Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rick and Morty starring Superman and Jon. Look at the type of adventures Rick and Morty have, it's some really Silver Age stuff, extra dimensional travel, aliens coming to Earth, magic. The counsel of Ricks reminded me of Multiversety.

The continuety would work just like in Rick and Morty.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Pretty much This:
    God this is awesome. And holy crap a proper definition of "classic." Screw family stuff, this is Superman. Give us back something like this DC, somewhere, anywhere. Please.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-25-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    God this is awesome. And holy crap a proper definition of "classic." Screw family stuff, this is Superman. Give us back something like this DC, somewhere, anywhere. Please.
    100% agreed.

My pitch is a show that is based on the Silver Age version of the character, but it would also take cues and plot ideas from the post-crisis version of Superman (like Superman's death). Also every 5th episode of the first season would be a flashback to Clark's time as Superboy in Smallville. The first flashback would detail Superman's origin, the second one would show the origin of Krypto the Dog, the third one would show Clark meeting the Legion for the first time and the final one would detail how Clark first met Luthor in Smallville (which would tie-into the endgame of the first season).
    Last edited by KC; 10-26-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

A Superboy or girl and the legion of Superheroes Netflix series done in the vain of the Young Justice cartoon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'd sell my very soul for a faithful enough continuation of the Fleischer/Famous shorts.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    A Superboy or girl and the legion of Superheroes Netflix series done in the vain of the Young Justice cartoon.
    I've thrown out the idea of Superboy from the YJ show getting hurled into the future,and being found by the legion.endless possibilities,and Kon could grow out of his flaws

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'd sell my very soul for a faithful enough continuation of the Fleischer/Famous shorts.
    I am actually cool with this also.i like Superman and his entire SUPER family together,but Superman is great by himself,he is the beginning and the end and should be shown as the ultimate SUPERhero.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I am actually cool with this also.i like Superman and his entire SUPER family together,but Superman is great by himself,he is the beginning and the end and should be shown as the ultimate SUPERhero.
    I think this hypothetical very slightly modernized continuation could maybe offer both. Maybe some episodes where it's Superman by himself mostly, but also ones that are not. The longer it were slated to run, the more and more I'd want it to experiment/expand.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I think this hypothetical very slightly modernized continuation could maybe offer both. Maybe some episodes where it's Superman by himself mostly, but also ones that are not. The longer it were slated to run, the more and more I'd want it to experiment/expand.

Hey do u like the Superman on the Justice league action show?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've always thought that's what New Frontiers was.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've always thought that's what New Frontiers was.
    For some, sure, but I myself (in fantasyland) would want something more radically faithful that can fool viewers into thinking it was made with the 40s shorts. Mind you I'm such a fan of those, seeing them on VHS in 80s/early 90s when I was young.

I remember one time I told my friend that if I like won millions in a lottery jackpot, I'd probably waste millions fan financing more Fleischeresque Superman (and also Batman) shorts. I'm a Golden Age fan like that (which is attached to my love of old classic cinema and pulp).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-26-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Pretty much This:
    Love it! The animation is sharp, and the voice - acting by John Newton aka 1980s Superboy aka Live-Action Clark Kent VIII is just the icing on top of a very satisfying fan short. Hail SUPERMAN CLASSIC!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The simple and most likely answer is Superman & Son, and it's exactly what it sounds like.

Or

Do a Superman show that cribs off the God Butcher arc from Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder. The idea being that we follow 3 distinct periods in Superman's life (Ben 10 Omniverse's first season did something similar) and build interconnecting and standalone stories with them.
    *Era one: a pretty overt homage to the golden age and Fleischer cartoons and all that entails. Chip-on-his-shoulder young guy. You know the deal.
    *Era two: play it like the "silver age" from The Dominus Effect story line. Superman's well known, and his adventures are strange.
    *Era three: it's the modern age complete with a married Superman with Jon as Superboy.

Gives DC he chance to use the OG suit, classic suit, and some new deal that's similar to the Rebirth one. With this format you can do stuff like the first time Superman meets Batman and the fight in one era, but Clark and Bruce watch their sons go off on adventures together in another (insert Super Sons here). Also, totally check out the nascent days of the Trinity, and the implication of a Justice something brewing in the future. Given the climate of the DCU (and the fact that Johns would assuredly be involved in this) and the nature of the show, Legion involvement would be pretty (rightly so) unavoidable.

The art style for the whole show would be pretty consistent all the way through, but each era would have its own distinctive flavor and slight alterations between them. You know the deal. Cameron Stewart is one of my go-tos, so no supervise that I'd envision the animation and design team would use his style as a template. It's pretty versatile.
    Great ideas. I would love to see that!