Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Yeah, Jessica Jones is a good answer, as is Ben Urich.

Damn it, now I want a detective book with Ben Urich, Jessica Jones, Multiple Man, Misty Knight, Spider-Woman, Night Raven, Dakota North and Nick Fury. Call it 'Journey Into Mystery'.
    What? No Santa?

Incredible Member

I wanna give it to Jamie Madrox or Kate Bishop, but I concede that Ben Urich is probably better.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A few come to mind, although some have been written off as spies and cloak and dagger types...

Nick Fury
    The Prowler
    Dakota North
    Wolverine
    Black Panther
    The recently deceased Nighthawk

1 Thanos
    2 Dr Doom
    3 Adam Warlock
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

I'd say a spy is a Detective. So Nick Fury would be the best out of essentially everyone in the Marvel universe at being a Detective. At a street level the question becomes different, but 'overall Detective' Nick Fury. Street level Jamie Madrox and I'd say those would be the two you'd go for.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'd say a spy is a Detective. So Nick Fury would be the best out of essentially everyone in the Marvel universe at being a Detective. At a street level the question becomes different, but 'overall Detective' Nick Fury. Street level Jamie Madrox and I'd say those would be the two you'd go for.
    Spy vs Detective! It is not a fair comparison it's like comparing an expert to a hobbyist.

I don't think Moon Knight gets the credit for how great he is. Nick Fury is top dog, but MK ain't no slouch.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I don't think Moon Knight gets the credit for how great he is. Nick Fury is top dog, but MK ain't no slouch.
    Yep, forgot about MK.

I still alone I would have to say Black Panther, Daredevil and Jessica Jones. If we are talking about occupation solely then Jessica Jones Goes to the top of that list with honorable mention of Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Step by step examining of clues isn't something you see a whole lot in Marvel as a super hero M.O.

They seemed to have ceded the detective hero field almost entirely to DC comics.
    To be fair, how would they do such a thing without looking like a Batman knock-off.

I suppose Ben Urich's basically a male Lois Lane - an investigative reporter who doesn't have superpowers, but uses detective skills to help the heroes anyway. Ironically, of course, he's most recently been seen with Spider-Woman, who should be no slouch in the investigation department herself being an ex-PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'd say a spy is a Detective. So Nick Fury would be the best out of essentially everyone in the Marvel universe at being a Detective.
    You misspelled Natasha Romanova. Nick's top dog in the spy game because of his leadership skills. But for pure spying ability, Black Widow all day.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.