strongest power set of her team, and is a proven leader.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The Invisible Woman or She-Hulk.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    Susan Storm gets my vote. She's a classic Marvel character and one of the first. She's also never been a side-kick or second string, the Four are the Four (although sometimes it does feel like Mr. Fantastic and Backup). Just about everyone else on the list came later and was support for another major Marvel character with the exceptions of the X-Men characters because it's another team mag (Jean and Storm especially are iconic) and Jessica Jones, but she's such a new addition to the Marvel Universe it's hard to make her a contender in my mind. And Squirrel Girl... well she did defeat Dr. Doom that one time.

Captain Marvel - Mar-Vell Support and underwent an unexplained personality change making her almost a back-up character to her old self...
    Jane Thor - Thor Support
    She-Hulk - Hulk Support
    Spider-Woman - I wouldn't call her a Spider-Man support but still... they were banking of Spidey's success with that name
    Wasp - Ant-Man Support

I also really like the fact that Sue is a skilled fighter and a parent in a pretty stable marriage (not too much of that in any other comic), has possibly the strongest power set of her team, and is a proven leader.
    A correction. She-Hulk started in her own solo as debut. She and Spider-woman were created for copyright purposes and neither of them were support characters. You can define them as spin off characters. The good thing is they can beused to good stories. The bad thing is they always will be associated as "coming after that male character".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I voted for Invisible Woman, but at the same time I don't want her to be the lead female. Being the lead would be great for exposure, but that also means being in most of Marvel's events and having so many writers on the same character which could lead to her doing some out of character stuff. I want her to be able to support a solo, but not necessarily the Marvel leading lady.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Storm.

Or they could just bring back Amazon

But really, Storm. If they gave her strength akin to Wonder Woman's she'd essentially be as strong as Thor is "supposed" to be. But is often nerfed down in both the comics and the movies. Then again, in the movies, so is Storm unfortunately.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I had to look at the file name to have any idea who this was. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post

Jane Thor - Thor Support
    She-Hulk - Hulk Support
    Wasp - Ant-Man Support

I don't think you know the meaning of a supporting character. It's supposed to be... supporting characters. Not who you want to be a supporting character. Because your logic clearly qualifies Invisible Woman as a supporting character. To be fair you can brand pretty much anyone as a supporting character with your logic.

Supporting means secondary. Not someone who has ties to another character lol.

I don't really know what this question is asking.

I mean I want Wasp to be the queen of marvel but realistically and logically, Carol makes more sense. But also if circumstances were different, it should be Storm. However we can't change those circumstances.

So to me the question isn't really clear.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I had to look at the file name to have any idea who this was. XD
    I was hoping that people would.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I was hoping that people would.
    Well. Kinda had to. Jessica Jones didn't feel like the right answer. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A correction. She-Hulk started in her own solo as debut. She and Spider-woman were created for copyright purposes and neither of them were support characters. You can define them as spin off characters. The good thing is they can beused to good stories. The bad thing is they always will be associated as "coming after that male character".
    You're absolutely right, spin-off is a better word for it than support. I'm thinking of it along the lines of a movie's supporting cast where everyone who's not the main character of a franchise is a support role. And I guess that's my point, unlike Wonder Woman who stands at the origin of her own franchise, these characters I listed come "after the male".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't think you know the meaning of a supporting character. It's supposed to be... supporting characters. Not who you want to be a supporting character. Because your logic clearly qualifies Invisible Woman as a supporting character. To be fair you can brand pretty much anyone as a supporting character with your logic.

Supporting means secondary. Not someone who has ties to another character lol.
    I'm not expressing "wants" in terms of who is or isn't a support (if I could retroactively make She-Hulk the original and Banner the spin-off, I would), I'm just being sloppy with my words and I apologize. Again, you're all right, support is not a clear term, spin-off is better. I consider Sue, along with Reed, Ben and Johnny as main characters in a book called the Fantastic Four. I also consider the X-Men, another team based comic, to be pretty inclusive of anyone in the team as being a potential main character as a root of the franchise's make-up (lots of mutants in the world, more born every day, any of them can be heroes, the X-Men franchise isn't based around a specific group of individuals). But She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman, for example are clearly based off of Hulk, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man. In my opinion, they're more like Supergirl than Wonder Woman, a cool character on her own but forever tied to the position of coming after and being a part of the Superman brand.
    Last edited by Vault; 10-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

I voted Storm. Eventually, it will probably be Carol but everyone here knows how well that is playing out so far.

Storm on the other hand should have had a successful solo by now. Marvel really just needs to give her a niche outside of being an X-Men and keep here away from the Black Panther.

Personally, I would have had Storm start her own business as a Florist in New York City (since that is really the only career that I could see she would be passionate about and just to get her away from the X-Men for a bit.) and have get into the usual super heroic mishaps from there. Seems like a no brainer to me. But that just me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

spiderwomani.jpg
    Spider-Woman