Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Man, this was so frickin' good.

To say nothing of the story, there's so much banter between the team, and it's great. They've never all been in such high spirits. And they get an actual name. It's wonderful. Of course, we all know it's going to come crashing down soon, and Spoiler has yet to reunite, but still. Tim's reunion did feel rushed though, and there were no reactions shown from Dick, Jason, or Damian.

Future!Tim's plan was surprising. spoilers:
    He's not going after Kate first, or at least not directly. Instead, he activates Brother Eye to help in his plans somehow. And we know that's still active in the bad future, so... yikes.
    end of spoilers

I'm still confused how Future!Kate doesn't seem to understand that Tim might have gone missing from her timeline. That could mean that he ends up getting sent back.

One more thing: spoilers:
    Bette Kane!
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

This issue had me at the

spoilers:
    Cass and Tim hug
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

As the previous issue, this one is full of great ideas not always well executed, anyway it's enjoyable and leave you wanting to know what'll happen next issue.

Deaths in comics are become so boring and inconsequential that now, even characters himself, are not astouned when someone come back to life.

Cool issues. On one hand the reunion was a little rushed but on the other hand it wasn't rushed badly. I'm glad that part is over and done with rather than drag it out.

Honestly with the tech stuff with Brother Eye, now would be an opportune time to bring in Barbara to handle that and finally get a reunion with Cass.

This issue proved that the Tim being kidnapped plot was completely unnecessary and pointless. The reunion between Tim and Bruce should have been emotional, but instead it was cheap and empty. The ending was eye-rolling worthy since it's another rehash of Tynion's "favourite" period.

Other than that, the art was nice and Spoiler's costume looked great.

Incredible Member

...isn't there already a Brother Eye out there? It was in Blue Beetle recently.

Always Rakzo

Yeaaaaah, I feel like this issue went with the overglorification of Tim a bit too far (including how he apparently would be a better Batman than the rest, ugh). Not to mention that his return is handled rather poorly and the mentions of Conner are just cringey (despite that I want him to return).

Martinez' artwork looks good, other than that, this just reads like mediocre fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeaaaaah, I feel like this issue went with the overglorification of Tim a bit too far (including how he apparently would be a better Batman than the rest, ugh). Not to mention that his return is handled rather poorly and the mentions of Conner are just cringey (despite that I want him to return).

Martinez' artwork looks good, other than that, this just reads like mediocre fanfiction.
    This, but at least this issue didnt bore me to death like TEC previously did. As rushed and over dramatized as it is at least the plot has finally started, I mean, that was a lot of family members showing up in one issue. I'm kinda excited for the oncoming drama of batfam vs brother eye.
    Although my GOD, I swear this entire concept of future selves and happy returns from the grave are all stuff I have read in fluffy/angst fanfics some time or another.

BANNED

This was the best issue of this arc so far because things actually happened and some of them were even interesting.

Of course, this is 'Tec so interesting things happening means there's going to be some cons mixed in.

- Bette showing up was pretty cool and surprising! I thought Kate was pretty annoying in that scene, but still, nice to see Bette. Also, she wouldn't just show up randomly. Coupled with Tim's naming of the team Gotham Knights, I am convinced we are getting a second team book to hold some of these characters called Gotham Knights some time next year.

- The dialogue was mostly really solid, but the reunions themselves fell kind of flat. Just too much going on and Tynion ignoring where the actual emotional beats of his story are, in favor of plot.

- I think we are approaching double-digits on the "Cass Hug" counter. It's not bad, and it was better here since it was more casual and less a BIG moment, but it's still simultaneously sweet, amusing, and a little grating that Tynion can't think of any other way to show physical displays of affection, despite him having read her book. In regards to Tim and Cass themselves, it'd be better if they knew each other in this continuity, but let's hope that this is a sign of things to come.

- We got two "Cringe" lines this time (Apart from Kate's treatment of Bette, but that's at least in character) "All four Robins." Not a big problem since that IS what's currently canon, but still pisses me off. Also, "The only place that ever felt like home." WTF is the Drake's status, come on?!

