Mighty Member

Default Is Superman red and Blue really that bad

I heard its not a good story but I'm curious about the story .Is there a tpb that collects it

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I heard its not a good story but I'm curious about the story .Is there a tpb that collects it
    I enjoyed it for what it was, a brief departure from the status quo with new powers and situations. I recently had this era bound. I think there's at least one trade (Superman Transformed) that collects the beginning of Superman Blue but I don't think Millennium Giants (Blue/Red) is collected in a trade.

Like the lightning one, or the Silver Age one? That one was collected at least once, maybe twice.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Like the lightning one, or the Silver Age one? That one was collected at least once, maybe twice.
    I believe OP is referring to the 90's Superman Red/Blue, with the electricity-based powers dude.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Extraordinary Member

I thought the 'electric Superman' was fine. It was a unique way to show 'the powers don't make the man' without making Superman powerless to do so, and the character work was solid, just like it was throughout the triangle era. When he split into red-blue I thought it started going a bit off-the walls, though. At that point it also probably focused too much on the supporting cast.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah it surprisingly wasn't that big a shift in how things were done in the comics. The idea wasn't focused but the writing didn't really dip. But funny enough, even Lois just threw her hands up eventually. I wasn't surprised to see it stealth killed, because it took up enough time as it was

Pretty sure the whole thing is in some dollar bin.