Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If it's any consolation, Dani is still a valkyrie.
    yes, at least she had that lean on. it's just a pity so many others were not as fortunate.

and a shame that instead of marvel having wanda take responsibility for something they thrust upon her and the mutants, they had her act hateful and cold, dismissing any responsibility from herself.

as well as encouraging her followers to excuse her unconscionable actions so darling wanda could come back to being a hero without consequence.

Ultimate Member

I don't see why Scarlet Witch and the X-men can't work together again.

This was how/why I was kicked off a couple of years ago. I am a Witch! A legal, credential-bearing Wiccan-Witch. So I likened the animosity as part of the witches-evil trope.

It was the only time I ever said something that someone was so offended they sought me being removed. Although my 'detention' was a month, I stayed off for a year or so, because I may be a good Witch, but I'm pretty spiteful - and Scorpio to boot.

Naturally I cannot put all that into the current situation, but it proved to me that those X-fans that hate Wanda, would do about anything to silence me/others who like her and feel Bendix did her a grave, horrid injustice.

One of the most articulate responses ever.

You may not be understanding this. A writer did it, to a character that *would not * do that. Character destroyed by bad writing. That is all.

*your* writers could restore these folks . . . why won't they? You should be pestering them, instead of Wanda fans.

You're slandering Witches. Agatha is / has always been portrayed as a Good Witch.

I'm asking for the moderator to address this kind of slandering!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Controversial things like what Bendis did to Wanda always leads to heated debate; I already stated how I feel but I'd like to clarify that I don't have a problem that there was a retcon. Rather, from what I've read there isn't any real moral consistency, and the Avengers have been pushed a little too hard over the X-Men. I don't think it's good to tell others to move on or whatever, we all consume the stories differently, and I know I'll personally have trouble accepting the fallout of the last few years of Avengers and X-Men stories.

But the blame is misplaced. People have this irrational reasoning that it is somehow the fictional characters' agency that resulted in Disassembled / House of M. It was Joe Quesada, EIC at the time, that decided there were too many mutants so he and Bendis plotted this out. If you want to rage on someone, rage on them.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-24-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    heh, i wonder how many cats she had to sacrifice this time.

are you reading a page from wanda's diary? you sound as unapologetic as she always did. difference is, we can hold maximoff accountable for her hurtful words.

wallflower, tag, and josh guthrie were all very popular fan-favorites, and dani moonstar .. you cannot be serious.
    Dani Moonstar, of course I've heard of that character. Note that I mentioned the list in the first paragraph of your post. The rest? again...do they have a solo title? What are they famous for? Have they appeared in a movie in a scene longer that 5 seconds? Writers use these third tier characters like cannon fodder.

Wanda already has teamed up with the X-Men in the likes of AvsX where she helped restore mutantkind. She has worked with some of the X-men in Uncanny Avengers. She has teamed up with some of the magical members of the X-men like Magik. Also as shown she can reverse M-Day so if there are any mutants who still haven't gotten back their powers (and I can't think of any), she can restore them like she did with Rictor.

No, Wanda can't restore the mutants. She only had that power when they summoned up the Life Force.

Only if it involves restoring Wanda as Magneto's mutant daughter. I used to think it was really cool that Wanda and Pietro, two Brotherhood members, were the first mutants accepted into the Avengers. It was a neat claim to fame Wanda and Quicksilver had. Now who is the first mutant Avenger? Is it Beast? (Ugh.) Or do we count Bendis's silly retcon and acknowledge serial killer/ rapist Sabertooth as the first mutant Avenger? Or is it one of those 10 million year B.C. characters that I've already forgotten about?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Yes! Although they didn't start out as known children of Mags, I also don't favor this retcon either. My understanding is that they are synthetic mutants. That High Ev created genes that were similar, technically, to the X-gene.

Someone else can correct me if need be. But Q and W lose a lot of great back story with this retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Dani Moonstar, of course I've heard of that character. Note that I mentioned the list in the first paragraph of your post. The rest? again...do they have a solo title? What are they famous for? Have they appeared in a movie in a scene longer that 5 seconds? Writers use these third tier characters like cannon fodder.
    iron maiden, all due respects, but since when does a character having their own solo hallmark a prerequisite for a little compassion? many people did and still do love these characters, and no amount of hand-waving on your part is going to make them become forgotten or ignored to save face for scarlet witch.

i and likely others who still bear ill will toward wanda probably would have forgiven (not forgotten) her transgressions years ago had marvel chosen to have her take responsibility and show some compassion towards all the suffering she inflicted.

they went the opposite way of course, and showed her to be a cruel and unrepentant character, who only showed compassion or regret when it offered a chance at personal absolution so she could get on with her life (children's crusade). anytime she was met with the slightest conflict on the matter, she became vindictive and heartless on the subject (uncanny avengers).

you can certainly absolve her of what you like.

but you have no right nor place to tell anyone how or what they should feel in regards to that character, or how marvel has used her as a weapon against other well-liked characters without shame.

Ultimate Member

It would be interesting to have Wanda called in by one of the more level-headed mutants to find out why exactly *some* mutants have not been restored after the big reset. Dani, Jubilee, etc. would be the test cases (interesting that both have or had major supernatural things going on, Valkyrie and vampire, perhaps their lingering magical natures interfered somehow with the 'cure' that re-ignited mutant powers in so many others?). Or perhaps some entity is deliberately keeping some mutants de-powered, having siphoned off their powers for itself and not wanting to give them back (similar to how the Isolationist or Michael Pointer/Omega worked), and using the resources of magical mutants like Ilyanna and Pixie, and the Scarlet Witch (and Wiccan?), and / or magical allies to the mutants like Jimaine Szardos, they can try to track this individual down and tear that power out of them and restore it to it's rightful owners (Dani, Jubes, any other named or un-named mutants who remain de-powered, etc.).

I'd go with Magik just because she's a bit more practical, and, thanks to her demon sorceress of Limbo role, has often treated her mutant power (to be the X-Men's 'magic bus') as a nuisance, more than a defining trait. She's one of the few mutants who, if she did lose her *mutant* powers, wouldn't really change that much, since she can still *magically* travel to Limbo and back, which, IMO, gives her a jaded sort of perspective on the whole mutant thing. Plus she's got a contrary streak, and rarely goes along with the herd, so the louder other mutants scream for the witch's head, the more 'Yana might choose to work with her (as she already has, multiple times, in group castings, such as to repel that Celestial) just to hear their scandalized howls.

Beast has worked with Wanda in the past as well, but he's almost as unpopular with some elements of X-fandom, so him working with her could just be interpreted by that faction as how terribly bad an idea it is.

There are plenty of other options. Jean wasn't even around for it, and has no reason to get all lathered up (it's not like she doesn't have eleventy-billion dead asparagus-people being blamed on her). Nightcrawler's big on redemption.

Previously Sutekh said:

Jean wasn't even around for it, and has no reason to get all lathered up (it's not like she doesn't have eleventy-billion dead asparagus-people being blamed on her).

And there in lies the problem. When Jean's role as Phoenix, was retconned - so that it was not J but Phoenix that wiped out the eleventy billion, most X-fans - including myself, still a fan then - were okay with that.

But any of the retcons that sought to redeem Wanda have not found favor with the apparently hypocritical mutant fans.