Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is he supposed to be melting the trade dress there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yep, the whole cover is melted. To foreshadow him going nova in the issue, with terrible results.
    ......And that's the Second Printing Cover to boot, since their very First Printing Cover was {originally} an All-White version of #379.

Astonishing Member

The Spotlight is on Jonathan "Johnny" Storm within the Next Chapter of AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER , via these Preview Pages for Issue #678.

Astonishing Member

The Spotlight is on Jonathan "Johnny" Storm within the Next Chapter of AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER , via these Preview Pages for Issue #678.
    .....Also for Next Week is his appearance (against his....."rival") within the Following Preview Pages for MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #27.

BANNED

Strange Tales #104 Jan 1963
    "The Human Torch Meets Paste-Pot Pete!"
    While at the bank, Johnny Storm is witness to a robbery by a new costumed criminal named Paste-Pot Pete, a criminal that uses specially made paste to trap his victim.
    After Paste-Pot robs the bank, Johnny tries to stop him, however Pete manages to escape when he gets on a motorcycle as an escape vehicle.

The Torch catches up with Paste-Pot just as he has succeeded in stealing a missile from the military in the hopes of selling it to foreign powers. The Torch is unable to stop
    Paste-Pot initially because he over taxed his flame powers, allowing Paste-Pot to capture the Torch and bind him to the rocket he stole. He launches it, hoping to kill the Torch.

Johnny's powers revive enough for him to free himself and get back on the trail of Paste-Pot Pete. The Torch tracks him down and manages to stop him by melting his truck.
    Paste-Pot manages to escape when he uses a paste line to hitch a ride on an airplane. However, his escape is a hollow victory, as he ends up falling out in the middle of the ocean.

Plot by Stan Lee, script by Larry Lieber, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers.

Astonishing Member

.......And let's just say that the conclusion of AVENGERS #678 ties into what concurrently happened to Johnny within the current Issues of MARVEL 2-IN-ONE and leave it at that.

.....And for a different (and humorous) take on Johnny (with the Thing and Lunella) should give MOON GIRL & DEVIL DINOSAUR #27 a good read......
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 01-31-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Good point. 2-in-1 hasn't given any indication Johnny's still an active Avenger. It could be set after No Surrender, as long as Voyager doesn't turn out to be Valeria. The events of No Surrender could've affected his powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

ComicsContinuum.Com has posted the Previews of Next Week's Marvel Comics.......including AVENGERS #679 and let's just say that things doesn't look good for Johnny Storm and leave it at that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ComicsContinuum.Com has posted the Previews of Next Week's Marvel Comics.......including AVENGERS #679 and let's just say that things doesn't look good for Johnny Storm and leave it at that.
    Here now: https://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-679/

I think that Grandmaster's reaction is quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Here now: https://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-679/

I think that Grandmaster's reaction is quite interesting.
    Yeah he seems kind of sad, but that could be because he doesn't like how unpredictable this was.

Does No Surrender take place before or after 2-in-One?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

for the strange tales solo era, where was this taking place?

I'm not totally up to date, but it seems 2 in one is probably just after. I think it is interesting the development with Johnny's diminishing power in 2/1.

I think if I recall correctly, that after Johnny died and was reborn several years ago in FF, his powers were increased a bit.

Still seems like it will be part of the resolution of the search for Reed and Sue. (which is good)

Most of Johnny's true "teen" era seemed to take place vaguely in and around New York/City. Wasn't his town, "Glenville"? Sometimes stories are referred to 'upstate New York', though I'm not sure about this one.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That's a very good suggestion about the Avengers No Surrender and 2-in-1 timeline with Johnny's powers weakening because of the former. I'm guessing he's in stasis right now, in another plane of existence out of reach of Earth.

As for the last time Johnny died, being resurrected several times in the Negative Zone did marginally increase his powers, but it was wielding the Cosmic Control Rod of Annihilus that really amped his powers to a cosmic scale.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

You're right. Thanks for reminding me.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

UK edition of 80's Secret Wars.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES