Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
Cyclops had been acting less and less rational and more and more aggressive in the events leading up to AvsX. By the time the story started, he'd already formed a wetworks team using mentally unstable teenagers, declare himself the final authority on all things mutant, formed his own country in US waters and threatened the governments of the world.

By the time A vs X rolled around, he was basically going, "I know Phoenix has never re-powered mutants on a planetary scale before or anything even remotely like this, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to do this time. I just have a hunch. It's totally going to do that and not destroy the planet, which is what is IS doing right now and has a history of."

It's no wonder at that point that the Avengers really didn't want to listen to him.

Maybe it was the stress, maybe hanging around Magneto and White Queen had started rubbing off on him, or maybe he was finally going through the awkward teenage rebellion phase he skipped growing up, but the guy wasn't exactly being the most rational of superheroes.

Then he and his guys took over the world and he killed Xavier, but that's totally not his fault. it's the fault of Phoenix... the thing that the Avengers didn't even want on the planet and Cyclops was welcoming with open arms.
Scott had become aggressive, we can agree; the Avengers also had wetworks teams before, only they weren't trying to stave off extinction; he did not declare himself the authority on all things mutant, or did you forget that Logan left with a bunch of mutants and Scott didn't kill anyone for disagreeing with him?; he formed his country under a US that had Osborn as the top cop and he only promised retaliation to the nations of the world, last I checked plenty of nations IRL do the same.

The Avengers listened to Logan, who can't be said to be morally superior to Scott, and they're full of killers and former-killers. But sure, lets hold Scott to a completely different standard.

If all the heroes of the MU were behaving rationally all the time we wouldn't have so many events. The Avengers weren't exactly the most rational or moral heroes at the time either.

They wouldn't have had that power if not for the Avengers; no one would have been hurt if they stopped attacking the P5; and the Phoenix was not going to be stopped, so the Avengers are responsible for the P5; and lastly, if Marvel wanted readers to question the viability of the Phoenix, it should've been done in the lead-up to the event not during.