Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    iron maiden, all due respects, but since when does a character having their own solo hallmark a prerequisite for a little compassion? many people did and still do love these characters, and no amount of hand-waving on your part is going to make them become forgotten or ignored to save face for scarlet witch.

i and likely others who still bear ill will toward wanda probably would have forgiven (not forgotten) her transgressions years ago had marvel chosen to have her take responsibility and show some compassion towards all the suffering she inflicted.

they went the opposite way of course, and showed her to be a cruel and unrepentant character, who only showed compassion or regret when it offered a chance at personal absolution so she could get on with her life (children's crusade). anytime she was met with the slightest conflict on the matter, she became vindictive and heartless on the subject (uncanny avengers).

you can certainly absolve her of what you like.

but you have no right nor place to tell anyone how or what they should feel in regards to that character, or how marvel has used her as a weapon against other well-liked characters without shame.
    The answer to your dilemma is in the bolded part. I don't hold grudges against imaginary or fictional characters and I don't believe in the tooth fairy either.

One thing that I've always wondered, given that it was a spell that caused M-Day, did the X-men or any other mutants ask Dr Strange for help? He did shield those that kept their powers from losing theirs and he is Sorcerer Supreme, also he would have more mystical connections that Wanda

Spectacular Member

I would like a “Scarlet Witch & The X-Men" book where she leads a team of mutants. Or maybe she could be the co-leader of the Uncanny Avengers with Rogue. Their powers could interact in an unexpected way and they could become a single entity, The Scarlet Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There are plenty of other options. Jean wasn't even around for it, and has no reason to get all lathered up (it's not like she doesn't have eleventy-billion dead asparagus-people being blamed on her). Nightcrawler's big on redemption.
    jean's ghost has little-to-no patience for scarlet witch in jean grey #7.

and don't forget that when teen jean met wanda, and found out what she had done, jean tried to attack and kill her after calling her a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The answer to your dilemma is in the bolded part. I don't hold grudges against imaginary or fictional characters and I don't believe in the tooth fairy either.
    i know where the blame lies, the question is do you? because i see you saying callous and hurtful things to others and i wonder where you place the blame in these moments.

But the blame is misplaced. People have this irrational reasoning that it is somehow the fictional characters' agency that resulted in Disassembled / House of M. It was Joe Quesada, EIC at the time, that decided there were too many mutants so he and Bendis plotted this out. If you want to rage on someone, rage on them.
    I get it, but raging at them doesn't really change what happened or what followed. I'm not asking for Wanda to go away or be killed or something horrible, I just don't feel that she was handled properly after Quesada and Bendis did what they did. I'm completely aware that there are some very overzealous fans who have been pretty antagonistic, but I don't think that changes that the Avengers in general get off with a slap on the wrist retcon that tends to remove any chance of an interesting story about responsibility. Just because everyone in-universe seems to have gotten over it or is ignoring it doesn't mean I will.

As a fan of Cyclops, I understand how it feels when editorial decisions get thrown in your face as evidence of how your favorites are horrible, so I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    All I just want is a simple story where Scarlet Witch teams up the X-men on an adventure and both sides finally addressed the “No more mutants,” Cyclops and what happen afterwards. Because even in various comics it shows that Wanda still hold some guilt for what happen when those words were said.

If the editorial at Marvel were really listening to its fans then they should have the guts to finally address this once and for all and put this behind them.

As fans of both sides it should be addressed, right ?

What do you think of this ?
    This will not happen for a simple reason marvel does not want it.

In the same way as they do not want to solve the problems that the Iluminattis caused and the same applies to AvX, IvX, Civil War.

Do not ask me the reason but they believe that the bigger the reaction on the part of the fans the better it will be even if it is a negative reaction.

Instead of solving this the marvel prefers to ignore the problem and move on. Want proof of this she was already invited to go to X-mansion and even had an adventure with the young Jean who not long ago believed she was a monster. Wanda also helped move the school to limbo (although this was a wrong and stupid solution) during the crisis with the inhuman mist.

