View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

That Kamala is a choice makes it very tempting for me to just choose her outright, but my damn intellectual honesty says that she ain't gonna be Queen of Marvel. I can see her being a princess of Marvel though, like maybe she might be the most iconic for young female characters much in the same way DC has the likes of Batgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, etc.

Incredible Member

No contest. It's the Invisible Woman. Hands down.

Sue has a position of respect within the Marvel Universe other's can't match. She is the icon. She is the standard in which all others have been measured against.

And though I am a huge Storm, Spider-Woman, and Wasp fan. I have to give it to Sue. She's the one that all of the others really look up to.

Sue Storm definitely.

My problem with this, and the 'iconic' question for some of the characters is that when a character is derived from another that logically makes them not 'iconic' (they are a sub-set of someone who might be 'iconic' but they are not 'iconic' themselves) but then I take that word to mean 'icon' in its more semiotic sense of a pure archetype and not just a stand in for 'popular' or 'marketable'. As for 'lead' or 'queen' I'll always choose someone who, again, is not a spinoff of another character as personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Attachment 56599
    Spider-Woman
    But these days, Spider-Gwen and maybe even Gwenpool would be acing out Jessica for the predominant-female-Spider spot.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think the honor should go to Storm. Within the Marvel Universe she has been a Queen of a nation, leader of one of the most renowned superhero teams, and worshipped as a goddess. Outside the Marvel Universe, she is probably the biggest marketed marvel female including media, tv, games, and comics. She is one the most recognizable comic characters as well as black female characters, and she is embodies the attributes of women everywhere who define their own path not to be changed or challenge by anyone but themselves. She has been the outcast, the underdog yet has achieved and accomplished so much even when all odds were pinned against her. She is the Hadari Yao, an inspiration to all. Not to take away from the other women listed but she is by far one of the few characters who encompasses all of the aforementioned characteristics. That said, she should not be queen of Marvel, she IS the QUEEN OF MARVEL!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-19-2017 at 11:44 PM.

I'm torn here. Storm is my favourite in the list but I'd prefer her to stay on the X side of things (and get better writers)

As for who else idk, maybe Wanda. She's Silver Age, connected to two major franchises (she needs to be re-established as Magneto's daughter, though) as well as the occult side of Marvel, not too bland in terms of looks and powers, not derivative of a male character. Of course, she'd need a good creative team to repair all the damage done since Decimation.

But really, most of those in the list could work given the right push and direction.
    Not Squirrel Girl of course.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 10-19-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think the honor should go to Storm.
    But, aside from the X-Men, has she really had any sort of prominence in Marvel? She's, unfortunately, not a character who's had any real success on her own. It's all connected to the X-Men franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think the honor should go to Storm. Within the Marvel Universe she has been a Queen of a nation, leader of one of the most renowned superhero teams, and worshipped as a goddess. Outside the Marvel Universe, she is probably the biggest marketed marvel female including media, tv, games, and comics. She is one the most recognizable comic characters as well as black female characters, and she is embodies the attributes of women everywhere who define their own path not to be changed or challenge by anyone but themselves. She has been the outcast, the underdog yet has achieved and accomplished so much even when all odds were pinned against her. She is the Hadari Yao, an inspiration to all. Not to take away from the other women listed but she is by far one of the few characters who encompasses all of aforementioned characteristics. That said, she should not be queen of Marvel, she IS the QUEEN OF MARVEL!
    You could also argue(though it isn't an argument anymore) that other than Mystique she was one of the first of such importance in the cast to have LGBT representation as a main character. Given her relationship with Yukio and the fact she's confirmed bisexual, you could add that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, aside from the X-Men, has she really had any sort of prominence in Marvel? She's, unfortunately, not a character who's had any real success on her own. It's all connected to the X-Men franchise.

I do wonder and this is a legitimate question, what massive amount of things Sue Storm done of significance that didn't have her connected to the Fantastic Four franchise in a similar vein?

I don't think it matters what group you're attached to, that shouldn't be a factor into anything imo, especially if they are iconic.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-19-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    You could also argue(though it isn't an argument anymore) that other than Mystique she was one of the first of such importance in the cast to have LGBT representation as a main character. Given her relationship with Yukio and the fact she's confirmed bisexual, you could add that as well.
    Why?
    How would that make her the most important female character from Marvel?

yes she has actually. She was a fantastic four member, an avenger and queen of wakanda. She has been connected to the universe beyond just the xmen. however, even if you were to solely look at her as an xmen her reach and influence eclipses many if not all of the women listed. that's arguable obviously but my point is that her being primarily an xmen isn't a disqualifier or shouldn't be.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-19-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Why?
    How would that make her the most important female character from Marvel?
    i think the point is that she is a very complex character that possesses so many qualities that allow for a connection with people from all walks of life. representation is very important, that includes race, gender, sexuality etc. its one of the reasons many fiercely denounce claims she isn't African American as their are very few black characters that are iconic in the way storm is.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Wait, wait ... Storm is bi???

https://media.giphy.com/media/tlGD7PDy1w8fK/giphy.gif

How did I not know this?? What issue? Was this a one-off? Who is this Yukio? Has this been followed up on and acknowledged by other writers? What's Marvel 's official stance on this?

I want this to be true. But I figured if it were, there would have been a big deal about it. Was there?

So many questions ...
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-19-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Wait, wait ... Storm is bi???

https://media.giphy.com/media/tlGD7PDy1w8fK/giphy.gif

How did I not know this?? What issue? Was this a one-off? Who is this Yukio? Has this been followed up on and acknowledged by other writers? What's Marvel 's official stance on this?

I want this to be true. But I figured if it were, there would have been a big deal about it. Was there?

So many questions ...
    she is not confirmed bisexual, not with yukio at least. they have moments that could be interpreted as such but personally I think you have to reach really far and wide to make such s conclusion. however, she did kiss a woman when she was inverted which i guess one could argue she is bisexual from that encounter. i am one who thinks it's possible but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    This was also part of Axis so she was inverted when this was happening. Her behavior that was night was deliberate to undermine Quinton.