Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

They've been consistently good on the action and special effects. I don't keep up with the CW shows, but it seems even better than the Marvel Netflix shows (bar Daredevil which is mostly martial arts).

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wow! That was a nail biter! Wasn't sure if they were going to get Polaris and Reed, but I'm glad they did.

Fantastic Member

This was my favorite episode so far. Good mix of character development and action moments. Still some of the comic booky dialogue out loud makes me cringe a bit but it's still pretty great to see. Polaris blink and thunderbird are the best. Pulse was in this too. Weird choice(Milligan character) but cool, will his appearance go up?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Good episode bit too action-heavy but good

I thought it got way more desperate than I expected but then everything was resolved so it was almost anticlimactic kind of feeling too

I thought the thing with Eclipse visiting that gangster and having to torture a dude and all that was a bit of a detour for this episode

Pulse's eyes look really cool when he is using his power

The scenes with Polaris escaping were awesome as they should have been, although again I'm tired of the whole "It's plastic therefore I can do nothing" nonsense, hopefully over time in this show that stops being such a total obstacle

Not sure why the actress playing Sage said this was a big Sage episode????

The twins combining powers is only making them resemble the classic Strucker Twins ever more
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

This series just gets better and better, this fixed most of the issues of too many solo plots even if it had one that went a bit long in places and was quite smart in bunching up storylines, especially Reed and Lorna’s. This was IMHO the best episode yet.

Next week from the promo it looks like both sides are upping their game again. Obviously you have starting with a tiny bit of morality play at what lines do you cross to get things accomplished with Eclipse and coercion and Polaris just starting to be well Polaris as she asked people start calling her.

The preview makes it look like things stay sharp next week. Like steel girder.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-23-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Man, this show kicks major ass

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The twins combining powers is only making them resemble the classic Strucker Twins ever more
    It will be interesting to see how much of the comic Stuckers we are in for.

It will be interesting how the high pace of action does with viewership from the first half hour to the second. Is more high intensity action what the public truly desires as Lucifer might say?
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-24-2017 at 05:01 AM.

I still highly doubt this show will actually turn the twins into the comic version but that would be a really brave and like, interesting creative choice to go that route. I wish they would honestly.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved the balance of character moments and action. So happy Polaris is free from prison and can see her cut loose on the regular now. Also glad that everyone is under the same roof, and we won't have to bounce around to so many different points. That tattoo on Pule was interesting. Was it supposed to be a reference to the hound marks?

Also, Hayley never said this was going to be a big Sage episode. She said her involvement was going to start to pick up, which it did. She actually got to bring something to the table other than just standing in the background.

Spectacular Member

This show is awesome. Look forward to every Monday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Loved the balance of character moments and action. So happy Polaris is free from prison and can see her cut loose on the regular now. Also glad that everyone is under the same roof, and we won't have to bounce around to so many different points. That tattoo on Pule was interesting. Was it supposed to be a reference to the hound marks?

Also, Hayley never said this was going to be a big Sage episode. She said her involvement was going to start to pick up, which it did. She actually got to bring something to the table other than just standing in the background.
    Yeah I assumed Pulse's tattoo was just there as like the first indicator to link him to having been "processed/changed" by Ahab and that lab/facility

Ok well I guess I misunderstood what Hayley said or meant, I thought I heard this episode would be like Sage's big breakout or something

OBEY

Spectacular Member

FYI Polaris stopping all the bullets, sending them back, and ripping the guns away from Sentinel Services was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Aka Magnet Girl
    That's the DC AU version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    It felt so good to see Lorna cut loose.
    Yeah, ending of the ep had a real cool feel of "Hey, Lorna's finally free to really cut loose." I could see it becoming part of a semi-mythology of her in future episodes.

I feel this was the best episode yet, which is good, cause episodes that build on each other toward better quality is a good sign. I feel like the writers are getting into the swing of things real fast. That Lorna got free is also great since it handles the issue from the past few episodes of feeling like she was too isolated from everyone else.

Reed's willingness to let Lorna use the screws was a great touch. The show does a great job, IMO, of masking its Chekhov's guns by making them actually feel sufficiently relevant that first time they come up. Eclipse's deal to get intel for Lorna demonstrates very well both Eclipse's own character and Lorna's impact on him.

All honesty, I don't entirely get why Dreamer was there to help break Lorna out in this episode. I know Lorna's her best friend, and I know people could help even without powers, but it kinda felt like she was risking herself without much to contribute. I might feel differently if she had a scene to show her stakes or some kind of role that makes her presence important.

Pulse and his being used offers an excellent hint into what's bound to be a future story about mutants exploited, probably brainwashed or with their memories altered. Or something along those lines perhaps. The whole scenario of mutants fighting while powerless was itself powerful and saying a lot. Obviously for Thunderbird's military training prowess without strength, and Eclipse's determination, but just in general that as mutants they don't give up the second they have no powers.

So yeah, great episode.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ahab and his hounds.

On that note, I like Rachel but time-travel is such a headache. It'd really surprise me if they used it on this show. Then again DoFP happened...
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-23-2017 at 08:14 PM.

It managed the highest twitter trend since ep one.