So maybe it's best for Wanda to stay away from the X-mens. It's been more than 15 years by now maybe redemption is not possible for many readers and even though the retcon with Doom failed, it was marvel trying to solve the problem.

jean's ghost has little-to-no patience for scarlet witch in jean grey #7.

and don't forget that when teen jean met wanda, and found out what she had done, jean tried to attack and kill her after calling her a murderer.

i know where the blame lies, the question is do you? because i see you saying callous and hurtful things to others and i wonder where you place the blame in these moments.
    I think you have to learn to take a realistic approach. I don't get that worked up about things that

1. Are beyond my control.
    2. Are a work of fiction.

Marvel / Disney owns the IP. If you really want to do something productive, write a letter to them. Arguing about it on a MB doesn't accomplish anything.

Hizashi said:

I just don't feel that she was handled properly after Quesada and Bendis did what they did

I emphasized that part, because it seems you are blaming writers 'after' Q and B, rather than them - and they are actually the ones who did what we find regrettable.

Marvel / Disney owns the IP. If you really want to do something productive, write a letter to them. Arguing about it on a MB doesn't accomplish anything.
    Talking anything about comic books on a message board accomplishes nothing. You're not exactly changing the world when you post how "great you think the last issue of Defenders" was, or writing a list of your top 3 Avengers or favorite writers "post-Stan Lee" or whatever. What do you think happens here?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I think you have to learn to take a realistic approach. I don't get that worked up about things that

1. Are beyond my control.
    2. Are a work of fiction.

of course, i agree. i think you'll find for the most part people rarely discuss wanda and the mutants together.

but as this thread can attest, when it does come up, it is still a bad subject for people. memories are long, and marvel are to blame for lingering feelings of good or ill when it comes to scarlet witch, house of m, decimation, and everything that came after.

i do not blame the character herself, nor her fans. marvel are to blame, but i also have little patience for cold-hearted sentiments bleeding over into message board discussions. if marvel had been in any way sincere about her redemption, we wouldn't even be having this discussion now.

message boards are for discussion. that is literally their only purpose in this world. if you don't enjoy the discussion, click on another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Talking anything about comic books on a message board accomplishes nothing. You're not exactly changing the world when you post how "great you think the last issue of Defenders" was, or writing a list of your top 3 Avengers or favorite writers "post-Stan Lee" or whatever. What do you think happens here?
    Why are you asking me? I'm saying if they really feel strongly about something, write to Marvel.

We're all here for thoughtful and intelligent discussions about the stories and characters.

But this isn't it.

how nice of you and her to move on after decimating the entire mutant race and many fan-favorites along with. so very thoughtful
    Or this:

may agatha and all her ghost visit good tiding upon you and wanda upon the graves of all the mutants lost
    There are no real graves to visit and Agatha's not going to pay anyone a visit. Don't expect anyone to get real sentimental about obscure characters. Their fan club meeting could probably be held in closet.

Talk about more important things like why is Jean Grey given a pass and Wanda doesn't.

how thoughtful or intelligent was you offering to send flowers to a mass grave of mutants? none whatsoever. in fact, it was rather cruel.

let's leave the thought-policing to the moderators.

Why are you asking me? I'm saying if they really feel strongly about something, write to Marvel.
    It just felt like you didn't like what AcesX1X was saying, so you tried to dismiss it by pointing out how fruitless the activity was. The problem with that is that this entire hobby is unproductive, so why point out the futility of his statements but not all other comments on this MB? (Besides, who is to say that Aces did not already contact Marvel? I don't know how he spends his waking hours, do you?)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

how thoughtful or intelligent was you offering to send flowers to a mass grave of mutants? none whatsoever. in fact, it was rather cruel.

let's leave the thought-policing to the moderators.
    Okay, so why does Jean get a pass on her crimes and Wanda doesn't?