Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's an arbitrary title anyway, it's fine that she has it if it inspires little girls. It has no negative effect to Reed.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Wasn't Amadeus Cho also up there at some point?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Wasn't Amadeus Cho also up there at some point?
    IIRC, the whole "smartest person" thing had to do with Amadeus being the fifth smartest or something like that. Before then, I don't think they ever ranked supergeniuses.

I feel the thread title should be IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE MARVEL HAS DEEMED MOON GIRL THE "SMARTEST PERSON" AND THE SKY HASN'T FALLEN YET.

Seriously, there's been no harm to this while there's been a huge benefit to having a positive role model for young black girls, particularly in STEM fields.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It was essentially a measure of her raw brain power. Creative thinking, pattern recognition, stuff like that. It's not about depth of knowledge or accomplishments, it's all about her being good at thinking, basically. (Though, of course, intelligence is separate from wisdom. Brilliant people are capable of making stupid decisions, and Lunella's as capable of that as anyone.)

Basically, give Reed and Lunella the same resources, and Lunella will get better results. As it is, Lunella has none of the resources Reed has always had access to. So instead, she makes a flame-spitting triceratops mech out of Lego.

I just really loved that triceratops mech.
    Thank you; by that logic, and what others have said, yes, there's nothing inherently wrong with her having that title. I maintain my point, and agree with Kurolegacy, that it wasn't done properly, and it raises problems that have nothing to do with the character herself.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Thank you; by that logic, and what others have said, yes, there's nothing inherently wrong with her having that title. I maintain my point, and agree with Kurolegacy, that it wasn't done properly, and it raises problems that have nothing to do with the character herself.
    What problems that aren't already inherent in superhero comics?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Lol, also a good point, doesn't mean we shouldn't point them out though, right?

At this point, I honestly don't care that much. I just find it kind of ridiculous in a way. From the comments I read with the video, the majority of people don't agree with this list either. I personally put the characters in tiers, since I'd have a hard time telling who's smarter between Stark, Pym, Banner and T'Challa for instance.

I do find it funny though that the so-called smartest person in the Marvel Universe can't figure out the proper way to put on glasses...

Lunellaglasses.JPG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It was essentially a measure of her raw brain power. Creative thinking, pattern recognition, stuff like that. It's not about depth of knowledge or accomplishments, it's all about her being good at thinking, basically. (Though, of course, intelligence is separate from wisdom. Brilliant people are capable of making stupid decisions, and Lunella's as capable of that as anyone.)

Basically, give Reed and Lunella the same resources, and Lunella will get better results. As it is, Lunella has none of the resources Reed has always had access to. So instead, she makes a flame-spitting triceratops mech out of Lego.

I just really loved that triceratops mech.

Triceratops Mech is the back bone of comic bookdom, it’s part of the blue print of fun comics and it’s needed more

BANNED

I didn't like it then, I don't like it now, but at the end of the day... I don't really care. I have better things to do than rage at disposable fiction. I enjoy some things which I keep buying, and that's the end of it. They can go ahead and make her the Mr. Terrific of the MU, for all I care. I simply won't acknowledge it, like I do with everything I don't like. Hey, Bendis disregards continuity from issue to issue, so I think I have that option...

Astonishing Member

Iirc secret warriors book says she is the smartest person alive

Or

She is the smartest person in the universe

That would remove banner from the comparison, maybe reed and Valeria too if they are in another part of the multiverse

Doom, cho and pym, likely tony, are by the things above lower than her as is Riri

Either way, I think she's a lot of fun in secret warriors

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Who care ? I think it's stupid that a kid is the smartest Marvel character, but people vote with their wallet and she is not in a lot of titles.Contrary to, for example, ms Marvel she is not a popular character. In 2 or 3 years, if the fanbase doesn't change their view, she will disappear or be a c/d-list character like the thinker, Lila Rhodes, Forge, Karl malus, June Kovington etc.
    I like the character, and think it's too bad that she's likely to fade into the background. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot of other places they can fit her in. If she was a little older she could slot into the Champions, but where she's at she's not a good fit for joining teams. I'd love to pick up more issues, but as it's not a big seller most stores don't bring them in and it's a really hard book to find. I have three issues myself and have liked them all.

http://wp.me/p81uZL-gp
    http://wp.me/p81uZL-7X
    http://wp.me/p81uZL-29

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It's like all those other lies gr'ups tell kids to inspire them, but eventually the kids learn the fallacy and it crushes their souls.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, also a good point, doesn't mean we shouldn't point them out though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm not sure I ever understood what the problem was with her having that in the first place.
    Ditto. I really do not see what the big problem is, never have. I really does not hurt Reed, plus I think it will be great when the two finally meet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    At this point, I honestly don't care that much. I just find it kind of ridiculous in a way. From the comments I read with the video, the majority of people don't agree with this list either. I personally put the characters in tiers, since I'd have a hard time telling who's smarter between Stark, Pym, Banner and T'Challa for instance.

I do find it funny though that the so-called smartest person in the Marvel Universe can't figure out the proper way to put on glasses...

Lunellaglasses.JPG
    What? No, I did not just try putting my glasses on upside down to what it would be like, umm, you did!

BANNED

If you tell me it's a comic book about the smartest person in the universe--I don't have to hear anymore: I'm not buying it. Devil Dinosaur should have his own solo title.