Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Post your DC Pitches

Essentially, this is an all purpose thread for pitching DC Books, shows, Movies, complete with Castings, creative teams, and all that stuff. A one stop shop, if you will.

I'll start with wat I think would be good creative teams for the Big 7. Please give your feedback and post your own ideas

Superman: Neil Gaiman/Ivan Reis
    Batman: Christopher Priest/Ron Garney
    Wonder Woman: Marguerite Bennett/Amanda Connor
    The Flash: Matt Fraction/Yusuke Murata
    Green Lantern: Al Ewing/Stjepan Sejic
    Aquaman: Chip Zdarsky/Gurihuru
    Martian Manhunter: Tom King/Bill Sienkiewicz

A digest anthology...
    More Fun Comics Digest!

Primarily the seven characters pictured above.
    With an eighth strip featuring a different character or team each month.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-12-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Atoms: Trouble in Ivy Town!

Writer: Grant Morrison or James Robinson
    Artist: Alex Ross, because that would be beautiful.

Story: Ryan quits the JLA and returns to Ivy Town because he was hired as the new physics professor at Ivy U. He stops by Ray’s old lab to discover that the rest of the physic professors had discovered Ray’s old notes and are experimenting with shrinking. Before Ryan can stop them they shrink ALL of Ivy Town.
    Ray, still in the microverse gets a distress call from Ryan who fills him in. Ray leaves the microverse and returns to Ivy Town to help Ryan correct things. It’s a job so small, that it will take BOTH Atoms to save Ivy Town!

Speedforce! Trapped in Time.
    Written by: Mark Waid
    Art: Augustyn

This book picks up after the conclusion of the button from Jay Garrick’s perspective. Jay is completely disoriented and thinks he is going crazy as he starts to see familiar faces and hearing familiar voices. He realizes that he recognizes the faces as Bart Allen and Jesse Quick! Bart and Jesse get Jay to focus and they tell him they have figured a way out of the speedforce! The three speedsters race through the speedforce towards a familiar energy, that turns out to be Max Mercury! Max has figured out a formula for the four of them to reach critical speed to open a hole in the speedforce and have them return to their world. The four speedsters reach critical speed and return to the DC universe!

Alternate ending: Once they return they race to DC headquarters as they figured out the real villain behind their captivity: Dan Didio! They beat the crap out of him and trap him in the speedforce with nothing to read except Wally comics. They then travel back in time to prevent Flashpoint and saving all readers of the new 52!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Atoms: Trouble in Ivy Town!

Writer: Grant Morrison or James Robinson
    Artist: Alex Ross, because that would be beautiful.

Story: Ryan quits the JLA and returns to Ivy Town because he was hired as the new physics professor at Ivy U. He stops by Ray’s old lab to discover that the rest of the physic professors had discovered Ray’s old notes and are experimenting with shrinking. Before Ryan can stop them they shrink ALL of Ivy Town.
    Ray, still in the microverse gets a distress call from Ryan who fills him in. Ray leaves the microverse and returns to Ivy Town to help Ryan correct things. It’s a job so small, that it will take BOTH Atoms to save Ivy Town!
    You woulnd't be able to get Ross for this, even theoretically, I'm sorry to say. He LOATHES legacy characters.

Alternate ending: Once they return they race to DC headquarters as they figured out the real villain behind their captivity: Dan Didio! They beat the crap out of him and trap him in the speedforce with nothing to read except Wally comics. They then travel back in time to prevent Flashpoint and saving all readers of the new 52!
    Yeah, happy ending!

[QUOTE=Assam;3209015]You woulnd't be able to get Ross for this, even theoretically, I'm sorry to say. He LOATHES legacy characters.

Really? Dang, one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You woulnd't be able to get Ross for this, even theoretically, I'm sorry to say. He LOATHES legacy characters.
    Omg really? Dang, didn’t know that.

I thought about doing a treatment for a Batman/Green Arrow teamup movie and i wanted Matt Damon to be Green Arrow opposite Ben Affleck.

BANNED

JSA
    Keith Giffen/Patrick Zircher

A team of seasoned heroes pulled out of time must work together to battle new crises and restore their history, one step at a time

All Star Comics 75 featuring the Justice Society of America

Not a comic magazine, but the first in a string of Original Graphic Novels. A series made to look like the original version of the book with chapters featuring different heroes drawn by different artists. Stand-alone epic tales with chapters drawn by the best and more diverse groups comics can offer. And don't worry abut continuity. Make 'em all Elseworlds.

Astonishing Member

Really? Dang, one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Omg really? Dang, didn’t know that.
    Assam's being a bit over the top here. Ross just GREATLY loves more of the Silver age heroes and the like than their modern counterparts. All you'd have to look at is say Ross' recent Marvel covers work on say All New All Different Avengers as an example of him being perfectly fine with legacy heroes. He'd probably do it begrudgingly but he'd much rather focus on the Silver Age heroes and possibly Golden Age.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    All you'd have to look at is say Ross' recent Marvel covers work on say All New All Different Avengers as an example of him being perfectly fine with legacy heroes.
    Obviously I don't know for sure, but from what I've read, it seems like the difference is a matter of how much reverence he has toward the two company's older characters. I've seen stories about him refusing to draw the legacies.

Astonishing Member

I've said it before but let's go with it. I'll be a bit loose on creators but...

Triumvirate

by

Writer: Steve Orlando or Marguerrite Bennett

Artist: Emanuela Luppacchino, Jamal Igle or Liam Sharp

"15 Years Ago the World of Thallasus Was Changed

Heroes first began to appear 15 in a crisis no ordinary man could've averted. He was not known by anyone until his Triumph changed human history. Now he stands as its protector.

Soon he was joined by a woman from the nearby heavens shining a new Light on our world. Standing with Thallasus against forces from beyond our solar system she advanced the sciences at a rapid pace.

Lastly came a Crisis even Triumph and the Moon Maiden could not defend against. All seemed for naught until a new hero was born with abilities far beyond what humanity understood. His Regal abilities helped turn the tide once more.

They are our protectors. They are, our Triumvirate. "

Essentially it'd be a universe whose entire idea is all the "lesser" know heroes get to shine.

Instead of the Trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman we have Triumph, Moonc Maiden and Regal in a similar role.

And just as a treat a pic of the trio I commissioned some while back.

Moon%20MaidenTriumph%20Regal[2].jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Obviously I don't know for sure, but from what I've read, it seems like the difference is a matter of how much reverence he has toward the two company's older characters. I've seen stories about him refusing to draw the legacies.
    Yeah he really does prefer the Silver Age heroes at DC but even he's drawn Kyle Rayner at least once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah he really does prefer the Silver Age heroes at DC but even he's drawn Kyle Rayner at least once.
    I know what you're talking about (My brother had the poster on his wall for about a decade) but that was a long time ago.

Astonishing Member

Oh definitely it was a very long time ago overall.

I just don't want it to come off as Alex Ross hates anyone. He has his preferences sure but it doesn't make it that he hates legacies.

In the same way that someone liking Cassandra Cain over Barbara Gordon doesn't automatically mean they hate the other etc...

But yeah let's get back to the topic on hand. I don't want to derail the thread.