Default Fighting American from Titan Comics (spoilers, i suppose)

any takers? #1 came out about two weeks ago.

i wasn't aware of kirby/simon's fighting american until rob liefeld got the rights to the character in the 90s and published a few mini-series through his awesome comics line.

this new series is nothing like liefeld's version, it plucks the fighting american and his sidekick speedboy out of the 50s and spits them out into 2017 w/ the fish-out-of-water routine. FA and speedboy don't understand modern technology. most people on the streets think they're cosplayers. hijinx ensue.

Astonishing Member

Sounds like fun, but i dont think there will be many readers here...

fyi, DC had a six-issue series based on Fighting American back in 1994.

Mighty Member

Default Fighting American/Titan Comics

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Sounds like fun, but i dont think there will be many readers here...
    I think the real value here is the emergence of any Simon related property. In this day and age I don't see how the wide eyed and bushy tailed era of Kirby/Simon America could be extrapolated to today's dreary meltdown but with a good writer with a talent for biting satire maybe it could work. This property certainly would be easier to work with than Simon's Fly but we will have to see. I'm not too crazy about the idea of Speedboy but it is what it is. Would have like to have had Palmiotti and Grey on this but everybody hated their take on Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters. So it goes. I'll have to pick this up soon.

Bought it. Loved it. It was fun. I think it will be a good series. Afraid it will get lost amongst all the books on the stands.

And I have read every Fighting American story printed. This one is closest to the original IMO.

i'll have to check out that DC series. didn't even realize that was a thing.

i've got the old 50s FA stuff digitally from comixology, then floppies of the liefeld stuff since all of those awesome comics books seem to be in legal purgatory or something (or liefeld just doesn't feel like putting them up on comixology -- i've got the alan moore supreme floppies, but i'd buy the digital versions in a heartbeat).

i really enjoyed the sarcastic and humorous take in #1. i'll definitely keep up with the series.

Invincible Member

I bought it. I thought it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i'll have to check out that DC series. didn't even realize that was a thing.

i've got the old 50s FA stuff digitally from comixology, then floppies of the liefeld stuff since all of those awesome comics books seem to be in legal purgatory or something (or liefeld just doesn't feel like putting them up on comixology -- i've got the alan moore supreme floppies, but i'd buy the digital versions in a heartbeat).

i really enjoyed the sarcastic and humorous take in #1. i'll definitely keep up with the series.
    I liked the original 1954 series and the Awesome Loeb/McGuiness FA. Was not a fan of the Liefeld/Platt FA or the DC series.

I guess this version of FA is done after 2 arcs. I haven't seen any news...

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I guess this version of FA is done after 2 arcs. I haven't seen any news...
    That's a bummer. I thought both arcs were fun.