Default Night Raven Appreciation

Show your appreciation for Marvel's homage to pulp characters and one of the few Marvel characters Alan Moore wrote for, the immortal Night Raven!

I love the Moore Night Raven stories. Especially The Snow Queen.

There was a collected version that came out back in March of 2017:

Who is Night Raven? Find out in this complete collection of classic tales from the Marvel UK archives! Join the mysterious masked vigilante in his pulp-era war on crime as this lone man of justice stealthily stalks his villainous prey on the streets of New York City - and brands criminals with the mark of the deadly Night Raven! Follow this dark avenger into battle with mob bosses, murderers and miscreants like the Taxman, the Assassin, Dragonfire and more - in rarely seen stories by some of Marvel UK's finest talents, including David Lloyd (V for Vendetta)! Where brooding darkness spreads its evil wings, the Night Raven stings!

Collects Night Raven material from Hulk Comic #1-20; Savage Action #1-4, 6, 8, 12-15; Marvel Super-Heroes (UK) #382-386, 389-395; Daredevils #6-11; Mighty World of Marvel #7-17; Savage Sword of Conan (UK) #85-92; Captain Britain (1985) #10-12.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/night...b/4000-588571/

U.S. cover price = $34.99

so was this a UK publication of a character based in new york?

I love the design! But I have never heard of this character.

Does he have any powers at all?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

I collected the mini-series from over a decade ago -- it was very nicely illustrated. It's been so long since I read it -- that details are sketchy. But that version was more of spandex-wearing character than the two images above.

So did a quick search -- and it turns out the series I read was actually Nocturne -- whose outfit was created by Night Raven.
    Last edited by kcekada; 12-30-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It was a Marvel UK character, though some of his stories had been collected and available here in the U.S. in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Yes, this was a UK originated strip about a character based in 1930's New York, though I don't remember them being specific about which city it was - it could have been Chicago I guess. Later on, when the stories changed from comic-strip format to text, he moved into the 50's and sometimes ventured out of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I love the design! But I have never heard of this character.

Does he have any powers at all?
    He didn't originally, he was just fast with his fists (or sometimes guns), and had a device in the palm of his glove that branded his defeated enemies with a stylised raven brand; later on, after Alan Moore started writing the text-based stories, he was deformed but unable to die due to being dosed with both a hideous poison and a serum which made him immortal.

The original artist was David (V for Vendetta) Lloyd:

but he was succeeded by John Bolton: