Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
that sounds right. i was surprised at how young he looked in the first run of Fantastic Four. he wasn't drawn to be a ladies man or anything; like he is now. that reminded me of Bobby who was always depicted as more kid than teenager.

they need to bring back this look.
Johnny has zero dress sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
Johnny had a rough patch during that run, for sure--but so did the entire team. Robinson's entire run was a huge arc of the team being torn apart, broken down, and then ultimately overcoming their individual challenges and reuniting to deal with the true problem. Overall I thought the Robinson run was a real love-letter to the history of the FF. It incorporated so much FF continuity (both old and recent) and brought back old supporting characters and allies who used to be very prominent in the series but have fallen into disuse in more recent years (Wyatt Wingfoot, Sharon Ventura, etc). I really quite enjoyed the run.
I also enjoyed Robinson's run, but it wasn't the best for Johnny. It's also a run that caters more to long-time FF fans, than new readers still trying to get a feel of the characters.