View Poll Results: did Marvel push Emma as Queen of Mutants?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 52.50%
  • No

19 47.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How do y'all think Marvel would have tried going through with Scemma if Jean had lived? I know many her think that Scott wouldn't have been with Emma if Jean had lived, but suppose he did choose to be with Emma, how would y'all see that happening? Killing Jean seemed like too easy a way to get Scemma.
    I think they would've put Jean and Logan together and Schism would've been love square drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think they would've put Jean and Logan together and Schism would've been love square drama.
    It would have inevitably been skewed one way or the other, and no one likes a love rhombus.

I am so very sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How do y'all think Marvel would have tried going through with Scemma if Jean had lived? I know many her think that Scott wouldn't have been with Emma if Jean had lived, but suppose he did choose to be with Emma, how would y'all see that happening? Killing Jean seemed like too easy a way to get Scemma.
    It seemed easy because it was easy.

And sexist. People in editorial thought Jean should not exist as a character without Cyclops, and judging by threads here, a few folks still think that way. But really it's just a single slice of fans of a particular character.

It's funny because they are doing the same kind of thing with Emma, who literally can not deal with life without Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It seemed easy because it was easy.

And sexist. People in editorial thought Jean should not exist as a character without Cyclops, and judging by threads here, a few folks still think that way. But really it's just a single slice of fans of a particular character.

It's funny because they are doing the same kind of thing with Emma, who literally can not deal with life without Cyclops.
    I don't think Jean should've died, we were robbed of potentially great stories; and it is a shame what's happening to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan
    I... actually would've liked to see something like that happen. Would've made Schism more interesting to me.

This coming from someone who isn't normally invested in the pairing wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I just wished it wasn't seen as a competition. We can love all the X-Women. You can love Jean Grey and Emma Frost. You can love Jean and Rachel. We can love Storm, Jean, Emma, Rogue, Rachel, Kitty, Psylocke, Polaris etc all at the same time!
    Yes! Thank you. I despise this Highlanderish “there can only be one” attitude some people have when it comes to women.

To answer a couple of the OP’s questions. I hope Psylocke in Astonishing gets more focus than she has so far in that book because she hasn’t gotten much yet. If you mean more focus than what she’s gotten for the past few years in general, I would say no, she like a lot of characters just needs more consistently good/great writing. None of those characters mentioned need to be killed off or put in Limbo to get other characters attention. Writers just need to get better at balancing casts.

Definitely yes to number 1.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 10-23-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

1) It doesn't matter if they're black/white/Asian/Hispanic, gay/straight/bisexual/asexual or transgender. As long as your written good, I'll invest time into them.

2) To the Sexist pigs at the X-Office.

3) Some probably liked her and others disliked her, yet they had respect for her as another X-Men.

4) Jean and Ororo of course. Together they'll rule the world.

5) I'd rather have the characters who no one wants and are effectively useless leave, while those who are in the background get moments to shine with the A-Listers letting people warm-up to them.

6) Any character who is interesting deserves more of the spotlight.

6) If it fits the character and push comes to shove yes, but if it doesn't no need to change things.

7) No.

8) All hail the great Kitty Sue. She's to pure for that comic book world.

9) I really don't read it so......

10) Yes.

11) She's better then Kitty.

12) In my opinion Emma was a incredibly successful and ambitious women who was never shy of being ruthless and cruel. She had witty remarks at times and wasn't shy of manipulating anyone, and even cared a little about her students. But that changed with Morrison who kept a little about her personality and revamped it into Regina George with a Jean Grey insecurity. Seriously if it came down to it who would actually win Chandler or Regina George (Obviously the cruelly of the two)?

BANNED

The 2nd Gen Claremazons are my favorite: Kitty, Rogue, Rachel, Illyana, Dani, Rahne, Shan, Amara, Meggan, Jubilee.

1) X books needs more A list adult non-white female characters?
    Obviously.

2) Jean was dead for reason. That reason was called "keeping Cyclops and Emma Frost together"?
    No, she died because she shouldn't have come back for X-Factor in the first place.

3) X girls tolerated Emma because of Scott Summers?
    Depends on who you define as "X-Girls". Psylocke, Frenzy, and Dani are consistent in their 'Emma hatred' but put up with it because of Scott. Kitty, Storm, Rachel, Magik, Jubilee, Monet, Jeen etc. etc. all got on better terms with Emma on their own.

4) who will be the next Queen of mutants? Adult Jean Grey? Storm?
    Most likely Jean. But it should be Storm based on the sh!tshow that Lemire and Soule pulled.

