Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No mention of Spider-Man? I always thought he did detective stuff in a lot of stories.

Jessica Jones, Luke Cage (heroes for hire era), Reed Richards (I mean if he really wanted to)

Niffleheim

Meh to all suggestions Karnak with his powers has the potential to become a beast PI too bad he is sooo wasted in Inhumans.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-20-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Mercedes Knight, Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones and Lucas Bishop (M-Town!). Can't think of any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    An old She-Hulk series established that the world's greatest detective is ... Santa Claus. Seriously. He works as a detective during the off season, and he KNOWS when somebody is naughty or nice.
    Ha ha, awesome!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I totally forgot about Jessica Drew. Really it seems like the most detective like characters at marvel are woman. Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones, Collen Wing and Misty Knight.
    Dakota North as well.

For guys I'd probably add the Shroud to the list. He seemed to be into deep cover investigation type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Nick Fury

/thread

from the street level, Jamie Madrox, Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones come to mind but Madrox is probably the best of the three.

But yeah, the overall best Detective in Marvel is Nick Fury and there is no close second.
    I can't believe I didn't think of Nick Fury, d'uh! And Madrox?!! I feel so foolish! I loved the hell outta that Peter David X-Factor investigations stuff.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Black Panther? While not a classic detective when he needs to his pretty great at it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Dakota North or Misty Knight.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Dakota North!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Nick Fury

/thread

from the street level, Jamie Madrox, Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones come to mind but Madrox is probably the best of the three.

But yeah, the overall best Detective in Marvel is Nick Fury and there is no close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I can't believe I didn't think of Nick Fury, d'uh! And Madrox?!! I feel so foolish! I loved the hell outta that Peter David X-Factor investigations stuff.

Yeah hehe Nick Fury would be the answer and Madrox did have some amazing stories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    There aren't that many that I can think of.

Night Raven maybe.

Attachment 56618
    Yeah, he'd be up there. Well, back when he was sane.

Ben Urich is the best detective.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ben Urich is the best detective.
    You have a point.

Out of everybody that's been named, Ben's the guy you most often see doing Batman like sleuthing.

Out of powered types it's Jessica Jones almost by default.

Step by step examining of clues isn't something you see a whole lot in Marvel as a super hero M.O.

They seemed to have ceded the detective hero field almost entirely to DC comics.

Yeah, Jessica Jones is a good answer, as is Ben Urich.

Damn it, now I want a detective book with Ben Urich, Jessica Jones, Multiple Man, Misty Knight, Spider-Woman, Night Raven, Dakota North and Nick Fury. Call it 'Journey Into Mystery'.

Jessica has admitted to farming out her detective work to the internet.