Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Iron Man 3 vs. The Wolverine: Which movie do you prefer?

Inspired by another thread, I was wondering which one of the two movies people liked better. Both came out in 2013, and both dealt with similar themes about the main characters dealing with some sort of trauma.

I may be the only one, but I preferred the Wolverine. I feel that the movie dealt with Logan's issues better, and while the ending was ridiculous, most of the film was well done. Meanwhile, IM3, while not as bad as people make it out to be, just had Tony breathe heavily and panic for about two short scenes before the kid character told him to build something, and then he was over it.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

RDJ will always be more watchable than Hugh Jackman.

Hmm... I gotta go with Iron Man. The last 20 minutes of Wolverine sort of tanked an otherwise cool movie. I enjoyed both overall, but Wolverine couldn't stick to the landing.

Mighty Member

I liked IM2. But loved The Wolverine. Both Jackman and RDJ are terrific in their roles. How I wish Logan and Tony could share screentime together.

Mighty Member

Hugh Jackman is pretty amazing, so I gotta go Wolverine. That Iron Man movie was awful.

The Wolverine by FAR! The last twenty minutes be damned, IM3 Ruined the reputation of possibly Iron Mans greatest Villain the Manderin.

I like both but The Wolverine is more cathartic, specifically the ending.

"The Wolverine", without a single doubt. And I don't even think this movie is THAT good. But it didn't made me almost stand up in the middle of the theater and scream "THIS MOVIE IS A PIECE OF CRAP!", like "Iron Man 3" did.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

BANNED

IM3 was conceived better than Wolverine, even if the execution didn't equal the conception. But Wolverine failed in both. Plus IM3 had the good sense to use a stupid villain appropriately - ultimately to embrace the stupidity and create a red herring. Wolverine went full throttle on a stupid adversary, hoping that by grossly exaggerating it they could make it better. Never works.

Definitely Iron Man 3. I liked the movie and have never understood the hate some have for it.

BANNED

Wolverine

I can't stand RDJ.

I liked The Wolverine but I really liked Iron Man 3. I thought they handled the idea of Tony having PTSD well and while Maya being the main villain would had made more sense "thanks" Ike Perlmutter I actually enjoyed the Mandarin twist I laughed when it was first revealed. Also they did something amazing they had a kid in the film and I actually enjoyed his interaction with Tony. I usually hate when a kid is slapped into a film/story with adults.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I loved the first two IM movies, but the 3rd one wasn't as good as the first two. I have to go with The Wolverine here.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

I watched the extended version of The Wolverine and I almost fell asleep. It was the second time I saw this and I regretted it. Hate, Hate, Hate this movie. Damn boring. I rather watch Wolverine Origins. Like Hugh Jackman, but wished he had better material to work with. Not a fan of IM3 but is way better than this snoozefest.

Wolverine had a much hotter love interest.