Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The scary thing is that he's done so many inept or questionable things just in the short time since the Presidential campaigns leading up to his 10 months in office.

I thought the most contemptible thing he did was when he disparaged John McCain's military record. I thought that had to be the end of his political career. Imagine the uproar had Hillary Clinton said she preferred war heroes that weren't captured. Trump better hope to God that he never has to suffer what he did for 5 years as a prisoner at "Hanoi Hilton". He was already injured from the plane crash that resulted in his capture which broke both arms and one leg. When he was retrieved from the crash site, he was stabbed with a bayonet and they broke his shoulder with a rifle butt. Later, his arm was broken again by his captors. Today he can't full raise his arms.

Trump callously insulted any soldier who was a POW. My mother's brother was serving in the British army in WWII and was captured in Burma or Thailand. More than likely he was part of the forced labor crew that built a railroad for the Japanese army to use. They called it the Death Railway. His family never heard from him again. A POW that survives the experience in a hero no matter what Trump thinks. For that alone I think that makes him unworthy of the office.

And recent events show that he still is insensitive.... he can't even make a proper condolence call to the families of the fallen. Golfing is more important to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The scary thing is that he's done so many inept or questionable things just in the short time since the Presidential campaigns leading up to his 10 months in office.

I thought the most contemptible thing he did was when he disparaged John McCain's military record. I thought that had to be the end of his political career. Imagine the uproar had Hillary Clinton said she preferred war heroes that weren't captured. Trump better hope to God that he never has to suffer what he did for 5 years as a prisoner at "Hanoi Hilton". He was already injured from the plane crash that resulted in his capture which broke both arms and one leg. When he was retrieved from the crash site, he was stabbed with a bayonet and they broke his shoulder with a rifle butt. Later, his arm was broken again by his captors. Today he can't full raise his arms.

Trump callously insulted any soldier who was a POW. My mother's brother was serving in the British army in WWII and was captured in Burma or Thailand. More than likely he was part of the forced labor crew that built a railroad for the Japanese army to use. They called it the Death Railway. His family never heard from him again. A POW that survives the experience in a hero no matter what Trump thinks. For that alone I think that makes him unworthy of the office.

And recent events show that he still is insensitive.... he can't even make a proper condolence call to the families of the fallen. Golfing is more important to him.
    I mean, attacking the Khan family was his previous dickery towards a Gold Star family. This current story with Sgt. David Johnson isn't a one-off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Easily the best president of my lifetime. It's not even a competition.

Has made good on an absurd amount of promises in an incredibly short time.

To answer the op...not that bad? Hah! He's great!

And I can support that quite readily.

Can't wait to see his second term.

Are you setting out bait? Or are you serious?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Bad? I would describe Trump as childish, immature, irrational, impulsive, cocky, thoughtless, undiplomatic, mercurial and arrogant. He is just a billionaire real estate developer who had no political or government experience. He is a terrible national leader.
    He's not actually a real estate developer and probably not even a billionaire. He's a con man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nah, no one could possibly troll in response to this subject. Besides, I'm sure they're a 8 month old Infant so they're technically right

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question to me or op?

If it's to me....yes I'm serious

Worst president since Obama
    When was the last time USA even had a good president
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Worst president since Obama
    When was the last time USA even had a good president
    A highly subjective answer, but I'm thinking you'd have to go back over 50 years at least to find one. However it's been less than a year since we've had anything close to a capable one.

Obama was certainly competent and history will look back on his tenure far more kindly than it will either his predecessor or his successor. Not without his flaws but there's no presidency, and no person, that doesn't have those.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump is an unholy disaster, plain and simple. In addition to insulting veterans, Gold Star families and POW's like John McCain despite being a draft dodger, he demeaned people with disabilities during the campaign, blatantly engaged in xenophobia with his Muslim travel ban, derailed the Paris Accords because of his skepticism about climate change, has played chicken with an unstable, nuclear armed despot by threatening to level North Korea, elected cronies to key government positions to wreck them from within, not to mention having the impulse control of a five year old (which is an insult to five year olds). Trump constantly indulges in childish feuds with literally ANYONE who angers him, has used the office of President to line his pockets, has gone out of his way to deny healthcare to millions of Americans by wanting to trash the ACA, and has been obsessed with destroying Barack Obama's legacy from day one with seemingly endless executive orders overturning every law Obama put on the books for no reason other than petty spite. Oh, yeah, his approval ratings haven't seen the high side of 40 percent since he took office. Yeah, Trump IS that bad, and more!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He's not as bad as the media paints him.

He is way worse than the media paints him.
    True. He is shockingly childish, egotistical and incompetent. And he strikes me as a despicable human being. On the other hand, the media are triggered so much by him now, that every action gets scrutiny, even if it is just the continuation of something that a predecessor started.

For instance the withdrawal from UNESCO. The US had already stopped paying contribution under Obama and as far as I know, the US already intended to withdraw. So giving Trump flak for that is a bit unfair. Although to be honest, he's acting wrong on so many levels that such minor missteps by the press can be forgiven.

What I as an outsider do not understand is how so many people could vote for a man who clearly does not represent their interests (even if he pretends to).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    What I as an outsider do not understand is how so many people could vote for a man who clearly does not represent their interests (even if he pretends to).
    My interests don't align with what is regurgitated by multibillion dollar international media corporations or career politicians.

Somehow a BUNCH of people decided they're on that side though. *shrug*

I prefer statistics, objective reality and the judgment of world leaders I already have a fair appraisal of...not clearly emotionally manipulative fear mongering and slander designed to stoke reactions from those easily lead into hysterics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    My interests don't align with what is regurgitated by multibillion dollar international media corporations or career politicians.

Somehow a BUNCH of people decided they're on that side though. *shrug*

I prefer statistics, objective reality and the judgment of world leaders I already have a fair appraisal of...not clearly emotionally manipulative fear mongering and slander designed to stoke reactions from those easily lead into hysterics.
    If you had an interest in objective reality, Trump was not the guy for you.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

as someone who has studied presidential history for most of his life, i can honestly say that outside of lincoln, trump has perhaps the worst first year for a president ever. i mean, he has done nothing to benefit the country as a whole. not a single positive thing in all of his grand promises of "making america great again". the list is literally too long to name and chances are when if i do list a list of all the shit and repugnant things he has done while in office, he will more than likely done something else to add to the list.

so at this point, it can say a lot about a person if they can still support him after everything he's said and done, especially after his massive fuck up with the recovery of pueto rico and his comments about neo-nazis.