View Poll Results: biased double standard exists in...Marvel???

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 81.58%
  • No

6 15.79%
  • 3 option

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Does anybody want to talk about Marvel double standars? Cyclops, Cap, Prof X?

Double standard maybe!?
    Cyclops killed one person (X) while being fully 100% possessed by the Phoenix. Namor wiped out the Wakanda capital.
    I don't see any punishment or even cold shoulder toward Namor, but everyone hates Cyclops? oh well, he is Namor. He has anger issues, he is passionate.
    What about Charles Xavier, the pathological liar and biggest hypocrite of them all. I can't see why everyone gives "St. Charles the infallible sacred cow" a pass. I guess mindraping X-Daddy can't do anything wrong in hero community eyes.

The whole "Cyclops was mean to Fart clowd" - led to "cyclops worse than Hitler". That's not even logical.
    That is a horrible editorial nonsense.

Look at the difference how Marvel/Heros treating Steve/Hydracap and Cyclops.

We can question Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Carol Danvers, Tony Stark, Black Bolt, Medusa, Beast, Emma Frost questionable behavior but try to be OBJECTIVE

Fox doesn't seem to give a damn about Scott. I don't even think Marvel Studios would give Cyclops his due if they had the rights.
    If anything Marvels treatment of Cyclops and mutants in general is a great allegory for how mutants are treated in the marvel universe.

Our boy Scott will continue to fight to protect a world ( Disney owned company) that hates and fears him.

You are not supposed to see Cyclops as being right though. The writers keep sh-g on him, telling the reader that Cyclops is an awful human being and he deserves to die.

Just thinking out loud.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Honestly I am not sure I agree. I think Cyclops development across the last couple of years has actually felt earned. He had to make tough choices, compromise his morals etc. It was actual character development.

Particularly in terms of Wanda she was totally ruined as a character beyond repair. There is coming back from back genocide.

Scott killing Xavier could be argued as temporary insanity even without the Phoenix. He's literally the first person Scott ever trusted after an horrific childhood and he violated his mind, sent his brother to his death and then hid the evidence. I mean Scott killing him in a rage. He'd probably get manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Honestly I am not sure I agree. I think Cyclops development across the last couple of years has actually felt earned. He had to make tough choices, compromise his morals etc. It was actual character development.

Particularly in terms of Wanda she was totally ruined as a character beyond repair. There is coming back from back genocide.

Scott killing Xavier could be argued as temporary insanity even without the Phoenix. He's literally the first person Scott ever trusted after an horrific childhood and he violated his mind, sent his brother to his death and then hid the evidence. I mean Scott killing him in a rage. He'd probably get manslaughter.

it was Self-Defense which was done by a Cyclops who needed help but was instead was attacked by his peers and family.
    Rant
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Basically, I think marvel realized somewhere along the way that Scott is just cooler when everyone hates him. He was somewhat on the boring side for a good hunk of his time, but once he became revolutionary Scott that characters started to dump on, he suddenly became a much more interesting character. So X-writers continued to run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    it was Self-Defense which was done by a Cyclops who needed help but was instead was attacked by his peers and family.
    The Avengers and X-Men attacking Cyclops was them helping him. The way to help Scott was to drive the Phoenix out of him, and the way to do that was to beat him. We saw that with the other P5 members... beating them drives the Phoenix out of them. Sucked for Scott that he was in that position, but what can ya do.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Basically, I think marvel realized somewhere along the way that Scott is just cooler when everyone hates him. He was somewhat on the boring side for a good hunk of his time, but once he became revolutionary Scott that characters started to dump on, he suddenly became a much more interesting character. So X-writers continued to run with it.
    Marvel hates Rightclops and they're angry how each time they try to make him wrong, he just becomes more right.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Double standard maybe!?
    Cyclops killed one person (X) while being fully 100% possessed by the Phoenix. Namor wiped out the Wakanda capital.
    I don't see any punishment or even cold shoulder toward Namor,
    I could have sworn that he was killed for his crimes over in Squadron Supreme . . .

