Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The MunchKING left that world pretty quick once they started talking about melting down all his magic swords.

Now he's torn between "that would be a really easy place to conquer" and "It's nice to know that at least one world in the multiverse has achieved peace."
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

So if someone decides to crash at your house without telling you and without youndver meeting them, they'd have to except or the universe would be destroyed? If that's the case,I am figuring a lot of people will have a lot of resentment and science will need to invest in something more than stress balls.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The MunchKING left that world pretty quick once they started talking about melting down all his magic swords.

Now he's torn between "that would be a really easy place to conquer" and "It's nice to know that at least one world in the multiverse has achieved peace."
    *activates overshield*

Please kindly choose the second option ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Simpsons Did It. I'm not having Billy the Kid and Kaiser Wilhelm force me to sing songs about robbing banks at gunpoint!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Create as much conflict as possible, make the biggest noise that I can. I'll go to Thailand and insult the creature's mother and argue with her about the relative value of coffee beans until she eats herself.
    You may be turned into Pad Thai and then fed to an undernourished teenager. Just saying.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    So if someone decides to crash at your house without telling you and without youndver meeting them, they'd have to except or the universe would be destroyed?
    No, actually - the dude deciding to crash at your house against your will is the cause of the conflict, not you.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    How do you handle a World without Conflict?
    No significant changes to my life, really.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Can humanity survive without fighting?
    Believe it or not, this doesn't change humanity's survival rate by much. War, terrorism, and violent crime don't really stack up very high on the causes of death list. Suicide killed more people in 2014 than homocide, (at least in the U.S.) according to the causes of death lists I've been reading. And on a worldwide scale, deaths from conflict are apparently blown out of the water by deaths from medical screw-ups.

Basically, in the World without Conflict (TM) our death rate is a fraction of a percent lower. I can't even claim that the change would lead significantly to overpopulation, which I still suspect is the real cause of our problems.

Now, if you're asking if we can keep it up without some world leader or another cracking and doing something to break the peace, I'm going to point out that even getting the peace started is so unbelievable a premise that we have to assume human nature has been drastically altered to even pull it off in the first place. So, given that alteration has taken place, then sure, why not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Believe it or not, this doesn't change humanity's survival rate by much. War, terrorism, and violent crime don't really stack up very high on the causes of death list. Suicide killed more people in 2014 than homocide, (at least in the U.S.) according to the causes of death lists I've been reading. And on a worldwide scale, deaths from conflict are apparently blown out of the water by deaths from medical screw-ups.

Basically, in the World without Conflict (TM) our death rate is a fraction of a percent lower. I can't even claim that the change would lead significantly to overpopulation, which I still suspect is the real cause of our problems.
    On the other hand, that is an inconceivably huge amount of money and resources that were invested in the creation and perpetuation of conflict that is now freed up to do something worthwhile with.

At some point, through nobody's fault, life is going to piss me off. Definitely going to be internet connectivity or speed problems. If inner conflict can have any little effect at all, my infernal inferno hell rage storm internal conflict will, will I repeat, doom every man, woman, and child within an infinite proximity of the omniverse.

Wait, the hell's this about an alien emissary and Stephen Hawking?

Conflict is necessary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Conflict is necessary.
    Citation needed.