View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Frank or whomever can say whatever they want. She hasn't been confirmed in 616 canon as bisexual. The inversion spell caused them to act differently from what they normally would behave and in storm case it had her attacking students and kissing women. Also that pic of Ororo with yukio was something tchalla dreamt up in his head and not real. you will not be able to find anything from 616 except for when she was inverted that shows her being intimate with someone of the same sex. at best it was implied but that is still not confirmation. therefore any suggestion that she is bisexusl is from Frank or your head canon and is not 616.
    Frank wrote it, as well as many other comics and things to do with Storm, and said that her kissing women had nothing to do with the AXIS because she was already bi-sexual. It didn't "make" her bi-sexual, she already was.

You can't really disagree with the writer on what the scene entails. You're essentially going "Well the writer of the show can say whatever they want but that doesn't mean that's what the scene was about!" Um...yes it was, he wrote it and he said it was. YOU may disagree that Storm is bi-sexual or be in denial about that fact. But when the writer actually confirms it, and he even says that the AXIS had nothing to do with Storm's bi-sexuality. That means that the inversion spell had nothing to do with her bi-sexuality, the writer confirmed it was already there. So you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can think of all the theories you want, but when the actual writer comes out says something, that's pretty much sets it in stone.

So you can keep on trying to say "The AXIS made her bisexual!" all you want, but when the writer goes "No it didn't. She already was.", that pretty much is the end of it.

Extraordinary Member

Since I'm one of those people who thinks the biggest mistake Marvel made with Carol is trying to make her into their Wonder Woman - draining her of too many of her flaws and making her too respected by the other characters - I guess my answer is "no one."

But I would also say that if any character was appropriate to push as their #1 female character, it would have to be Carol. She just has the most potential as a solo star for the reasons many people have gone into: she had her own solo comic, can match most other characters in power, and her male counterpart is dead and not coming back. Most of the other Marvel heroines have no solo-star experience or are overshadowed by a more popular male counterpart (which is why even though I think She-Hulk is Marvel's best solo heroine, she can't really be the face of the company).

So it was a logical choice, it's just that I don't like what it did to the character.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Frank wrote it, as well as many other comics and things to do with Storm, and said that her kissing women had nothing to do with the AXIS because she was already bi-sexual. It didn't "make" her bi-sexual, she already was.

You can't really disagree with the writer on what the scene entails. You're essentially going "Well the writer of the show can say whatever they want but that doesn't mean that's what the scene was about!" Um...yes it was, he wrote it and he said it was. YOU may disagree that Storm is bi-sexual or be in denial about that fact. But when the writer actually confirms it, and he even says that the AXIS had nothing to do with Storm's bi-sexuality. That means that the inversion spell had nothing to do with her bi-sexuality, the writer confirmed it was already there. So you really don't have a leg to stand on. You can think of all the theories you want, but when the actual writer comes out says something, that's pretty much sets it in stone.

So you can keep on trying to say "The AXIS made her bisexual!" all you want, but when the writer goes "No it didn't. She already was.", that pretty much is the end of it.
    Where in 616 canon does Storm explicitly state she is bisexual? What scans with Yukio are you referencing where it undeniably confirmed she is bisexual? We have many about Daken and Iceman, surely you can find one from 616 that doesn't require you posting dream sequences from Tchalla's mind or twitter posts from writers. If you can't point to 616 as your objective evidence it didn't happen. As much as I want Storm to be Omega-level, and as much as I believe she has done enough to be confirmed as one, since it has not been explicitly stated as such on panel she isn't one. In fact Willow Wilson herself stated Ororo is an omega-level mutant, which she wrote her in the female featured xmen team, but that doesn't make her omega-level. And that is the same with her "bisexuality".

http://www.cbr.com/wilsons-x-men-fin...burning-world/

Lastly, I'm not saying Axis made her bisexual. That is what 616 states about the events that transpired there, that it made the heroes act differently from what they would normally.

So I will be waiting on those scans
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-20-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Rorschach test. what is happening in this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Rorschach test. what is happening in this picture?

First: Two women looking at each other.
    Two: What book and issue number is this? It looks like her solo run and from what I recall of reading all the issues not once was it mentioned or even alluded to that they were intimate on any level other than friendship.
    Three: Still waiting for a scan from 616 canon confirming she is bisexual.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.

First: Two women looking at each other.
    you look at your friends this way? Storm's eyes are looking at Yukio's lips. they are close enough to smell each other's breath. and Yukio's consciously relaxing her jaw.

two people looking at each other

you look at your friends this way? Storm's eyes are looking at Yukio's lips. they are close enough to smell each other's breath. and Yukio's consciously relaxing her jaw.
    i have looked at friends that way yes. but what i do doesn't really matter in what is going on in that scan.

do you have the issue number and book please? was this from her solo that Pak wrote??

I really do hope one day they out-right confirm that Storm is bisexual. We need more strong Bi characters in fiction, plus from what I can see, there is enough evidence to say it could be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I really do hope one day they out-right confirm that Storm is bisexual. We need more strong Bi characters in fiction, plus from what I can see, there is enough evidence to say it could be true!
    there is also plenty of evidence she is an Omega-level mutant but that isn't what she is in 616.

Also, we have Daken who is pretty strong bi-sexual figure. And despite whether she is bi-sexual or not (which there is no clear indisputable evidence from 616 that she is) she is currently with her true love Tchalla.

Rorschach test, what is happening here:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-20-2017 at 02:46 PM.

i have looked at friends that way yes. but what i do doesn't really matter in what is going on in that scan.

do you have the issue number and book please? was this from her solo that Pak wrote??
    Storm # 4 ..........

Storm # 4 ..........
    Thanks boo! They didn't kiss in that issue nor was there even a hint of them being an item in any sexual or romantic way in her solo.

That was cute though!

Thanks boo! They didn't kiss in that issue nor was there even a hint of them being an item in any sexual or romantic way in her solo.

That was cute though!
    we have different ways of defining "hint," I guess. because I'd say that you can't talk Storm/Yukio without talking subtext.

there is also plenty of evidence she is an Omega-level mutant but that isn't what she is in 616.

Also, we have Daken who is pretty strong bi-sexual figure. And despite whether she is bi-sexual or not (which there is no clear indisputable evidence from 616 that she is) she is currently with her true love Tchalla.

Daken is a great character, but he is also a psychotic sociopath... so it would be nice if there was a more prominent bi Marvel character who was not, like, insane. Plus, a conformation of her bisexuality would not have to effect her relationship with T'challa (Who I doubt would care!)

I am not saying it must happen, and with the recent outing of Bobby I doubt they will do such a thing to another X-character anytime soon... I just think it would be cool if they did confirm it.

we have different ways of defining "hint," I guess. because I'd say that you can't talk Storm/Yukio without talking subtext.
    but why do you need subtext, especially in this day in age with characters like Daken and Iceman around.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Daken is a great character, but he is also a psychotic sociopath... so it would be nice if there was a more prominent bi Marvel character who was not, like, insane. Plus, a conformation of her bisexuality would not have to effect her relationship with T'challa (Who I doubt would care!)

I am not saying it must happen, and with the recent outing of Bobby I doubt they will do such a thing to another X-character anytime soon... I just think it would be cool if they did confirm it.
    fair enough. i don't think her being confirmed as bisexual will do anything for the character honestly. for me what would be more cool is seeing her have more influence across the overall MU. I don't think her sexuality will be the vehicle to do this but that is just me.

also, tchalla might actually have issue with it. that scan the majesty posted with her and yukio was from his mind and his reservations about marrying ororo iirc.