Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pitch a new Superman Cartoon

I think it's unfair that Batman has had four cartoons dedicated to him since 1990, while Superman has only had the one. I you guys were allowed to create a new Superman cartoon what would you do?

Here's my Idea:

The Superman Family Adventures!

It would be about Superman working with and teaching the rest of his family.

Characters:

Superman: The central lead. The greatest hero in the universe, leader of the Justice League, saviour of the world. Now many years deep into his superheroic career, Superman struggles to keep his family in line and push the world towards the brighter future he knows it can achieve.

Supergirl: Once, she was a girl lost, her home destroyed, living on a foreign world with only her cousin to guide her. Now, Kara Zor-El, secret identity Kara Danvers, attends Metropolis Univerity and protects the World as Supergirl, the Maid of Might.

Superboy: The Rebel. The artificial Kryptonian was forged in a lab, created by Dr Paul Westfield, using the DNA of Superman, and a mysterious human donor. Conor struggles to live a normal life, preferring fighting crime, or just fighting, to school.

Steel: John Henry Irons is always saving lives, whether through Steel Works, the charity that trains Kids from the Suicide Slums in engineering, or as Steel, the Armoured Hero of Metropolis. But he faces his real test at home, as he tries to raise his niece and Nephew.

Supporting/Recurring Characters:
    Lois Lane
    Jimmy Olsen
    The Daily Planet Staff
    Legion of Superheroes
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice
    The Ravers
    Power Girl
    The New-Superman
    Matrix
    Gangbuster
    Thorn
    The Justice League
    Really anyone from the DC universe could pop in.

So it would just be the whole Superman family going on adventures, sometimes together, other times on their own or just in pairs.

BANNED

I'll be the realist and ptich a Supersons cartoon with Jon and Damien in the exact vein as Teen Titans Go!

'Cause that's all they'll want to market.

I am one of the few who enjoy Teen Titans Go! It is definitely not a good show. And the characters are really weird. But it is fun.

How different is it from Silver Age?
    Give me a proper Superman based on the Silver Age. With Lois, Jimmy, Krypto, Lana, etc. Those strange and colorful adventures can be fit into 10-15 minute segments very easily. Kids would love it.

Everything: The weird transformations of Jimmy Olsen, the bottle city of Kandor, the kid version of LOSH with their weird rules, the giant diary, Krypto, Supergirl, the Bizarro world, the Superman robots,etc. The possibilities are infinite. The tone shall be comedic and quirky.

There was an episode of Brave and the Bold with Superman. Give me something like that but with Superman in focus. I would really enjoy this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'll be the realist and ptich a Supersons cartoon with Jon and Damien in the exact vein as Teen Titans Go!

'Cause that's all they'll want to market.
    You also mentioned Teen Titans Go! What a coincidence! But then this is what they are trying anyway. I loved the Powerpuff Girls. So, i tried the new show and was bored pretty soon. They simply make such nonsensical shows which are a bit too 'kiddie'.

I would love to see Supersons. It is really fun. And i will get Jon's debut. This show can be a winner.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-23-2017 at 08:56 AM.

I'd probably do rookie Superman cartoon in the vein of The Batman (2002?) and Beware The Batman (2014/2015). It centered around a rougher less expierenced superman still deciding how he's going to change the world. It takes cue from Morrison and Pak's runs on Action Comics and American Alien at times.

I'd probably do a continution of Justice League Gods and Monster centered around Hernan recruiting others for the League and trying to build a better reputation for himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd probably do rookie Superman cartoon in the vein of The Batman (2002?) and Beware The Batman (2014/2015).
    Batty Chan Adventures and a certified ratings failure? Sounds logical.

Super Sons would be fun, but in the older Teen Titans format then just TT Go. Little cameos by the parents here and there, maybe figure out someone from the Wonder Woman mythos to join them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd probably do rookie Superman cartoon in the vein of The Batman (2002?) and Beware The Batman (2014/2015). It centered around a rougher less expierenced superman still deciding how he's going to change the world. It takes cue from Morrison and Pak's runs on Action Comics and American Alien at times.
    I would love this so much, I would do exactly what you are saying but use Morrison's first Action Comics arc as a pilot episode. Also, I would change things like clark and lois would be love interests in this. No cast members outside of superman's family would appear like batman and ww in the first season. The story would actually advance also, we would see superman die,get different costumes each season, maybe literally have a crisis event where end up with a different season.

Absolutely. I want a young Superman back any way I can get it so that's definitely what I'd hope for in a new series. Far, FAR more likely that they'll only push the family man status quo in any future other-media adaptations though, unfortunately. But that would be my strong desire.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe a Superman cartoon with a classic Fantastic Four vibe with Superman and Jon Superboy. Throw in other Super-family members such as Steel, Conner, Kara, etc. Animate it in a style similar to Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Outside of Young Supes and Gods and Monsters I'd probably pitch a New Super-man cartoon. Kenan's got potential to me and a chance to experiment with an anime style (or a manhua one depending on what that is).

EDIT- someone beat me to the punch .

I'd like a supergirl cartoon but the character rarely appealed to me.

If i had to do something avant garde I'd try pitching my Red and Blue AU. Clark and Kara land on Earth around the same time but they are raised seperate. They meet up later on in life but their temparements and powers match the Superman Red and Blue stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Batty Chan Adventures and a certified ratings failure? Sounds logical.
    Sorry buddy I'd didn't know i was pitching to an actual producer. I just thought it was a creative excersize done for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would love this so much, I would do exactly what you are saying but use Morrison's first Action Comics arc as a pilot episode. Also, I would change things like clark and lois would be love interests in this. No cast members outside of superman's family would appear like batman and ww in the first season. The story would actually advance also, we would see superman die,get different costumes each season, maybe literally have a crisis event where end up with a different season.
    Thanks for the support.

I'd probably focus on more obscure heroes because the big names could support their own show :P or just don't interest me that much to show. I'm an non traditional fan I'd probably be more interested writing Daredevil and Hank Pym than DD and Spidey ya know. The villain would probably be the lesser known at first but if i got a good story for braniac than i'd use him ya know.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2017 at 05:47 PM.

I'd probably do a continution of Justice League Gods and Monster centered around Hernan recruiting others for the League and trying to build a better reputation for himself.
    God what I'd give for a show about Hernan and the rest of the Gods and Monstersverse.
    Anyway, for a show about Clark, I'd love to see the cgi animation style akin to Beware the Batman and Green Lantern TAS used for Superman. If for no other reason than that it'd be something different than what we've seen with Superman so far. I'm not too big on rookie Superman besides small doses, so I'd have him be already a few years into his career as Superman, but maybe with semi-frequent flashbacks to his early career and childhood.