5) teen Jean, Kitty, Storm, Emma should be dead or "take a break" from X books, so other female characters will have a chance to shine.
    No, because it shouldn't take the death of those characters in order to promote other X-Women.

6) Psylocke should receive more attention and proper treatment. The same can be said about Rogue, Polaris, Dazzler, Magik, Rachel. Or they do not deserve it?
    eh. Doesn't really matter to me. She's the "call-to-arms" of the London X-Men. If she gets more attention, I wouldn't be against it.

6) Would you like to see other characters in the role of leader instead of the repeated Storm, Emma, Jean, Kitty?
    Definitely. The fact that Dani hasn't been the leader of a mainstream X-Men team should be a crime. I'd also love to see Karma, Husk, Frenzy, and Surge in similar roles.

7) do X teen girls have to stay teen forever or become adults?
    "X-Girls" like Armor, Oya, Surge, Trance, Loa, Bling!, Mercury, Wolverine, Pixie, Transonic, Cipher? Should have BEEN graduated and implemented on various adult teams.

Shark-Girl, Sapna (when Magik stops being a dick), Bo, Nature Girl, Karasu, Ziggy, Michaela, Eleanor Camacho (if she ever joins), Tempus, Sprite, M-Twins (where are they again?), and Gabby (if she ever joins)? They should probably enroll at Xavier's for a few more decades.

8) Kitty. is she a good leader?
    So far? No. Not in the slightest.

9) Teeen jeen . Does she deserve to be a leader in Blue?
    Sure. I couldn't care less about the entire Blue team and wished they were sent back to the past.

10) While Cyclops was the leader of X - race, Marvel tried to "promote"/ make Emma as co-leader/X number 1 female, while ignoring other female characters? (Rogue, Dazzler, Storm, Psylocke)
    Nah, there were plenty of splinter books. But Storm's presence did seem significantly diminished during Fraction's run.

11) should Storm restore the lost position of the leader? Or enough solo book?
    Yes, leader + solo book.

Fantastic Member

Of course Marvel pushed Emma, she was the breakout character during new x-men era and the best addition to the team in a long time. They would have been fools if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Would like to hear you answers, opinions and suggestions.

what do you think?/do you want?/do you agree?/dont agree that :

1) X books needs more A list adult non-white female characters?
    Sure, go for it.

2) Jean was dead for reason. That reason was called "keeping Cyclops and Emma Frost together"?
    Not sure, although given that Jean's signature story is the Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix cycle, she could be like Gwen Stacy, a character that's worth more dead than alive. Jean's first death was long before the idea of Cyclops and Frost being a thing was a thing, and it didn't make resurrecting Jean as a teen in All-New X-Men a problem.

3) X girls tolerated Emma because of Scott Summers?
    No clue, although considering how nasty she could be, I could buy it.

4) who will be the next Queen of mutants? Adult Jean Grey? Storm?
    I suspect Jean; she's a higher profile character.

5) teen Jean, Kitty, Storm, Emma should be dead or "take a break" from X books, so other female characters will have a chance to shine.
    Who do we have in mind?

6) Psylocke should receive more attention and proper treatment. The same can be said about Rogue, Polaris, Dazzler, Magik, Rachel. Or they do not deserve it?
    Rogue is really the only character I like on that list to any great extent (although movie Psylocke was fine).

6) Would you like to see other characters in the role of leader instead of the repeated Storm, Emma, ​​Jean, Kitty?
    I'm fine with the classics.

7) do X teen girls have to stay teen forever or become adults?
    Growing up tends to be good, but that can screw up the floating timeline.

8) Kitty. is she a good leader?

9) Teeen jeen . Does she deserve to be a leader in Blue?
    Not enough information to hazard a guess.

10) While Cyclops was the leader of X - race, Marvel tried to "promote"/ make Emma as co-leader/X number 1 female, while ignoring other female characters? (Rogue, Dazzler, Storm, Psylocke)
    Not sure, although X-23 did get a solo series in that era, if I recall the timing correctly.

11) should Storm restore the lost position of the leader? Or enough solo book?
    Not a huge fan of the character, so I don't really want to see her as the leader or have any interest in reading a solo book with her.

12)
    according to Emma Frost fans her relationship with Cyclops has not given Emma any favor / benefit / development / privilege or at least permanency in main X books. She was just arm candy. Do you agree with this?
    Don't know.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Sorry but Emma never was queen of mutants. The title belongs to Jean Grey and Storm, and to a certain degree, Rogue.