Thread: Favorite voices

Mighty Member

Default Favorite voices

Batman and his colorful cast of villains have been around for quite some time. Enough time that he’s had multiple incarnations; animated, video games, live action, etc. Being a comic book property the adaptions have to capture the spirit and the voices of the characters. Being fans of comic books we often hear certain voices in our heads when we read these characters. So the question of the day is this; what voice do you hear when it comes to these characters? Any voices or portrayals in media that make you perpetually hear that version of the character when reading them?

Pick and pull from different sources as some portrayals are better than others, you may absolutely LOVE Ra’s in BTAS, but feel that the show’s Clayface pales in comparison to his voice in Arkham City… Feel that Young Justice’s Hugo Strange sounds boring in comparison to The Batman’s portrayal; Heck maybe NO ONE has yet to voice Killer Croc the way that you imagined him to sound, etc. Let’s have fun with this!
    Here’s a starting point make your list!

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ompare/Batman/

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Kevin Conroy…no contest haha

Robin/ Nightwing / Dick Grayson: This one is a bit harder as there is both an adult/college aged voice and a childhood voice. So I’ll be choosing individually
    Adult: Burt Ward…with BTAS’s Loren Lester in a close second (I think Burt was better as adult Robin, where Loren was better as Nightwing)
    Child: Young Justice’s Jesse McCartney

Penguin: Paul Willaims…as one of the few people who like Penguin sounding sophisticated and aristocratic he simply IS the Penguin to me… Though I will admit that Burgess Meredith is ICONIC to the point most people try to impersonate his laughs when voicing Oswald

Joker: Mark Hamill

Black Mask: I like The Batman’s James Remar the best of the character portrayals thus far

That’s all I could do while I’m at work…
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 10-20-2017 at 09:36 AM.