- UGGGGGGGH. Brother Eye. By god, it wasn't interesting to begin with, and after all these years, I am so bored and so done with this nonsense.

- Tim felt a little less generic here. Baby steps, but good.

- The next issue better not just be spent on the f**king Robins. Just sayin.

- STILL waiting to here where Cass is in this future.

Hmmmm.... That sums up my thoughts on this issue.... Hmmm

It didnt have enough emotional weight to it. We might see that when our Tim reunites with Steph but I did want an emotional reunion with the Tec Team and the Bat-Family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

Honestly with the tech stuff with Brother Eye, now would be an opportune time to bring in Barbara to handle that and finally get a reunion with Cass.
    Pretty sure BBoP is currently squandering that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Man, this was so frickin' good.

To say nothing of the story, there's so much banter between the team, and it's great. They've never all been in such high spirits. And they get an actual name. It's wonderful. Of course, we all know it's going to come crashing down soon, and Spoiler has yet to reunite, but still. Tim's reunion did feel rushed though, and there were no reactions shown from Dick, Jason, or Damian.

Future!Tim's plan was surprising. spoilers:
    He's not going after Kate first, or at least not directly. Instead, he activates Brother Eye to help in his plans somehow. And we know that's still active in the bad future, so... yikes.
    end of spoilers

I'm still confused how Future!Kate doesn't seem to understand that Tim might have gone missing from her timeline. That could mean that he ends up getting sent back.

One more thing: spoilers:
    Bette Kane!
    end of spoilers
    I Loved it as well! I can't wait for the next chapter and for this to spill over to Titans and Super Sons!

BANNED

I`m going to pick it up, just hit me up maaan

Who does Tim hack this issue?

Loved the issue!

-It was a blast. There are so many hugs! Bruce and Tim(loved it that he raced right away), Cassandra and Tim (Cassandra is a sweetheart), Tim and Alfred (loved it when Alfred called him 'Dear boy' like a son).

-Fun banter. I love that. It was funny when Tim said 'You are cousins'. Clayface's words were gold. 'those are words' followed by a cute 'Yes' by Cassandra. How can someone so small and so sweet be so deadly?

-Good coordination with Action. Nice to get a recap of the 'public' events over at Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m going to pick it up, just hit me up maaan

Who does Tim hack this issue?
    Batman.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-25-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Thank you, people. I came just to show my opinions about the issue and now I've a headache thinking what the current status of Tim's parents is XD

I liked this chapter, I felt mixed about the reception the team gave to Tim, it could be read as a meta commentary of death in mainstream comics being irrelevant, but since there isn't a big indication to that, I would say it wanted to be emotional, but felt rushed because Tynion had still a lot of plot to progress. But most of the comic had a good pacing and Bruce reuniting with Tim was great, so we're good. The art was also great, though there were some pages that didn't feel as Martinez usual art, maybe because there was two colorist?

Now, to what I didn't like: Tim defeating Nightwing, Ace, Damian and Red Hood. First, it would've been nice to see the fight, it reminded me a little too much to the beggining of I Am Bane, with them being defeated (minus Ace) off panel, but in that one there was the doubt of how the Robins were defeated, here it's stated that Tim is better in fighting and intelligence, a little too overpowered for my taste. I haven't read Titans of Tomorrow, so I couldn't tell if this is a Tynion thing or it was introduced by Johns. But it is not big deal.
    What really bothered me was seeing Brother Eye, not because I have something against that storyline, I haven't even read it, but I'm tired of seeing Tynion relying so much on nostalgia, specially with it being a important part to the plot.
    Oh, almost forgot it, the whole Tim abducted by Oz felt kind of irrelevant at the end, a lot less relevant at least that how it seemed at first

WTF moment: Steph talking to her dead dad while walking in front of his uniform. It felt kind of cynic
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-25-2017 at 06:45 AM.