Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default "Flame On!" Johnny Storm the Human Torch Appreciation

The youngest member of the Fantastic Four was deserving and overdue of an appreciation thread.

So here's a thread to appreciate the lovable hothead

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

He was always my favorite member of the FF.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This has to be my favorite Johnny moment....

My favorite moment was just before his "death" in Hickman's run. He showed that he is a true hero.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sigh. I liked Hikman's Torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Sigh. I liked Hikman's Torch.
    Yeah he matured Johnny and made him the leader of a rebellion. But when Hickman left Johnny regressed... again.

Nice! I've always liked Human Torch, especially because of his likeness to Iceman. Definitely overdue for an appreciation thread.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Hickman’s Johnny is a fave of mine. Such a great run, and his arc was superb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yeah he matured Johnny and made him the leader of a rebellion. But when Hickman left Johnny regressed... again.
    Not entirely fair. Johnny 'regressed' again into some of his party-boy immature behaviour even when Hickman was still on the book (for a main example, look at the issues of Johnny and Peter Parker as roommates). Its just part of who Johnny is--he is smarter and more mature than most people realize, because he chooses to be the fun-loving party boy most of the time.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not entirely fair. Johnny 'regressed' again into some of his party-boy immature behaviour even when Hickman was still on the book (for a main example, look at the issues of Johnny and Peter Parker as roommates). Its just part of who Johnny is--he is smarter and more mature than most people realize, because he chooses to be the fun-loving party boy most of the time.
    Agreed 100%. I think Johnny likes having people underestimate him, and it serves as a good indicator of when the FF is in real trouble - when Johnny starts taking things seriously. To be honest, I kind of liked Mark Millar's take on him as an offshoot of Mark Waid's take. He's rash, kind of flighty, fame hungry, and jumping from project to project to keep his interest. Honestly, the dude can FLY and survive fiery explosions. Racing, piloting, all that stuff - boring after a while. He needs constant engagement and is most destructive when he's bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    fair point.

Wow, I'm surprised that Johnny doesn't have his own thread already. Here is my contribution!

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I'm really looking forward to Two-in-One, we at least know the art is going to be great.

Two in One is the one book I'll be adding to my pull list for Legacy. Everything else I've already been reading... But I'm very excited for this.

I'm very surprised that there wasn't already a thread for Johnny!