48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! it should have happened already

24 50.00%
  • No she can't handle one

9 18.75%
  • Only if a writer has a good pitch

15 31.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why has Invisible Woman never gotten a solo/mini?

Why has Sue never gotten the chance at a solo or even a mini?
    It has been over 50 years since her creation and she is the only member of the Fantastic Four who hasn't (even Franklin has had a mini).

It's just really frustrating to see all these characters get a shot while she is left out. Maybe Marvel believes she can't handle one of is underserving of one? Do you agee or disagree with that opinion?

Last edited by Crimz; 10-16-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If Weapon H can handle a solo title every character can.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

well she's not going to get one now because of Marvel's stance with the Fantastic Four and Fox retaining the movie rights.

Why she hasn't over the prior 40+ years, good question.

She's an iconic character. Part of Marvel's first family. Marvel's first heroine of the silver age. Her change from Invisible Girl to Invisible Woman in the 80s really signaled a shift in mainstream gender portrayal and her transformation into a much stronger character.

You'd think she'd be a cornerstone character given her history and abilities. It is curious she hasn't been positioned the way other team centric heroines have from the X-men or Avengers.

Carol (Captain Marvel) has probably been positioned to fill that cornerstone Marvel has 'arguably' been missing.
    The J-man

she's in good company; Janet Van Dyne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Cause it was invisible ?
    Lol nice one. She's definitely overdue for a solo tho.

There's so much that can be done even on just a surface level, her powers could lead to some really great scenarios. Someone with her powerset teaming with someone that had Kitty's powerset would make them an unstoppable infiltration duo.

I am not much of a F4 fan (Really need to jump into the books sometime) but I would read a Sue solo. She is a great character, and we need more strong-female lead books.

To justify her getting a solo, I think you sort of need to ask the question what sort of Sue Richards story can you tell in a solo book that you can't tell in a regular FF book. The FF are Sues family and essentially operate out of Sue's house, so it's a different thing than say an Avenger or a Justice League member having thier own stories outside of their team book. Their lives individual lives are a lot less intertwined with their team than Sues.

I won't say they can't go a Sue solo... but because it's just so easy to tell any Sue story you want in the FF team book, I'm not entirely surprised she hasn't gotten one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well she's not going to get one now because of Marvel's stance with the Fantastic Four and Fox retaining the movie rights.

Why she hasn't over the prior 40+ years, good question.

She's an iconic character. Part of Marvel's first family. Marvel's first heroine of the silver age. Her change from Invisible Girl to Invisible Woman in the 80s really signaled a shift in mainstream gender portrayal and her transformation into a much stronger character.

You'd think she'd be a cornerstone character given her history and abilities. It is curious she hasn't been positioned the way other team centric heroines have from the X-men or Avengers.

Carol (Captain Marvel) has probably been positioned to fill that cornerstone Marvel has 'arguably' been missing.
    I always thought it was weird that she never got a push too. While, I wouldn't want her to be the "lead female character" like Carol is being set-up to be it's interesting that she was never considered since she is Marvel's first female superhero.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I know Thing had his own solo series but I don't think the rest of FF had their own solos but I think Sue has the most potential out of the remaining 3 with her versatile powers could be used for stealth, support, or defensively, offensively, etc. I would enjoy seeing her other missions for SHIELD along, helping Franklin with his powers, etc.

BANNED

A solo book for Sue Storm is long overdue. She's an absolute powerhouse. It'd be nice to see her breakaway from the FF at least on a temporary basis like Johnny & Ben have in the past. Missions for SHIELD could be cool in terms of infiltration and such, though I'm pretty sure SHIELD doesn't exist anymore right? Much like Wasp, Sue is one of the founding females of Marvel comics, and yet hasn't really gotten the respect and recognition that they deserve. A solo book, even if its just a mini-series, would be really great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To justify her getting a solo, I think you sort of need to ask the question what sort of Sue Richards story can you tell in a solo book that you can't tell in a regular FF book. The FF are Sues family and essentially operate out of Sue's house, so it's a different thing than say an Avenger or a Justice League member having thier own stories outside of their team book. Their lives individual lives are a lot less intertwined with their team than Sues.

I won't say they can't go a Sue solo... but because it's just so easy to tell any Sue story you want in the FF team book, I'm not entirely surprised she hasn't gotten one.
    I see your point, but there are stories they can tell that doesn't rely on the team or can be told in an FF book. Like the whole her being a SHIELD agent for years, which can been delved into much more. Also, the team and family thing haven't stopped Ben, Johnny or even Franklin which irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I know Thing had his own solo series but I don't think the rest of FF had their own solos but I think Sue has the most potential out of the remaining 3 with her versatile powers could be used for stealth, support, or defensively, offensively, etc. I would enjoy seeing her other missions for SHIELD along, helping Franklin with his powers, etc.
    Besides Ben, Johnny had appeared in Strange Tales and Marvel team-ups multiple times and his last mini was in 2004. The Fantastic Four book might as well be a Reed solo most of the time... Franklin had series called Franklin Richards: Son of a genius. Sue hasn't even had a mini.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-17-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Johnny's had a couple of solo series. He actually had a solo strip in Strange tales WAYYYY back before Dr Strange was even created.

Incredible Member

I had an idea for a series.... Reed is indisposed (not dead, just 'away.). Sue is living in a suburban house with her kids. Doing the soccer mom thing. She's also an agent shield. On team called the iridescent with dazzler and shadowcat.....