The Avengers and X-Men attacking Cyclops was them helping him. The way to help Scott was to drive the Phoenix out of him, and the way to do that was to beat him. We saw that with the other P5 members... beating them drives the Phoenix out of them. Sucked for Scott that he was in that position, but what can ya do.
    Ultimately, none of the qualms the Avengers have with the Phoenix make sense. The Phoenix does not randomly send its hosts on a killing spree the moment they are possessed. Jean only went mad after a psychic fucked with her brain. Even in AvX, the P5 only started getting weird after Scarlet Witch started pumping chaos magic into them, and Cyclops only got his Dark Phoenix on after a psychic attack.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I could have sworn that he was killed for his crimes over in Squadron Supreme . . .

Who at Marvel thought Namor was worth resurrecting??
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

Marvel hates Rightclops and they're angry how each time they try to make him wrong, he just becomes more right.
    That's just it... I don't think they're angry about it. I think they enjoy it.

If they REALLY wanted to make him wrong, they could easily do it. They can in theory make Cyclops do anything the heck they want. If they wanted Scott to create a machine powered by the blood of orphaned babies and puppy dogs capable of conquering the world, they could. But instead they pretty much always give Cyclops a defensible enough position to where fans can credibly say he was right, or he at least had a point. THey'll have characters crop on him which in turn will get the Scott fans riled up and talking about it on the boards, which is the both desired and expected result.

It got him over in a way that he wasn't before and made him more interesting, so they kept doing it.

Ultimately, none of the qualms the Avengers have with the Phoenix make sense. The Phoenix does not randomly send its hosts on a killing spree the moment they are possessed. Jean only went mad after a psychic fucked with her brain. Even in AvX, the P5 only started getting weird after Scarlet Witch started pumping chaos magic into them, and Cyclops only got his Dark Phoenix on after a psychic attack.
    Given the Phoenix was literally destroying every world in it's path on the way to earth, they had a right to have qualms. We can spend all day discussing how both sides could have handled things better, but ultimately if a cosmic being destroying every world in it's path is heading towards earth, it's gonna freak a few people out.

Maybe we can partially blame Phoenix. If it didn't destroy every planet in it's path, people probably wouldn't be quite as freaked about it.

Who at Marvel thought Namor was worth resurrecting??
    Given Namor is arguably marvels first super hero (him or Torch), I imagine pretty much everyone at marvel thought he was worth resurrecting.

That's just it... I don't think they're angry about it. I think they enjoy it.

If they REALLY wanted to make him wrong, they could easily do it. They can in theory make Cyclops do anything the heck they want. If they wanted Scott to create a machine powered by the blood of orphaned babies and puppy dogs capable of conquering the world, they could. But instead they pretty much always give Cyclops a defensible enough position to where fans can credibly say he was right, or he at least had a point. THey'll have characters crop on him which in turn will get the Scott fans riled up and talking about it on the boards, which is the both desired and expected result.

It got him over in a way that he wasn't before and made him more interesting, so they kept doing it.
    why did Marvel kill him at the at the height of popularity?
    This is Marvel saying we should move on from rightclops...by going right back to 05 tykecops.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant

why did Marvel kill him at the at the height of popularity?
    This is Marvel saying we should move on from rightclops...by going right back to 05 tykecops.
    Why has marvel killed or replaced a lot of people? So they can given their legacy character a chance to shine before likely bringing them back. No one really dies in comics.

Given the Phoenix was literally destroying every world in it's path on the way to earth, they had a right to have qualms. We can spend all day discussing how both sides could have handled things better, but ultimately if a cosmic being destroying every world in it's path is heading towards earth, it's gonna freak a few people out.

Maybe we can partially blame Phoenix. If it didn't destroy every planet in it's path, people probably wouldn't be quite as freaked about it.
    Reminder that the Avenegrs are hypocrites and Cyclops did literally nothing wrong
    Rachel has been a successful host for years.
    Cyclops' claim: Hope and the Phoenix will bring mutants back.
    End result: Hope and the Phoenix bring mutants back.
    Cyke still taking credit for new mutants popping up on earth.
    Rant
    Logically..
    End of rant