Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Its hard to believe there are people who can say with a straight face that there has never been any hint of Johnny being less than 100% straight....he looks like he just stepped off a Pride parade float!

Well, don't his powers mean he doesn't feel the cold? Same reason Iceman doesn't wear much.

People want Johnny to be bi or gay in the worst way possible

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

What are the best moments of jhonny?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I know it's not a popular duo but I always like Johnny and Lyja pairing! They would make such a fun couple!

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    What are the best moments of jhonny?
    I’m reading the original Lee/Kirby run now...and have to say in many ways I’’m surprised at Johnny’s portrayal there...in many ways he’s the most pleasant and bravest of the four.

I’d say that throughout the run most of the aggro between Ben and Johnny is down to Ben...quite understandably given Ben’s predicament. The cruel edge I associate with some of Johnny’s practical jokes on Ben must have come in later runs.

And similarly in the Lee/Kirby run he’s shown as much less self centred than in many later comics...on the few occasions he “bigs himself up” it comes over that he’s actually poking fun at himself.

So in general to see best of Johnny go back to the early comics.

Mind you..he did have some stand out moments in the Hickman run, notably when he sacrificed himself to save Ben, and ended up in negative zone. And later in the run when he ended up commanding a large space flotilla against the Mad Celestials.

Also when Johny and Sue switch powers stands out in my mind!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its hard to believe there are people who can say with a straight face that there has never been any hint of Johnny being less than 100% straight....he looks like he just stepped off a Pride parade float!
    I hate to say it, but Johnny is a worse costume designer than Kitty Pryde. If he is gay in any way, he does NOT fit the stereotype of fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, don't his powers mean he doesn't feel the cold? Same reason Iceman doesn't wear much.
    what's that have to do with the flaming cowboy boots? they aren't normally worn with shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what's that have to do with the flaming cowboy boots? they aren't normally worn with shorts.
    Traction in the snow? Just because the cold doesn't bother you doesn't mean you won't take an embarrassing fall. And I think it's pretty much canon that Johnny is the FF member most in need of Garanimals when it comes to dressing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Traction in the snow? Just because the cold doesn't bother you doesn't mean you won't take an embarrassing fall.
    1) the outfit isn't embarrassment, enough?
    2) he can fly

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    People want Johnny to be bi or gay in the worst way possible
    I personally want him to be bi not gay because there are moments throughout his history that make me think he's not 100% straight. Also, it would being more diversity to the Fantastic Four (who are in need of it) and the MU as there aren't many bisexual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I hate to say it, but Johnny is a worse costume designer than Kitty Pryde. If he is gay in any way, he does NOT fit the stereotype of fashionable.
    Johnny is probably has the worst fashion sense of the 4, I'd say Ben and Sue have the best (or it's just that Sue looks good in anything).
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-17-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Johnny had better hope that the F4 are reunited... because the Unity Squad is not continuing beyond No Surrender, #30 is indeed the final issue of Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Johnny had better hope that the F4 are reunited... because the Unity Squad is not continuing beyond No Surrender, #30 is indeed the final issue of Uncanny Avengers.
    He belongs with his buddy Ben anyway. He had a good run with the UA.

It's sad the Uncanny Avengers is ending as I really liked that book. However, Johnny never did much in that book so it doesn't effect him much.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!