Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Lorna's powers seem to have a very limited range. The bus is full of metal but she had to make do with the metal pins in Reed's leg.
    Maybe the plastic was blocking her somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lorna's insistence on being called "Polaris" is a subtle shout-out to Magneto's conversation with Pyro in X2 - "What's your REAL name, John?".
    Honestly, I don't like that kind of thing hearing from our good guys' mouth. It suits villains/on the path of villains/anti-heroes. It also sounds a bit too silly when they prefer their codename as their "real" names. I'd like a scene where some arrogant mutant introduces himself, "My name is [codename]." and his friend says, "Oh shut up, will ya? His name is Leon."
    I am so looking forward to the moment when Lorna's parentage is revealed on The Gifted.
    It will most likely won't be reveal till the end of the season, and maybe not even then. I think it's probable that they'll save it for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Honestly, I don't like that kind of thing hearing from our good guys' mouth. It suits villains/on the path of villains/anti-heroes. It also sounds a bit too silly when they prefer their codename as their "real" names. I'd like a scene where some arrogant mutant introduces himself, "My name is [codename]." and his friend says, "Oh shut up, will ya? His name is Leon."

It will most likely won't be reveal till the end of the season, and maybe not even then. I think it's probable that they'll save it for the next season.
    Many mutants identify with their mutant status more than any other status, so I don't see any issue with them identifying more with their mutant name than their birth name. Just like some people prefer nicknames vs the names parents chose for them.

What I do have a problem with our heroes doing though is killing the opposing faction (unless lethal self defense is necessary). Assuming Polaris killed the guards on the bus (not sure if it's confirmed) I think that says more about the "heroness" of the character more than what name she chooses. Same with eclipse torturing the guy for information.

Obviously people will have differing opinions on this. I just like for my heroes to exhaust all other means first but every situation is unique and hard to judge.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Honestly, I don't like that kind of thing hearing from our good guys' mouth. It suits villains/on the path of villains/anti-heroes. It also sounds a bit too silly when they prefer their codename as their "real" names.
    I think of it more in terms of mutant name/identity then typical super hero code names like Spiderman or Superman with the cape off. The character was embracing her mutant identity over her human one with Agent Turner. They are showing her with a very high degree of subgroup identity as a mutant above anyone else in the Underground so far.

Also in terms of your anti-hero statement, when you talk about the characters path. I would say Thunderbird here is the conventional old time hero. Eclipse they show getting his hands dirty here and Polaris was well Polaris.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-24-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Amazing Member

Last week they showed Dr Campbell with a few bodies under sheets and mentioned hounds. This week, they showed Pulse as a hound with a familiar kind of tattoo on his wrist. Feeling like they may introduce Rachel at some point. Could even do it without time travel being necessary (Just introduce her and have her memory destroyed from the hound programming. Then if they add her to the team, slowly reveal her past in future seasons.) Telepathic powers are probably cheap to produce for TV too.

BANNED

That's the tamest, tv-safe version of a cartel I've ever seen. Are they Mexican? Those guys peel faces off, dismember with chainsaws, and dump people in barrels of acid. I don't think they'd have any trouble breaking someone. I guess cartel lady was just messing with Eclipse.

Yea the cartel are a horrible organization, but this is on Fox. I don't expect them to get too explicit and will probably use more generic mobster tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    That's the tamest, tv-safe version of a cartel I've ever seen. Are they Mexican? Those guys peel faces off, dismember with chainsaws, and dump people in barrels of acid. I don't think they'd have any trouble breaking someone. I guess cartel lady was just messing with Eclipse.
    From the lines she was an old girlfriend who inherited her dad's business... so yes you can assume messing with him or testing him. Either way its not HBO as well.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can see Rachel being a feature, if not an important storyline in the show. After all the entire premise of The Gifted is preventing the Days of Future Past from becoming a reality. Plus, I think Ray's ship in the movies has sailed so she should be fair game for the show - it would be a nice way to get a somewhat big character, with strong ties to A-list X-Men, and bring a more sci-fi element into the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I think of it more in terms of mutant name/identity then typical super hero code names like Spiderman or Superman with the cape off. The character was embracing her mutant identity over her human one with Agent Turner. They are showing her with a very high degree of subgroup identity as a mutant above anyone else in the Underground so far.
    Precisely

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

I like how strong minded Princess Lorna is in her presentation and counter agruments..she didn't relent or get weak and easily guilted Reed with his assessment of the value of mutant life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Maybe the plastic was blocking her somehow.
    Yea that's Possible.

Also she specifically says "all the metal on the bus is on the outside; I can't see it" which suggests this version of Polaris needs to see things for full control. (In the prison she got angry and threw a computer or something from another room through the window; maybe when she's really emotional she can overcome the visual barrier but not in a precise manner).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Carnen states that her men could do the job themselves but that she is making eclipse earn his information.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Did Thunderbird leave Pulse behind? I would think he would bring him back and undo what was done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did Thunderbird leave Pulse behind? I would think he would bring him back and undo what was done to him.
    He left him behind yes.