Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Star Wars Rebels Season 4 *SPOILERS*

This two part season premiere was really cool. I liked how Sabine adjusted the weapon to target the Imperial armor instead of Mandalorian armor. Lots of great action scenes too.

Anyone else watch these two episodes?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was a pretty solid opening, I love the Mandalorians. I wish Disney would give Dave Filoni and his crew the reins for a feature film.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-24-2017 at 08:48 AM.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This was a pretty solid opening, I love the Mandalorians. I wish Disney would give Dave Filoni and his crew the reins for a feature film.
    I don't know if a film is a good idea unless Lucas money was backing it again. Filoni's crew has issues regarding budget and plot points being far too simple. The budget largely being a reason for character design/simple environments and the heavy reusing of assets (at least as far as Rebels goes). As well as while The clone wars was a two-part opening to a TV show that had to become a film, it didn't stray very far from what the show was like generally even when it got good a few years later. So in addition to budget and writing a film, it has to go bigger than what Filoni's team seems capable of doing. Not that I wouldn't see it if they did but they don't exactly seem capable to me unless they got some impressive backing, and then again why not just continue doing things without the animation team especially when Lucasfilm have access to Era-specific props and costumes now?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I don't know if a film is a good idea unless Lucas money was backing it again. Filoni's crew has issues regarding budget and plot points being far too simple. The budget largely being a reason for character design/simple environments and the heavy reusing of assets (at least as far as Rebels goes). As well as while The clone wars was a two-part opening to a TV show that had to become a film, it didn't stray very far from what the show was like generally even when it got good a few years later. So in addition to budget and writing a film, it has to go bigger than what Filoni's team seems capable of doing. Not that I wouldn't see it if they did but they don't exactly seem capable to me unless they got some impressive backing, and then again why not just continue doing things without the animation team especially when Lucasfilm have access to Era-specific props and costumes now?
    Hang on...
    Are you saying that it's Filoni's fault that he isn't given an Episode VIII size budget for Rebels?

His team is likely capable of whatever their budget allows for.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hang on...
    Are you saying that it's Filoni's fault that he isn't given an Episode VIII size budget for Rebels?

Exactly, the team behind Rebels works within their budget and I'd imagine they'd work just as well with a feature film budget.

They're really overtly diving into the KananxHera relationship in these past few episodes.

iMan 42s

Hang on...

No. It's by no means Filoni's fault for the budget as far as anyone knows and I doubt he even has a say in it. What I'm saying is that they kind of tried that before with mixed results and given how Rebels is going he might not get what is needed to pull it off. I'm hesitant to say it would work given that they tried it before back in 2008. Sure that movie led to a TV show which likely made more money but that's all the more reason to be worried over what they could accomplish given the sort of backing we know they could get. Besides, if they got a larger budget then why keep the animation team when they still have costumes to cut down on costs? They still have props, costumes, and sets, so it's less reason to bring on an animation team than just bringing over some writers.

I'd love to see another animated film but not only do I find it unlikely but Filoni's team just doesn't seem capable to me given how we know they work.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    No. It's by no means Filoni's fault for the budget as far as anyone knows and I doubt he even has a say in it. What I'm saying is that they kind of tried that before with mixed results...
    No they didn't.

...and given how Rebels is going he might not get what is needed to pull it off...
    What do you mean, how Rebels is going? It's going better than the movies.

I'm hesitant to say it would work given that they tried it before back in 2008. Sure that movie led to a TV show...
    Ah, no.
    The other way round. They had already made most of Season 1 of Clone wars, and then George Lucas said, paraphrased, "this stuff is awesome. Let's grab three episodes of this and call them a movie."
    That's all the Clone Wars movie is: the three episode arc that introduced Ahsoka, and it was not created to be a movie.

Besides, if they got a larger budget then why keep the animation team when they still have costumes to cut down on costs? They still have props, costumes, and sets, so it's less reason to bring on an animation team than just bringing over some writers.
    But why would you not bring in the animation team and show them what they can do with an actual budget?

No they didn't.

What do you mean, how Rebels is going? It's going better than the movies.

Ah, no.
    The other way round. They had already made most of Season 1 of Clone wars, and then George Lucas said, paraphrased, "this stuff is awesome. Let's grab three episodes of this and call them a movie."
    That's all the Clone Wars movie is: the three episode arc that introduced Ahsoka, and it was not created to be a movie.

But why would you not bring in the animation team and show them what they can do with an actual budget?
    Heck, on top of that I was thinking what they'd do with live action as well. The animation is good, but it's the storytelling that makes it great and that would work in any medium.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I only watched Heroes of Mandalore so far.

Rebels had some good moments, but I can't stand Disney's Stories for the Mandaloreans. Glad this one is over. I find Ezra and Sabine stale. I'm more looking forward to Zeb and Agent Kallus reuniting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Rebels had some good moments, but I can't stand Disney's Stories for the Mandaloreans. Glad this one is over. I find Ezra and Sabine stale. I'm more looking forward to Zeb and Agent Kallus reuniting.
    You preferred the pacifist Mandalorians?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The only thing that kind of bugs me is the way they have it that Ezra was only really competent when he was leaning towards the darkside. He is coming off way too klutzy and goofy now. I know it is a kids show at heart, but that does not mean he has to be the comic relief all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The only thing that kind of bugs me is the way they have it that Ezra was only really competent when he was leaning towards the darkside. He is coming off way too klutzy and goofy now. I know it is a kids show at heart, but that does not mean he has to be the comic relief all the time.
    He only really seemed that klutzy when he was adjusting to the jetpack, though he did kind of screw up when trying to cover for him and Sabine on the relay tower.

I don't think the writers have any idea what they want to do with Ezra, so they decide that making him the comic relief is the most inoffensive choice. Which is funny because the loud vocal minority despises Ezra because of his antics and lack of competence. I've personally never given a crap about his character, so whatever they do with him doesn't get me riled up in the least.

Now that they've covered the Sabine stuff, I hope they can get back to spotlighting Zeb and Hera.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York