Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Cool I didn't know that, that's even more incentive for me to continue. I wonder what role he plays?
    .....There's a Sneak Peek of AVENGERS #676 posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....There's a Sneak Peek of AVENGERS #676 posted here.
    It seems very wrong...

When did ben first discover that Johnny was dating Alicia (Lyja)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    When did ben first discover that Johnny was dating Alicia (Lyja)?
    FF #277. Ben returns from Battleworld, goes to Alicia's apartment....and Johnny answers the door, half-naked.

Astonishing Member

In addition to Today's AVENGERS #676; Johnny was also seen within PETER PARKER: SPECTALUCAR SPIDER-MAN #299.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 01-17-2018 at 02:23 PM.

299. And of course he was, he's regular supporting cast in Spec.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What are the limits of Johnny's cold immunity? Especially when not on fire?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

What are the limits of Johnny's cold immunity? Especially when not on fire?
    my speculation is that if he's, say, asleep, he'd be more vulnerable, unless there's some sort of unconscious body-temp control power.. but if he's awake, I'm thinking he can actively control his body heat where cold weather wouldn't affect him, even though he didn't have to be on fire.

Iceman, Hydro-man, living Lightning, and others all can become their respective elements and mitigate damage.

Does anyone think that Johnny may be able become fire itself like quite a few elemental heroes (and villains) do? Or would you want him to not go that route?

Ultimate Member

Iceman, Hydro-man, living Lightning, and others all can become their respective elements and mitigate damage.

Does anyone think that Johnny may be able become fire itself like quite a few elemental heroes (and villains) do? Or would you want him to not go that route?
    On the one hand, that would certainly differentiate him from the dozen or so other fire-users in the Marvel Universe (Jim Hammond, Toro, Inferno, Sunstreak, Firelord, Match, etc.), but I'm not sure Johnny needs any sort of 'power up' or change to make him more like Iceman (who has fairly recently, as comic book time goes, developed the ability to turn into ice, and not just cover his body with snow and ice).

He's already pretty awesome, and lacking a real 'defensive' power (other than the ability to melt bullets before they hit him or whatever) kind of keeps him challenged, and requires him to move around and try to evade attacks, rather than just float there and be a human target. I prefer dynamic action, with characters moving around a lot (and therefore characters like Nightcrawler will always be my favorites, but also Spider-Man and Daredevil and various other characters that move around a lot on the page), and Johnny being able to assume a form that's invulnerable to a lot of effects seems like it might lead to more of a static presence on the battlefield, where he just sort of floats there and spins and shoots, which sounds visually unexciting to me (even if it might *look* badass, just ignoring incoming fire while laying it down...).

'Fire' would also represent more of a chemical reaction than an energy type (that said, this is a comic book universe where you can have creatures made out of 'solid sound' or whatever nonsense...), which could come with it's own funkiness. Would he transform into some sort of energetic plasma that is on fire? Would that work in space, or underwater? (Cause it's his own body mass turning into the plasma, so air might no longer be a thing that's needed to 'fuel' his 'fire.') Could his 'fire body' be absorbed or extinguished (and would that be fatal, or just cause him to be trapped, or forcibly reverted to flesh and blood)?

It's certainly something to think about, and despite my reservations, I could see arguments for and against.

Yeah I can also see both points of view. I'm honestly of two minds about myself, that's why I posted the question.

On one hand it would be a cool powerup and fit how Marvel makes their elementals intangible. But on the other it would ruin any possible danger in stories, which is a problem I have with Iceman.

I think the best way to do it is if there were drawbacks to him becoming intangible. Because his powers are inherently more volatile than Iceman or Hydro-man's, it may take up most of his energy just to maintain it to the point where he almost dies afterwards. It would make it a great trump card in very difficult situations, but he can't use it often because of the severe drawbacks. Kinda like what his Nova flame but for defensive purposes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Huh, it took me only now to join this thread when he's my favorite superhero and Crimz's opening art is the source of my avatar.

Here's another Johnny solo cover.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is he supposed to be melting the trade dress there?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yep, the whole cover is melted. To foreshadow him going nova in the issue, with terrible results.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES