Astonishing Member

Default Mutants that were repowered without any explanation

There have been many cases in the last years of mutants depowered by M-Day, who have had their powers restored.
    Marvel has never given an explanation for that.

IIRC, last year, when Hopeless was writing All New X-Men (I think it was called that), he had an arc of Blob with his full powers attacking a restaurant.
    Hopeless got asked if the Blob had been repowered, or if he was using mutant growth hormones, and he answered something like we can believe whatever we prefer. It's up in the air with no definitive answer.

Another mutant who was depowered by M-Day and had his powers back is Xorn, who was used last year in Bunn's Uncanny and this year in the New Tian Secret Empire tie in and X-Men Blue.

2 mutants who were never confirmed to be depowered, but were not counted among the 198, and reappeared with their powers intact recently, after not being used since the 90s, are Emma Steed (Damask, she is more remembered for her Age of Apocalypse version who killed Shadow King with the help of Nightcrawler), she appeared in the Mockingbird book issue 2 and had her powers, (The last time she had been seen was a mid 90s Excalibur book) and Mondo, recently in X-Men Blue.

Is this because of a late effect of what Hope and Wanda did with the Phoenix? Is this because of Franklin Richards rebuilding the universe after Secret Wars and making some changes? Why are Dani Moonstar and Jubilee and Prodigy and a few others still depowered then? Is there a way to ask Marvel editors about that?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    There have been many cases in the last years of mutants depowered by M-Day, who have had their powers restored.
    Marvel has never given an explanation for that.

IIRC, last year, when Hopeless was writing All New X-Men (I think it was called that), he had an arc of Blob with his full powers attacking a restaurant.
    Hopeless got asked if the Blob had been repowered, or if he was using mutant growth hormones, and he answered something like we can believe whatever we prefer. It's up in the air with no definitive answer.

Another mutant who was depowered by M-Day and had his powers back is Xorn, who was used last year in Bunn's Uncanny and this year in the New Tian Secret Empire tie in and X-Men Blue.

2 mutants who were never confirmed to be depowered, but were not counted among the 198, and reappeared with their powers intact recently, after not being used since the 90s, are Emma Steed (Damask, she is more remembered for her Age of Apocalypse version who killed Shadow King with the help of Nightcrawler), she appeared in the Mockingbird book issue 2 and had her powers, (The last time she had been seen was a mid 90s Excalibur book) and Mondo, recently in X-Men Blue.

Is this because of a late effect of what Hope and Wanda did with the Phoenix? Is this because of Franklin Richards rebuilding the universe after Secret Wars and making some changes? Why are Dani Moonstar and Jubilee and Prodigy and a few others still depowered then? Is there a way to ask Marvel editors about that?
    All of the above. Honestly they will say it was the rebirth of Marvel prime after Secret Wars that some mutants came back with their powers (or back to life). It was the editors quick solve for writers to use a favorite that might be dead or powerless.

Lazy writing. They will never mention house of m again because there was no closure.

BANNED

how about dani and jubille tho??????

I really wish the remaining prominent characters like Jubilee and Dani would just get their powers back. At this point their being depowered still just comes across as a remnant of a long irrelevant storyline.

Don’t forget about Mesmero who appeared in the first arc of Gold with no explanation of how he got his powers back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I really wish the remaining prominent characters like Jubilee and Dani would just get their powers back. At this point their being depowered still just comes across as a remnant of a long irrelevant storyline.
    The New Mutants movie should lead to Moonstar getting her mutant powers back. As for Jubilee, Twilight is over and that's the only reason she became a vampire is because of the twilight phase. Time to cure her and make her a mutant again.

Astonishing Member

could someone with twitter ask Marc Paniccia? this makes me wish we still had x-positions
    I also think it's likely Dani will get her powers back because of the movie

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lazy writing. They will never mention house of m again because there was no closure.
    Honestly, there was a viable opportunity for closure with the end of AvX. If they had just given everyone back their powers then, it would have been fine.

Regardless, Secret Wars is absolutely an opportunity to handwave anything small enough where an explained retcon would be cumbersome.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    could someone with twitter ask Marc Paniccia? this makes me wish we still had x-positions
    I also think it's likely Dani will get her powers back because of the movie
    You're welcome https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...60352680132609

Didn't Blob get his powers back because of Mutant Growth Horomones?